Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Q Anon becoming a part of the GOP mainstream?
I saw a story, this morning, about a GOP candidate in my city being a Q Anon supporter/follower and it made me think about some of the other instances we have seen around the country. We're even seeing it at the federal level with Greene taking the nomination down in Georgia.

So, do you think this is becoming a part of the GOP mainstream? If yes, does that concern you? If no, how far do you see this trend going before it starts declining?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I saw a story, this morning, about a GOP candidate in my city being a Q Anon supporter/follower and it made me think about some of the other instances we have seen around the country. We're even seeing it at the federal level with Greene taking the nomination down in Georgia.

So, do you think this is becoming a part of the GOP mainstream? If yes, does that concern you? If no, how far do you see this trend going before it starts declining?

Absolutely.  Trump* has retweeted many of their conspiracies and the Qbots are out there pushing them as well.  The right is using conspiracies to solidify their supporters with the fear that "they" are coming after "them".  

*I mentioned Trump because he is relevant to the spread of Q misinformation.  I am not blaming him for it but he is a component of it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Mainstream in what sense?

1/3rd of Republicans believe this conspiracy theory. That's pretty shocking. May be high enough to say mainstream with supporters.

A few QAnon believers just won primaries in red districts, so we'll likely have some in Congress, though it's not the first or last time crackpots will be there. So I'd say no if that's the metric.

I imagine it's going to be more pervasive at the local level. Local level does account for far more offices and sway over daily life. Harder to quantify though.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:15 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Mainstream in what sense?

1/3rd of Republicans believe this conspiracy theory. That's pretty shocking. May be high enough to say mainstream with supporters.

A few QAnon believers just won primaries in red districts, so we'll likely have some in Congress, though it's not the first or last time crackpots will be there. So I'd say no if that's the metric.

I imagine it's going to be more pervasive at the local level. Local level does account for far more offices and sway over daily life. Harder to quantify though.

If I knew more about what Q-anon said I could answer this better but locally the republicans here are much more likely to believe a conspiracy than the democrats (talking about voters) but the elected officials don't ever say too much about it...at least publicly. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think it is mainstream, but I think the spread of misinformation is concerning.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:19 AM)GMDino Wrote: If I knew more about what Q-anon said I could answer this better but locally the republicans here are much more likely to believe a conspiracy than the democrats (talking about voters) but the elected officials don't ever say too much about it...at least publicly. 

Donald Trump is battling for the soul of America against a cabal of blood magic, satanists who are child predators. Basically liberal elites run these evil trafficking rings and are duking it out with Trump, who will one day bring them all to justice. 

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Donald Trump is battling for the soul of America against a cabal of blood magic, satanists who are child predators. Basically liberal elites run these evil trafficking rings and are duking it out with Trump, who will one day bring them all to justice. 

All joking aide, do they consider the pictures of Trump with Epstein and whatshername to be him going undercover to expose them?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Donald Trump is battling for the soul of America against a cabal of blood magic, satanists who are child predators. Basically liberal elites run these evil trafficking rings and are duking it out with Trump, who will one day bring them all to justice. 

Okay, I knew that part of it.  Thought maybe it ran deeper.  I assume the deep state is also in on it.

I've muted more than a few over this "everyone is a pedophile" string theory running through social media.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Okay, I knew that part of it.  Thought maybe it ran deeper.  I assume the deep state is also in on it.

I've muted more than a few over this "everyone is a pedophile" string theory running through social media.

Yea, I'm pretty sure "deep state", "globalists", "Gates", and "Zionists" are involved. 

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All joking aide, do they consider the pictures of Trump with Epstein and whatshername to be him going undercover to expose them?

He barely knew them! They sought to destroy him and he could tell right away.

(Probably)

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All joking aide, do they consider the pictures of Trump with Epstein and whatshername to be him going undercover to expose them?

(09-21-2020, 01:37 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He barely knew them! They sought to destroy him and he could tell right away.

(Probably)

Reply/Quote