Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Our D-Line Going To Eat This Week?!
I just hope they come out of the game healthy. He's a big man, a wrecking ball on the field. Which means we need to keep him off the field by winning the TOP battle and taking a lead early to limit his touches.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 12:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I really don't think people realize how hard it is to game plan against Lamar. They played contain on him all day and still got toasted at times. They had a lot of free rushes at him but missed a ton of wide open tackles. 

Yes - He was the 2019 NFL MVP

Tannehill won't be able to escape like Lamar did.

Later in the game against the Bengals, Lamar showed why he is worth the money.

Avoiding sacks, extending plays long enough to pass and running at Key moments titled the game in the Ravens favor.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 11:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I do have confidence the DL will feast on passing attempts, but I honestly do worry about defending the run.
The Bengals are allowing 5.1 YPC on the ground, which is 28th in the league.
They have not defended the run well at all.
And we know Henry is a monster, and Spears is doing well spelling him too.

Titans also have a very good DL, both against the run and pass.

This I think will be a close game, and it will depend on Burrow being able to pass and doing as well as possible slowing down Henry/Spears.

You have to take into account who we were playing Ochocincos. The Stains with Nick Chubb and the Ravens with Lamar Jackson 
are about as good of running teams as there is in the NFL. Us not having any semblance of a passing game against these teams 
for 6 quarters also kept our Defense on the field tons and wore us down.

We do well against King Henry. Tyjae Spears was my guy in this last Draft though and he concerns me a bit. But this isn't the 
Stains with Nick Chubb or the Ratbirds with Lamar Jackson. We should be able to slow down the run and get after Tannehill in 
this one, I just don't like to jinx ourselves before the game. Seems to happen every time we think we should feast on a weakness.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 12:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Henry has been washed since 2021. I am not worried about the Titans offense one bit. Take care of the ball and we win.

Derrick Henry averaged 4.4 YPC and was 2nd in total rushing yardage last season. He definitely wasn't washed up.

This season though, I will say he's been less effective.
Averaging just 55 yards and 17 attempts per game.
I think their OL is definitely factoring into Henry's production this year too though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You have to take into account who we were playing Ochocincos. The Stains with Nick Chubb and the Ravens with Lamar Jackson 
are about as good of running teams as there is in the NFL.
Us not having any semblance of a passing game against these teams 
for 6 quarters also kept our Defense on the field tons and wore us down.

We do well against King Henry. Tyjae Spears was my guy in this last Draft though and he concerns me a bit. But this isn't the 
Stains with Nick Chubb or the Ratbirds with Lamar Jackson. We should be able to slow down the run and get after Tannehill in 
this one, I just don't like to jinx ourselves before the game. Seems to happen every time we think we should feast on a weakness.

The good teams find ways to defend/attack the opposition's good players.
I know both the Browns and Ravens have good running games, but that's not necessarily justification to excuse the run defense because they went against great run games.

I'm not saying every single team is gonna run wild on the Bengals, but they do need to find ways to neutralize good players.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'll feel better if the OL starts to 'eat' this week, as in 150 yds rushing with 0 sacks and minimal pressures allowed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2023, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The good teams find ways to defend/attack the opposition's good players.
I know both the Browns and Ravens have good running games, but that's not necessarily justification to excuse the run defense because they went against great run games.

I'm not saying every single team is gonna run wild on the Bengals, but they do need to find ways to neutralize good players.

Of course, but the other factor is how bad our passing Offense has been which has worn our Defense out.

I challenge the best Defense at stopping the run in the league to shut down the Stains with Nick Chubb and the Ratbirds with a 
healthy Lamar Jackson while having no Offense pretty much. No Defense can do this while the TOP is flipped to such a degree IMO.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if they're still hungry...?   Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wonder if they're still hungry...?   Mellow

Yeah, this thread didn't age very well, did it..?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote