Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Manziel the starting QB for the Browns this year?
I've heard Flopzel might or might not be the starting QB for the Browns this year. I will tell you if they start him like they did by replacing Hoyer last year while still in playoff contention, the Dog Pound will be Dog Shit. The guy can't play in the NFL period. His show me the money attitude landed him in rehab this off season to deal with reality that he's no good. The Browns are the worst organization in the NFL and they keep getting even more worse.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The Browns have to play Manziel this year. They invested a first round pick in him. However poorly he has payed to date, they have to give him a more substantial shot than just a handful of games late in a losing season. If he doesn't show substantial improvement this coming season, then they can argue to their fans that they are certain that it is time to move on to someone else. It is more than likely that if Johnny plays anything like he did last season the Cleveland fans will be more than ready to see him go too.
If things get to that point, it currently looks like the 2016 draft will have lots more talent at the QB slot than this year's draft. If so, the browns will have another shot at the brass ring at that position. Of course, all that assumes that the Browns start to show some skill at drafting talented players. Based on past performance, that's a big assumption.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 04:30 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: The Browns have to play Manziel this year. They invested a first round pick in him. However poorly he has payed to date, they have to give him a more substantial shot than just a handful of games late in a losing season. If he doesn't show substantial improvement this coming season, then they can argue to their fans that they are certain that it is time to move on to someone else. It is more than likely that if Johnny plays anything like he did last season the Cleveland fans will be more than ready to see him go too.
If things get to that point, it currently looks like the 2016 draft will have lots more talent at the QB slot than this year's draft. If so, the browns will have another shot at the brass ring at that position. Of course, all that assumes that the Browns start to show some skill at drafting talented players. Based on past performance, that's a big assumption.

I agree. You wasted a 1st round pick on the guy. Give him a year to see what he can do, if he's terrible the Browns should have a high draft pick in next years draft.

Manziel has the pieces around him to do well. A good defense, and a good offensive line. Shame he doesn't have Josh Gordon to throw to.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I want him to play just good enough so they delude themselves into thinking he really could be the answer and last year was an anomoly, then he can go into the crapper. Maybe they'll have thrown away a couple more seasons by that point. Whatever brings Cleveland the most misery ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I would assume he has to earn the position away from Connor Shaw, Thad Lewis, and Josh McCown, which wouldn't be too hard for him to do. The problem for him will be keeping the job with how badly he has played. I'm just happy something stupid didn't happen and somehow he was on the other team in Ohio.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd let Manziel start the season if he showed he was dedicated throughout the off-season camp process because at this point he is still an unknown and McCown has proven to be a solid backup but nothing more at this point. Either way it's an awful choice to have to make.
Reply/Quote
I would say Flopzel is not NFL material physically. Marvin called him a midget last year. I can't stand Cleveland fans so all the better they play him and lose big. I actually felt sorry for him because he is out of his league. Wonder when Cleveland decides to bench him? Maybe after the first few losses?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 04:30 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: The Browns have to play Manziel this year. They invested a first round pick in him. However poorly he has payed to date, they have to give him a more substantial shot than just a handful of games late in a losing season. If he doesn't show substantial improvement this coming season, then they can argue to their fans that they are certain that it is time to move on to someone else. It is more than likely that if Johnny plays anything like he did last season the Cleveland fans will be more than ready to see him go too.

I agree with this. If you take a guy 22nd, you have to play him even if it's to prove he can't do the job.

They shouldn't have taken him in the first place. Now they're stuck with him and they get to suffer until he proves he's a bust. As a Bengals fan, that makes me smile. Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 01:54 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: I'd let Manziel start the season if he showed he was dedicated throughout the off-season camp process because at this point he is still an unknown and McCown has proven to be a solid backup but nothing more at this point. Either way it's an awful choice to have to make.

The NFL isn't just scamper away from lineman until someone is out of position and either run the ball for 10 yards or bomb the ball to Mike Evans, it actually takes pocket presence.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think that lil **** smack could have some success over a short period of time if the Browns play to what little strengths that he has. This all depends on whether or not he actually knows the playbook this season.... And it will be short lived.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The real browns text message scandal is the one that made them lose the 22nd overall pick.LOL
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I believe McCown will start the season, but Manziel will start more games in the season. He'll show some improvement, but just not enough to show that he's a franchise QB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I bet he only plays if McCown is injured or they are just terrible on offense and the season is ranked
Reply/Quote
Dude is a total head case and the players have no confidence in him. I'd cut bate and go with McCown for this season. Not sure why they totally gave up on Hoyer. I thought I saw a few flashes in him. Granted he was raw, but that almost goes without saying in this discussion of the 'turnstile' that is the Brown's QB situation.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Hopefully. Honestly I always give the Browns a fighting chance against us but if Manziel is their starting QB I'm not that worried.
Reply/Quote
So there was a rumor going around that a drunk manziel threw a water bottle at a fan. I didn't know what to believe I mean a water bottle who does that? But then I skimmed down and read the blurb that 'he missed'.

Then I knew it had to be true.
Reply/Quote
I hope they play Manziel again so we can utterly punk him down again like we did the last time.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2015, 11:53 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: So there was a rumor going around that a drunk manziel threw a water bottle at a fan. I didn't know what to believe I mean a water bottle who does that? But then I skimmed down and read the blurb that 'he missed'.

Then I knew it had to be true.

Big Grin

Reply/Quote
Johnny didn't throw a water bottle at a 'fan'.... it was his friend who then responded "Nice throw, Johnny."  Yet another missed receiver of a Manziel pass.  Hilarious that his 'friends' are abandoning ship as well.

It's laughable to even think this moron will ever start for an NFL squad.  He is a spoiled little brat that will be in the commentators booth here in a year or so.  Luckily for the Browns that the NFL put that rookie pay scale deal in place or they probably would have wasted around 30 mil on this turd.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/31/after-incident-at-golf-tournament-agent-says-fan-harassed-manziel/
Reply/Quote
The water bottle was probably full of vodka
Reply/Quote