Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Marvin handcuffing Lazor?
IMO, it's an obvious yes. We still see the same third and short BS we have since the days of Bratkowski. Shovel passes, tosses 5 yards back from the LOS, dumbass attempts at trickery... The continuous rotating of RB's after Lazor said he wanted to get away from the gimmick.

Marvin, please... Back the f*** off.
Reply/Quote
In my years on the board I have discovered a theme:

If it's good. Someone other than Marvin did it

If it's bad: Marvin did it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In my years on the board I have discovered a theme:

We can not say we have the BEST of coaches.   Welll... those guys ain't job hunting.  You have to figure that "pretty good" is as good as we'd get.

Who's the top dog in the NBA? GSW.  Well.. for a LONG time they were not even a CONTENDER.   How does that change?
Reply/Quote
No it is the offensive line that is handcuffing the offense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I've wondered on many plays, many drives, many games, how much input Marvin has on the O ? When does he over rule the OC ? Does he just say keep it on the ground ? Does Dalton lose his ability to audible in this situation or that ? And on and on.

Be interesting to know.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: IMO, it's an obvious yes. We still see the same third and short BS we have since the days of Bratkowski. Shovel passes, tosses 5 yards back from the LOS, dumbass attempts at trickery... The continuous rotating of RB's after Lazor said he wanted to get away from the gimmick.

Marvin, please... Back the f*** of
empty post. you really have no clue about play calling.. bengals did pretty well i thought on 3rd down
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: IMO, it's an obvious yes. We still see the same third and short BS we have since the days of Bratkowski. Shovel passes, tosses 5 yards back from the LOS, dumbass attempts at trickery... The continuous rotating of RB's after Lazor said he wanted to get away from the gimmick.

Marvin, please... Back the f*** off.

Anyone that thinks it is a coincidence that ALL of the OC's over ALL these years do the EXACT same thing is NUTZ.

It is not a coincidence.

Marv is the problem and have said it for years that Defensive minded people need to stick to Defense.

Agree with you Pat.

Marv needs to get out of Lazor's ear.
Reply/Quote
Hes calling plays Andy is comfortable with. Andy is handcuffing himself
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: empty post. you really have no clue about play calling.. 

(10-08-2017, 09:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: empty post. you really have no clue about play calling.. bengals did pretty well i thought on 3rd down

You are an empty poster in this thread Essex and i like you most of the time. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: In my years on the board I have discovered a theme:

Haha. That's hilarious and so accurate!

Like Marvin tells the OC to not score and call stuff that doesn't work.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Anyone that thinks it is a coincidence that ALL of the OC's over ALL these years do the EXACT same thing is NUTZ.

It is not a coincidence.

Marv is the problem and have said it for years that Defensive minded people need to stick to Defense.

Agree with you Pat.

Marv needs to get out of Lazor's ear.
What are you talking about doing the same thing over and over again?  Jay was very different than Brat and Hue was very different than Jay. I will give you Zampese wasn't that much different than Hue but then again he wasn't supposed to be they were trying to keep the offense the same from the previous season. The fact is our offensive personal isn't as good as it once was and thus is where the struggle comes from.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha. That's hilarious and so accurate!

Like Marvin tells the OC to not score and call stuff that doesn't work.

You think that Brat, Gruden, Hue, Zamp and now Lazor all doing the same thing is a coincidence?

Seriously? Shocked
Reply/Quote
No......good ole "giggles" should get a lot of blame (for hiring K Zampese in the first place) but Lazor is calling his own games..........and doing a heck of a job #LazorFocus
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You think that Brat, Gruden, Hue, Zamp and now Lazor all doing the same thing is a coincidence?

Seriously? Shocked

Define same thing.

In general teams run the ball when they get the lead to kill the clock as incompletions stop it and interceptions hurt. I doubt that Marvin is like go away from what works.

Really...the only plays that seem to reliably work with our offense is deep throws to AJ Green. It's just a matter of if they call them or not. And they may be called...but the defense double teams him and takes it away.

I really doubt that Marvin is like 'Go away from what works.'
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What are you talking about doing the same thing over and over again?  Jay was very different than Brat and Hue was very different than Jay. I will give you Zampese wasn't that much different than Hue but then again he wasn't supposed to be they were trying to keep the offense the same from the previous season. The fact is our offensive personal isn't as good as it once was and thus is where the struggle comes from.

We have never stepped on the other teams Defense's throat's ever.

We play Defensively once we are up under Marvin Lewis, always have.

Where have you been?
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Define same thing.

In general teams run the ball when they get the lead to kill the clock as incompletions stop it and interceptions hurt. I doubt that Marvin is like go away from what works.

Really...the only plays that seem to reliably work with our offense is deep throws to AJ Green. It's just a matter of if they call them or not. And they may be called...but the defense double teams him and takes it away.

I really doubt that Marvin is like 'Go away from what works.'

Of course not, he is just not Offensive minded and that is all i am saying.

Marvin Lewis should get out of our Offensive coaches minds.

Pretty plain and simple. Stick to what you are good at.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We have never stepped on the other teams Defense's throat's ever.

We play Defensively once we are up under Marvin Lewis, always have.

Where have you been?

Your supposed to run out the clock when you have a big lead. Look at the Superbowl from last season if you need further proof. The things people ***** about on this board  amazes me.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:08 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Your supposed to run out the clock when you have a big lead. Look at the Superbowl from last season if you need further proof. The things people ***** about on this board  amazes me.

Guess what the losers of the Superbow did? They stopped running the ball and did not adjust.

Guess what the winners did? Adjusted and threw the ball cause they were down.

You have to adjust to the other team and Marvin Lewis believes from his own words that adjustments are "journalistic jargon".

Marv is great at putting a good team together, especially Defense, he don't know Offense.
Reply/Quote
Not really. Lazor was always an aerial coach. He knows how to have a passing attack. He's struggled with running the ball.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 10:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess what the losers of the Superbow did? They stopped running the ball and did not adjust.

Guess what the winners did? Adjusted and threw the ball cause they were down.

You have to adjust to the other team and Marvin Lewis believes from his own words that adjustments are "journalistic jargon".

Marv is great at putting a good team together, especially Defense, he don't know Offense.
 You honestly think this team doesn't make halftime adjustments? Seriously Marvin knows more football then me and you or anyone else on this board. The fact that people think the guy is an idiot and cant coach shows the idiotodacy of this fanbase. For Christ sakes the dude coached one of the greatest defenses of all time and won a Superbowl.
J24

Reply/Quote