Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Our D-Line Going To Eat This Week?!
Our defensive ends finally seem about fully healthy and I've already been impressed with the play of Hill and Reader at defensive tackle,

Hubbard and Hendrickson have been impressing me, but now Ossai and Murphy should be healthy enough to cause damage in a rotation!

The Titans have an offensive line that ranks in the bottom five in the league in pass protection, so I'm excited to see how our pass rush does against them, especially with their rushing game struggling, meaning that we can just tee-off on the pass rush!

I think our defensive line is going to have a HUGE week!

[Image: cbb7a1a8-01de-433a-8017-0a74d6a52fd9_text.gif]

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote

I think that it all starts with containing Derrick Henry.

If that is going well then the Bengals should start getting to Tannehill especially if the Bengals

can play with a lead.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 03:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

If that is going well then the Bengals should start getting to Tannehill especially if the Bengals

can play with a lead.

I agree and normally I'd be worried but he's struggling this season, so hopefully they completely abandon the running game early!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 03:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Our defensive ends finally seem about fully healthy and I've already been impressed with the play of Hill and Reader at defensive tackle,

Hubbard and Hendrickson have been impressing me, but now Ossai and Murphy should be healthy enough to cause damage in a rotation!

The Titans have an offensive line that ranks in the bottom five in the league in pass protection, so I'm excited to see how our pass rush does against them, especially with their rushing game struggling, meaning that we can just tee-off on the pass rush!

I think our defensive line is going to have a HUGE week!

[Image: cbb7a1a8-01de-433a-8017-0a74d6a52fd9_text.gif]

WHO-DEY!

They're not now. You just added to the jinx. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If the offense can score a couple time fast they will for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 05:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're not now. You just added to the jinx. 
Impossible!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Obviously!
(09-28-2023, 05:51 PM)M.W. Wrote: If the offense can score a couple time fast they will for sure.

If our line can block as well as they did against the Rams, we should have no problem putting up points.
Reply/Quote

can play with a lead.

We have allowed an avg of 5.1yds per carry and 2 TD's per game to opposing RB's, and that's not against the likes of Henry. BUT, Lou has a way of preparing the defense. Also, with a record of 1-2, I think they will still feel the urgency. I think the best way to take Henry out of the game is score quickly and often and force them into a pass offense. With Tannehill having his sloppy moments, that should fare well for our D.

Reply/Quote
It seems to be hit and miss with this line except Hendrickson. If they don't it's because they don't keep mixing things up and just rush 4 and play run first all day long. It would really help if the Titans were playing from behind.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We have allowed an avg of 5.1yds per carry and 2 TD's per game to opposing RB's, and that's not against the likes of Henry. BUT, Lou has a way of preparing the defense. Also, with a record of 1-2, I think they will still feel the urgency. I think the best way to take Henry out of the game is score quickly and often and force them into a pass offense. With Tannehill having his sloppy moments, that should fare well for our D.

Something ive noticed at least anecdotally, we struggle against great lines, not necessarily good backs. Cleveland has both, and Baltimore has just a great line (albeit injured this year). We generally have done well against Henry because TN doesn’t have a great line to accompany their great back.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 08:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We have allowed an avg of 5.1yds per carry and 2 TD's per game to opposing RB's, and that's not against the likes of Henry. BUT, Lou has a way of preparing the defense. Also, with a record of 1-2, I think they will still feel the urgency. I think the best way to take Henry out of the game is score quickly and often and force them into a pass offense. With Tannehill having his sloppy moments, that should fare well for our D.

This is i think going to end up a farce stat

We’ve played Chubb, and Lamar Jackson. We weren’t going to come out of those 2 games looking like a good run D no matter what happened. Run D was decent against the Rams which isn’t a surprise.

We still have a good run D. We just played 2 teams that are insane at running
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2023, 07:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Impossible!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Obviously!

If our line can block as well as they did against the Rams, we should have no problem putting up points.

I know you played before your accident. Did that bump on the head cause you to forget everything you were taught?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Quote:Is Our D-Line Going To Eat This Week?!
I certainly hope so. I'd hate for them to go out there on an empty stomach and with low blood sugar and expect them to perform. Ninja
Reply/Quote

I think we'll see more safety blitzs now that Lou knows how fast Hill can get home. Between our D line, Hilton on corner blitzs and Hill coming from the safety position, If we get a lead it's going to be a long day for Tannehill
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think we'll see more safety blitzs now that Lou knows how fast Hill can get home. Between our D line, Hilton on corner blitzs and Hill coming from the safety position, If we get a lead it's going to be a long day for Tannehill

Lou has some weapons on D, and it’s going to be tough to pick up all the blisters if our d line keeps getting to the quarterback!
Reply/Quote
The defense was probably built to be a constant. No matter how bad things get, this unit will keep it close enough for us to have chances. And it's not if they will eat - it's if they are still hungry.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I do have confidence the DL will feast on passing attempts, but I honestly do worry about defending the run.
The Bengals are allowing 5.1 YPC on the ground, which is 28th in the league.
They have not defended the run well at all.
And we know Henry is a monster, and Spears is doing well spelling him too.

Titans also have a very good DL, both against the run and pass.

This I think will be a close game, and it will depend on Burrow being able to pass and doing as well as possible slowing down Henry/Spears.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yes we gave up 200 yards on the ground to both the Stains and the Rats while the Rams got only 71. Hopefully the defense can be closer to 71 than 200 (even say 120 would be fine). I will note that historically we have done pretty well against Henry.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 11:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I do have confidence the DL will feast on passing attempts, but I honestly do worry about defending the run.
The Bengals are allowing 5.1 YPC on the ground, which is 28th in the league.
They have not defended the run well at all.
And we know Henry is a monster, and Spears is doing well spelling him too.

Titans also have a very good DL, both against the run and pass.

This I think will be a close game, and it will depend on Burrow being able to pass and doing as well as possible slowing down Henry/Spears.

Playing against DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson added to the rush yards allowed plus worrying about their scrambling 

ability made it harder for the Bengals to focus on stopping their running backs.

DeShaun and Lamar had 99 rush yards against the Bengals.

Less mobile Matthew Stafford had 7 rush yards and the Rams had only 71 rush yards against the Bengals.

Ryan Tannehill has 17 rush yards on the season, so the Bengals won't have to Focus on him as a run threat the way they 

had to against Lamar and Deshaun.

This should make it easier to Focus on Henry but Henry is still dangerous.
Reply/Quote

can play with a lead.

Henry has been washed since 2021. I am not worried about the Titans offense one bit. Take care of the ball and we win.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 12:20 PM)depthchart Wrote: Playing against DeShaun Watson and Lamar Jackson added to the rush yards allowed plus worrying about their scrambling 

ability made it harder for the Bengals to focus on stopping their running backs.

DeShaun and Lamar had 99 rush yards against the Bengals.

Less mobile Matthew Stafford had 7 rush yards and the Rams had only 71 rush yards against the Bengals.

Ryan Tannehill has 17 rush yards on the season, so the Bengals won't have to Focus on him as a run threat the way they 

had to against Lamar and Deshaun.

This should make it easier to Focus on Henry but Henry is still dangerous.

I really don't think people realize how hard it is to game plan against Lamar. They played contain on him all day and still got toasted at times. They had a lot of free rushes at him but missed a ton of wide open tackles. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote