Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Reiff eligible if healthy?
Riff is done for this year and should be done as a Bengal. Decent player but can't stay healthy. Has not played a full season in 5 years.
Reply/Quote
I’m disappointed with the sacks allowed this season but these guys have been good enough to help us get to the AFC championship game. Inexperience showed up against one of the best fronts in the NFL. Great learning experience and hopefully they can learn from this game and carry that into the Chiefs game. No need to be trashing our guys. They won the game and it’s on to the next one.
Reply/Quote
Where or when is Fred Johnson coming back
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:55 PM)Burreaux Wrote: I’m disappointed with the sacks allowed this season but these guys have been good enough to help us get to the AFC championship game. Inexperience showed up against one of the best fronts in the NFL. Great learning experience and hopefully they can learn from this game and carry that into the Chiefs game. No need to be trashing our guys. They won the game and it’s on to the next one.

Agreed.  Also, I wouldn't want to change what gets us to the AFCC game.  O-Line Chemistry and synergy really is important.  But also, Tennessee has made "better" o-lines look just as silly.  They're just that good.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Riff is done for this year and should be done as a Bengal. Decent player but can't stay healthy. Has not played a full season in 5 years.

To be fair in 2020 Riley Reiff missed 1 game week 17 Covid List. In 2019 He was inactive for week 17 resting for the playoffs (did miss a couple half games that year). Overall Riley Reiff was a very healthy player for his career.

That said he shouldnt be the only option for the Bengals RT. I would like to see them either add someone like Morgan Moses or use their 1st round pick on one if available. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:07 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Agreed.  Also, I wouldn't want to change what gets us to the AFCC game.  O-Line Chemistry and synergy really is important.  But also, Tennessee has made "better" o-lines look just as silly.  They're just that good.

The bengals oline is and has been bad all year. I wouldn’t consider that trashing them by saying that. The bengals almost need to do a complete overhaul on the offensive line. We went chase 1 overall last year and it has be completely worth it however the other side to that is all these sacks and poor oline play. I’d take chase again in a heartbeat but u have to do that with the understand that the offensive line play is gonna take a hit. And they have this year. This offseason we need to bring in proven guys who can protect the only reason we’re in this afcc game which is burrow. I don’t wanna rely on the bengals to try n scout some prospects with the hope they will work out. They swing and miss time and time again. Go sign Kelce or Brian Allen and bring in Moses or trade for Becton then grab someone in the day 1 or day 2. That simple imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 01:36 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: The bengals oline is and has been bad all year.  I wouldn’t consider that trashing them by saying that.  The bengals almost need to do a complete overhaul on the offensive line.  We went chase 1 overall last year and it has be completely worth it however the other side to that is all these sacks and poor oline play.  I’d take chase again in a heartbeat but u have to do that with the understand that the offensive line play is gonna take a hit.  And they have this year.  This offseason we need to bring in proven guys who can protect the only reason we’re in this afcc game which is burrow.  I don’t wanna rely on the bengals to try n scout some prospects with the hope they will work out.  They swing and miss time and time again.  Go sign Kelce or Brian Allen and bring in Moses or trade for Becton then grab someone in the day 1 or day 2.  That simple imo.

Oh, I can't imagine anyone would argue we need an overhaul on o-line, but i just don't think it's a good idea to change anything up given we are doing things some of us have never seen before (last AFCC game I was 6 years old...)
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/12/17/bengals-riley-reiff-injury-out-for-season/

Good article. They said he is eligible to return but when he practiced again he re-aggravated his ankle and he was getting worse and not better. Zac said he is done for the year.
Reply/Quote
Prince had a really good game against Titans. RT is not the problem.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote