Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is MB Cheap really?
(09-04-2019, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: Okay, let me put it this way---even if he is a lousy businessman, and I'm not even saying he is, how many great businessmen have a business worth a whole lot less than 2 billion?  And he sure seems to always come out ahead in any business transaction.  I'm drawing a blank on the last time somebody bested him in a money deal.

The point is, it doesn't really matter what kind of businessman he is.

Now, you want to talk GM, that's a whole other discussion.

The team is worth its value DESPITE Mikey, that is the point. There are only 32 teams in the league and the league generates enormous revenue so the team has a minimum value by default. It does matter what type of businessman he is because other owners see the value of their franchise go up when they win and build a consistent winner. Mikey will not do this - he has proven it over 30 years. This whole 'he wants to win' is a joke. He wants to make an annual profit. Period. His actions show this over and over. 

Everything he does is directed at ensuring some type of minimum annual profit, it is not based on franchise value. Part of his office 'cheapness' is not hiring enough qualified staff to build a winner - such as a GM. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The point I'm making is that you can't lose money when you own an NFL team.  Hell, the Colts are owned by an actual drug addict and they're worth more than genius businessman Mike Brown's team is.  

And they're smack dab in the middle of a dirt hill, in a podunk city, in a podunk state, surrounded by podunks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I never understood why we do not have a retractable roof in the first place when PBS was built.

Build it and city can use PBS for a lot of entertainment events and be in use 365 days a year. The city gets more tax revenue as businesses get more business downtown during these events and city could manage the non Bengals events and make money for their investment.
MB could also add 5 to10 million a year if he allowed naming rights to PBS, 5 to10 million a year equates to an additional 25 to 50 million a year in equity. Why would a cheap guy not sell the naming rights if he was indeed cheap?

I don't know about the cheap part, but if he could have had all that, and didn't--is he really a good businessman?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 07:46 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The team is worth its value DESPITE Mikey, that is the point. There are only 32 teams in the league and the league generates enormous revenue so the team has a minimum value by default. It does matter what type of businessman he is because other owners see the value of their franchise go up when they win and build a consistent winner. Mikey will not do this - he has proven it over 30 years. This whole 'he wants to win' is a joke. He wants to make an annual profit. Period. His actions show this over and over. 

Everything he does is directed at ensuring some type of minimum annual profit, it is not based on franchise value. Part of his office 'cheapness' is not hiring enough qualified staff to build a winner - such as a GM. 

[Image: A-BINGO.gif?fit=500%2C200&quality=100&ssl=1]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:17 PM)McC Wrote: Okay, let me put it this way---even if he is a lousy businessman, and I'm not even saying he is, how many great businessmen have a business worth a whole lot less than 2 billion?  And he sure seems to always come out ahead in any business transaction.  I'm drawing a blank on the last time somebody bested him in a money deal.

The point is, it doesn't really matter what kind of businessman he is.

Now, you want to talk GM, that's a whole other discussion.

He sure didn't come out ahead signing Antonio Bryant and Barry Foster.
Reply/Quote