Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Marvin feeling the heat?
(08-08-2018, 11:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: These past 2 years we have replaced melting down with just flat out never being in games.  Lord, last year alone we were never in the Ravens, Bears, Vikings games in particular.

I agree. But that's not do to increased discipline. IMO, that's bad coaching and lack of talent at certain positions. TBH, last year I feel they also battled themselves mentally. Some guys just didn't seem into it.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just a guess, but with all the solid off season moves maybe MB handed Marv the reins and complete control for his last two years to prove himself. Certain he has always asked for it and when given a little in 11 when he threatened to leave he proved his worth by making playoffs 5 straight years..

Then it seemed to revert back when Jones, Sanu, Whit, Zeitler and Nelson amongst others were let go without adequate replacements ready.

Not saying he never gave great effort when not having total control but just like last year. He almost certainly wanted OL help but was given a WR. You can think you are trying your best but those sort of things weigh one down some mentally.

Not sure but do know something changed this off season and I am very happy because of it.

Hope Marvin gets it done and FO allows coaches to run their own teams from then on.

Just speculation though mostly because I certainly have felt Marvin has always been handcuffed by FO.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Marvin should be training with his players... jogging, lifting, etc. (not as much as them of course but do some together) instead, he's just another beer-belly coach. Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's pretty common knowledge that many HCs don't show much fire until year 16.

Had I been drinking, this would have made me do a spit-take  Hilarious 

(08-08-2018, 11:10 AM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I was watching him throwing to players as a qb last Saturday.
I had never seen him do that before.

He does that a bit in pre-game, standing near the sidelines and playing catch with the players.  It's one of the few times he looks like he's actually enjoying being out there.

(08-08-2018, 02:18 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Marvin should be training with his players... jogging, lifting, etc. (not as much as them of course but do some together)  instead, he's just another beer-belly coach.  Sad

Well, time for Marvin to git-er-done.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just a guess, but with all the solid off season moves maybe MB handed Marv the reins and complete control for his last two years to prove himself. Certain he has always asked for it and when given a little in 11 when he threatened to leave he proved his worth by making playoffs 5 straight years..  

Then it seemed to revert back when Jones, Sanu, Whit, Zeitler and Nelson amongst others were let go without adequate replacements ready.

Not saying he never gave great effort when not having total control but just like last year.  He almost certainly wanted OL help but was given a WR. You can think you are trying your best but those sort of things weigh one down some mentally.

Not sure but do know something changed this off season and I am very happy because of it.

Hope Marvin gets it done and FO allows coaches to run their own teams from then on.

Just speculation though mostly because I certainly have felt Marvin has always been handcuffed by FO.

He Checked out after we lost Whitworth. I remember Collinsworth saying he wanted to retire after that in the Texans Game last season. I think everyone knew we were done after that.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 10:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hard to beat the refs...

but undisciplined teams don't make the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Disciplined teams don't get their @zz handed to them every time the lights are on, or the post season starts to the tune of 0-7 looking like clowns while doing it.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. But that's not do to increased discipline. IMO, that's bad coaching and lack of talent at certain positions. TBH, last year I feel they also battled themselves mentally. Some guys just didn't seem into it.

Yup,

At several points in several games last year it was like being in the 90's again. AJ's meltdown showed a lot about the level of frustration team wide !
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 11:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/knXuiqdvZ4E

I remember watching that and almost shat myself when he said that. I didn't expect him to say something like that but it was pretty awesome. I even jumped on the treadmill after he spoke. 
Reply/Quote
Feeling the heat? Seriously? Let’s see, Mike Brown does demand excellence. The media here rivals New York for sure. He should’ve already been fired like 3 times. He has a 2 year contract that Mike won’t eat. The fans have forgotten about last year and are all optimistic and on the OLine coaches nuts. Marvin has to have a hellova retirement plan set up. Yep, I’d say that he’s sweating from the heat.
Reply/Quote
That's racist... Fat Randy and Huber kick balls all the time at practice and Marvin never yells at them
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, well, I had totally forgotten the "Be a blippin pro" speech. BTW, they won the Division that year....... yell, Marvin, yell.....

Meh, he knew the cameras were on him. Gotta look good for HBO  Ninja
Reply/Quote
He’s 0-7 in 16 years he’s not feeling anything
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:39 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: He’s 0-7 in 16 years he’s not feeling anything

I would hope he at least feels embarrassed.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would hope he at least feels embarrassed.

I don't doubt that at all. And as he should be
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 12:39 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: He’s 0-7 in 16 years he’s not feeling anything

I doubt he wants that to be what he is remembered for. However, if he doesn’t get over the hump, it will be.

Reply/Quote
Its been a mild august but I'm sure its hot out there.
Reply/Quote
The only heat Marvin is feeling is from the hot sauce on the rack of ribs he's eating while looking over his 2 year extension and smiling how easy that was...and then thought "If winning a playoff game was only that easy, Id be Bill F'kin Belichick."
Reply/Quote
Marv looks like he has put on 25lbs since last season. He sure looks like he is feeling the heat and doing a lot of stress eating.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 11:54 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Marv looks like he has put on 25lbs since last season.  He sure looks like he is feeling the heat and doing a lot of stress eating.

That's for sure....good grief what a gut. Get a bigger shirt Marvin....
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's for sure....good grief what a gut. Get a bigger shirt Marvin....

Maybe it's a Cyst and he can go on the "Dr Pimple Popper Show" and get it removed.  Tongue
Reply/Quote