Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Marvin handcuffing Lazor?
If we had a good o line I think we’d do more stuff

Since Lazor started Iv seen a better variety and better timing on when to call plays. Also seen more TE vertical routes something that Zampese was allergic to.

Marvin was our coach when we had those crazy offenses with Carson and that year with Andy so it’s hard to believe his influence is at fault. I just think it’s all o line. I mean one of our face plays back in the day was the flea flicker and we haven’t seen one of those in forever
Reply/Quote
Lazor is doing good overall. Especially when you consider he has had to alter the playbook a good deal to cover for the deficiencies of the OL. Those issues have forced the offense into a scheme where they have to get the ball out fast even if it means shorter passes. It also has meant trying to use other plays to cover for the OLs complete inability to open holes for interior running.

With that said, the idiotic tendency for the offense to let up when the team is ahead is still there, and has been part of the team the whole Marvin era. Indeed the entire team lets up when we are ahead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote