Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Lou Fired Yet?
(01-03-2021, 07:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: These “conversations” better be one-way and very loud. I can’t see how any coach or coordinator survives.

You must be new to Bengal-land if you think that.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lou's defense has allowed 140+ rushing yards 50% of the time in his 32 games, and has given up over 2,300 rushing yards in each of his 2 years. There's simply no way to justify bringing him back, IMO. 

The fact that the run defense isn't the saddest Defensive stat(17 sacks is). Is the saddest thing about 2020 Bengals.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lou's defense has allowed 140+ rushing yards 50% of the time in his 32 games, and has given up over 2,300 rushing yards in each of his 2 years. There's simply no way to justify bringing him back, IMO. 

Wow man.

You are throwing around some really ugly stats. What a meanie.

Hopefully the front office is competent enough to consider stuff like this.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wow man.

You are throwing around some really ugly stats. What a meanie.

Hopefully the front office is competent enough to consider stuff like this.

They weren’t sufficiently competent to protect their shiny new franchise quarterback, were they? I don’t trust them to draft correctly or to engage in free agency correctly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I laughed.... then I made myself sad cause it is true...

[Image: laughing-then-crying-gif-tumblr-03.gif?w=656]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's exactly what big Ravens wants you to believe...sheep!

Fell for it again...dammit!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You guys just don't see the big picture. Lou and Zac were hired to get us the number 1 draft pick year after year. They've failed except last year. These few wins? Just a down year for losing.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 08:46 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully the front office is competent enough to consider stuff like this.

That's optimistic!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If he stays, I would expect his leash to be shorter. An in-season firing shouldn’t be out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But in season firings are awful and often result in lost seasons. 

If you don't think a coach can do the job, don't give them a chance to prove you right. Just fire them. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 12:07 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: But in season firings are awful and often result in lost seasons. 

If you don't think a coach can do the job, don't give them a chance to prove you right. Just fire them. 

And therein lies the real dilemma for this org.  If Zac gets fired mid-season and his interim experiences the dead cat bounce, there's a possibility a subpar coach is promoted for the following season without real merit.  Keeping Zac a full season can result in the same thing (as will likely happen this year).  So the only real way around it all is to be forward viewing enough to see that he's not going to make major improvements next year and fire his butt now and start fresh.  

But I think if Zac starts off next season (assuming he'll be here) sub-500 going into the bye, he should be gone, no questions asked.  I can't even believe we're most likely going to have to go into another whole season with him.  If he comes out of the gate flat again, I don't know how I can stomach another full season of his pressers and promises that they're doing the right thing...
Reply/Quote
I honestly can't see Lou lasting another week
Reply/Quote
i saw something the ravens rushed for more yards than anyone in 50 years? did they beat our record ?
Reply/Quote
One thing you have to understand if your fire Lou is you are going to get someone who was most likely just fired as well who has no other options. If Taylor is entering next year on the hot seat that means anyone on his staff is too, and who would willingly walk into that? It's easy to say fire someone but then the harder question is who can you get that's better. The whole hyperbolic "Anyone is better than X" is simply not reality because continuity will usually give the same equally bad coordinator better results just from the familiarity.

I am okay either way as I think lack of pass rush in the end along with often injured corners were the biggest issues for this team. I just am not sure who people think is walking through that door that is making us substantially better in one year.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i saw something the ravens rushed for more yards than anyone in 50 years?  did they beat our record ?

No, our old record was 407 yards on October 22nd 2000. (2nd) Giants were 1st at 423 back in 1950.  Ravens are now in 4th after the game with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:17 AM)GodFather Wrote: No, our old record was 407 yards on October 22nd 2000. (2nd) Giants were 1st at 423 back in 1950.  Ravens are now in 4th after the game with the Bengals.

thats what i thought....   
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping we just admit we were wrong hiring Taylor!!! I'm all for getting someone else to right this ship! My order of preference:

1) Joe Brady- Carolina Off. Coordinator- and Burrows former Offensive guru at LSU.

2) Brian Daboll- Bills Off. Coordinator- Bills offense is very good and balenced, well respected coach.

3) Brian Schottenheimer- Seahawks Off. Coordinator- Seahawks offense is a nice pass oriented, run mixed offense suited to Burrow.

-all 3 of these guys could assemble a quality staff also!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:40 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I hate that approach.

I was against firing Lou mid-season since it doesn't do anything really.

This is the time to shit can that bum.

In season it is hard to change calls, and style of defense. Now it is exactly the time to do that. Fire Lou, offer Wade Phillips anything he wants, and let him pick the guys he needs.

This.  But if ZT is fired after 2021, then what do you tell the next HC?  You are stuck with this DC?  I think that is the dilemma, and I hate the situation.  Next year, the Bengals could go .500 and they are both likely retained.  And the Bengals would fall in to the same "good enough" trap that they were in with Dalton, while the Chiefs saw out of Alex Smith and took Mahommes to get over the top. 

I think the organization is putting too much stock in to Burrow's appreciation of ZT and the brief run of 30 plus point games.  I believe Burrow could do that in most situations with an arm tied behind his back, which is what he has in this coaching staff.  The routes are slow to develop and generate little separation (some of that could be AJ Green being force fed to him).  The rushing attack largely sucked.  I think a lot of that is design, blocking instructions (bye, Turner), and the fact that ZT gives up on it so damn fast.  

I don't know...I'm sure I will convince myself that the Bengals can go 19-0 this next year after a strong FA period and draft, but I can't help but think they are really wasting the opportunity of Burrow's rookie deal on giving ZT and Lou another shot.  I just haven't seen much to give me optimism of the coaches and I don't care how talented you are, without a great coaching staff you aren't going anywhere.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  But if ZT is fired after 2021, then what do you tell the next HC?  You are stuck with this DC?  I think that is the dilemma, and I hate the situation.  Next year, the Bengals could go .500 and they are both likely retained.  And the Bengals would fall in to the same "good enough" trap that they were in with Dalton, while the Chiefs saw out of Alex Smith and took Mahommes to get over the top. 

I think the organization is putting too much stock in to Burrow's appreciation of ZT and the brief run of 30 plus point games.  I believe Burrow could do that in most situations with an arm tied behind his back, which is what he has in this coaching staff.  The routes are slow to develop and generate little separation (some of that could be AJ Green being force fed to him).  The rushing attack largely sucked.  I think a lot of that is design, blocking instructions (bye, Turner), and the fact that ZT gives up on it so damn fast.  

I don't know...I'm sure I will convince myself that the Bengals can go 19-0 this next year after a strong FA period and draft, but I can't help but think they are really wasting the opportunity of Burrow's rookie deal on giving ZT and Lou another shot.  I just haven't seen much to give me optimism of the coaches and I don't care how talented you are, without a great coaching staff you aren't going anywhere.  

I agree completely with you about getting a great coaching staff, but I think the problem is the history and reputation the front office has. A great coach won't come to Cincy because of that and will wait out till a situation he feels is the right organization that will put him in a position to win Super Bowls.
Reply/Quote