Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kam Chancellor Ends Holdout
First off, I'm pumped because I have the Seahawks D in a few fantasy leagues.

Second, why'd he end it?

The Seahawks were struggling without him (and because of the fact that they don't know how to use Jimmy Graham), so was he just making a point?

Did he end it just because his teammates and fans were getting pissed at him?

Do the Seahawks return to dominance on D?

It's amazing that he made that big of a difference from the safety spot (assuming that they improve with him back), and I know you can point to other safeties making a big impact, but that D is stacked, especially in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
I don't know, but he abandoned his teammates to chase a deal that still has three years left on it. He should know contracts go up every single year. If he wanted a bigger piece of the pie then he should have signed a shorter term deal and cashed in later. Instead he went with security of getting paid long term then and forfeited the right to cash in during that time period. Or at least most of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1) his savings couldn't take anymore missed game checks

2) what better time to come back. They are 0 - 2 and playing against the Bears, who they will beat with or without Kam. noe he can say they will because he is back instead of continuing to holdout and watch the team start winning without him and really lose all leverage.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They should sit him for 2 games.

Man I would make the best coach ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
They miss Dan Quinn. Their defense won't ever be what it was the last 2 yeas.
Reply/Quote
Im calling it now... First game back and he tears an ACL.
Reply/Quote
Teammates generally side with the players when it comes to trying to get paid what they think they are worth. But in this case there was still 3 years left on the deal. My bet is that a lot of teammates did not support that. If players started doing that then half of the roster would be trying to get a new deal every year.

Cam is not a guy trapped in a cheap rookie contract. He agreed to a 4 year $28 million contract in 2014. If he thinks he is underpaid then he has no one to blame but himself for taking that deal.

Teammates probably would not even mind if he whined and complained about being underpaid, but when they start losing because a guy under contract is refusing to play it becomes a problem. Chancellor was supposed to be a big locker room leader. I bet he returned because there were grumblings that he was losing support among his teammates.
Reply/Quote