Poll: Where do you stand?
This poll is closed.
I really like Kroft and think he could be the future at TE
71.88%
23 71.88%
Kroft is probably a mediocre talent, and I'd take a mid-round TE to make sure he has competition
28.13%
9 28.13%
Not sold on Kroft at all. TE should be a top off-season priority.
0%
0 0%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Kroft the TE of the future?
I see a lot of people saying that TE is a need for next years draft, but Kroft is quietly having a fine season. Over the last 5 games, he's posted 22 catches for 203 yards and 3 scores. This would average out to 70-650-10 over a full season. So how are you feeling about Kroft?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think he's doing good, but what TE hasn't done very well under Dalton? I wouldn't mind getting another TE, but I don't think it's a need.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's okay. He's vanilla ice cream.

Are you fine with just vanilla or do you want toppings?
Reply/Quote
I'd be cool with Kroft. We'll likely never have a TE that has 1100+ yards receiving. We just need an adequate pass catcher who can block.

We have bigger fish to fry than TE.
Reply/Quote
Surely good enough compared to any other line position. 4th round or later maybe draft one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It wouldn't bother me one bit if every pick was O-line.
Reply/Quote
Yes I have liked what I have seen on the offensive side, can't speak to his blocking but he def has a future as a receiving TE. Lock him up now with an extension and let Tyler Eifert walk.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
At this point have to roll with him as the short-term future for next year or so, as the line should be top priority over all else. Hopefully they can get Eifert back on the cheap tho. He is too brittle to invest much money in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It wouldn't bother me one bit if every pick was O-line.

Agreed and I'm dead serious. You probably are too.

(10-29-2017, 08:46 PM)corpjet Wrote: Yes I have liked what I have seen on the offensive side, can't speak to his blocking but he def has a future as a receiving TE.  Lock him up now with an extension and let Tyler Eifert walk.....

Uh-oh. With Kroft's contract expiring after 2018, we need to make sure there's $15 million under the cap for the "Kroft fund". 

Seriously though, I'd go ahead and lock him up before the season is up. He's more than adequate and he's healthy (knock on wood).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed and I'm dead serious. You probably are too.

Uh-oh. With Kroft's contract expiring after 2018, we need to make sure there's $15 million under the cap for the "Kroft fund". 

Seriously though, I'd go ahead and lock him up before the season is up. He's more than adequate and he's healthy (knock on wood).

Okay but no complaining when we really feel the drop off at DT next year...
Reply/Quote
I think he's PERFECT for what we need, and that's a guy that we can send up the seams to keep the safeties and backers honest and in the middle of the field.

I love what Kroft brings and I think we should be all-in with him at tight end.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 09:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think he's PERFECT for what we need, and that's a guy that we can send up the seams to keep the safeties and backers honest and in the middle of the field.

I love what Kroft brings and I think we should be all-in with him at tight end.

ThumbsUp

So far he has exceeded my expectations. I can't say the same for most of the players.
Of course, we'll lament that Eifert was added the list of really good players to walk in FA.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 09:12 PM)Derrick Wrote: So far he has exceeded my expectations. I can't say the same for most of the players.
Of course, we'll lament that Eifert was added the list of really good players to walk in FA.

Attempting to walk in FA, Eifert would probably break a tibia.
Reply/Quote
Kroft has shown he's ready to take over Eifert's role as both TE, as well as the reason we can't sign any free agents.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I see a lot of people saying that TE is a need for next years draft, but Kroft is quietly having a fine season. Over the last 5 games, he's posted 22 catches for 203 yards and 3 scores. This would average out to 70-650-10 over a full season. So how are you feeling about Kroft?

I like all 3 TEs for the long term. Kroft, I like when they drafted him. Uzomah, as well. Only I saw home as more of a project/receiver type. And Schreck is a good prospect as well.

I would be 100% on board with NOT drafting a TE this draft and developing what's on the current roster.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:30 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's okay. He's vanilla ice cream.

Are you fine with just vanilla or do you want toppings?

If Tyler Kroft is Vanilla Ice Cream does that make Tyler Eifert Vanilla Ice Cream with hot fudge, cherries and persistent back issues on top?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:13 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If Tyler Kroft is Vanilla Ice Cream does that make Tyler Eifert Vanilla Ice Cream with hot fudge, cherries and persistent back issues on top?

He's Moose Track. 
Elite tier ice cream but you eat more than a few scoops and you have a sugar rush then have to deal with the awful sugar crash and probably diabetes 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's Moose Track. 
Elite tier ice cream but you eat more than a few scoops and you have a sugar rush then have to deal with the awful sugar crash and probably diabetes 

As much as I like a few scoops of Moose Track, I can't help but feel like 16 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream is preferable to 3 scoops of Moose Track Tongue.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As much as I like a few scoops of Moose Track, I can't help but feel like 16 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream is preferable to 3 scoops of Moose Track Tongue.

And that's fair but we also shouldn't "Settle" for vanilla. If it's round 3 and say...Troy Fumagali is there...might seem silly to not look into that pick. 

I just know, NO ONE should feel safe on this roster but AJ Green. 
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As much as I like a few scoops of Moose Track, I can't help but feel like 16 scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream is preferable to 3 scoops of Moose Track Tongue.

If I didn't have a bag of Reese's pumpkins in front of me, you guys would have me craving ice cream. LOL
Reply/Quote