Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is The United States In Trouble?
(06-23-2023, 02:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This was about the struggles the country is facing.

Take your ad hominem attacks and go find out where Fred is these days and post with him.

I Googled it out of curiosity because I was just wondering how long the way we're operating is sustainable and the results said that the average empire lasts 250 years:

Expanding our resources too far could be a cause because it weakens our core. Allowing record numbers of illegal immigrants to cross the Southern border. Inflation. Crime. Indoctrinating our kids.
With the size of our country, as much aid as we give the rest of the world, our military occupation around the world, our military presence around the world, and various other factors, I think we're definitely an empire.

Care to expand instead of just making a piss-poor attempt at a personal jab at me?

The real struggles the country is facing don't include the politically motivated made-up right-wing culture war except that its backlash is leading to bans on free expression, the removal of open discussion in school, banned books, and vigilante-style attacks on vulnerable people. Free and open societies do not rebel against their government.  On the other hand, suppressive governments go down all the time.

Crime rates remain far lower than they were in the '70s and '80s. 

Look to churches and religious or conservated-based schools if you fear indoctrination.  Public schools simply teach things the right wing would like to pretend didn't happen.  Public schools teach critical thinking not critical race theory.
This country has room to absorb the immigrants.  They are providing a labor force that our falling birth rates can't.  But the way to fix illegal immigration is to fix legal immigration.  Republicans in Congress shot down the last bipartisan attempt to fix the broken system.  They'd rather have the problem to run on.  Lack of movement to fix broken systems is another way governments crash.

Just read your thread...the vast majority is on transgenderism which is an issue blown way out of proportion compared to the amounts it actually occurs. Again though, the right uses diversions to avoid talking about the real problems

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 03:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What is a female?

Furthermore, you think that the terms male and female have no objective reality?

When I use the term female in relation to woman, I'm speaking to gender identity and possessing the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits more commonly associated with one sex. 

However - and this addresses your second question - even strictly speaking of biological sex, it's incredibly complicated. The terms male and female are classifications, not objective facts. They're categories of distinction based on generalities, commonalities and differences -- not absolutes or infallible criteria.

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 06:35 PM)Lucidus Wrote: When I use the term female in relation to woman, I'm speaking to gender identity and possessing the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits more commonly associated with one sex. 

However - and this addresses your second question - even strictly speaking of biological sex, it's incredibly complicated. The terms male and female are classifications, not objective facts. They're categories of distinction based on generalities, commonalities and differences -- not absolutes or infallible criteria.

lol

You're killing your own argument and making my point for me. 

The words woman, female, whatever other terms you want to use, have no meaning to the left anymore because anyone at any time can say "I'm a woman."

Forget the struggles with the hormones or the ability to carry a child or the hormones and emotions that a woman possesses. The difficulties of a girl going through puberty or becoming a woman with things like body changes because it doesn't mean shit to you and the rest of the left.

Any male that says he identifies as a female shares all those experiences and struggles!

Good to know! 

I have another question, since all that is true to you and people are what they identify as, do the group of people that identify as crippled share all of the same struggles and emotions as I do? 
Reply/Quote
We wouldn't be struggling with all this trans acceptance if we would have just let Obama make the USA into a muslim nation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 07:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: lol

You're killing your own argument and making my point for me. 

The words woman, female, whatever other terms you want to use, have no meaning to the left anymore because anyone at any time can say "I'm a woman."

It seems you desire for words to have a singular usage and meaning, and are extremely uncomfortable when that's not the case.

Quote:Forget the struggles with the hormones or the ability to carry a child or the hormones and emotions that a woman possesses. The difficulties of a girl going through puberty or becoming a woman with things like body changes because it doesn't mean shit to you and the rest of the left.

Any male that says he identifies as a female shares all those experiences and struggles!

Good to know! 

If an adult person classified as a biological female was born without a uterus and never menstruated, do you still consider them a woman? 

Quote:I have another question, since all that is true to you and people are what they identify as, do the group of people that identify as crippled share all of the same struggles and emotions as I do? 

No group of people share all of the same struggles or emotions - no matter the identification or categorization. People are individuals; individuals are unique; individual experiences are equally as unique. 

Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 09:00 PM)Lucidus Wrote: If an adult person classified as a biological female was born without a uterus and never menstruated, do you still consider them a woman? 

I could care less about the trans "movement" (it's been around for like 50 years lol) but the biological difference in male and female goes further than reproduction. We have evolved quite differently there are alot of differences in just bone structures. Size of rib cages, the size of bones at the joints, the angle of the femur from the hips because of hip size etc...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2023, 02:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The average empire lasts 250 years.

They normally collapse due to things like problems within the empire to become unstable and then it's usually invaded by outside forces.

The United States will be 250 in a few years.

We seem to be having turmoil and becoming unstable with things like culture wars and now things becoming chaotic with so many people suddenly identifying as transgender and even teachers pushing this on kids.

The outside forces could be seen as Mexicans crossing the border illegally at such an alarming rate, which I'm not saying they'll try and overthrow the government, but it just costs the country a lot of money and makes us very unstable.

We are becoming more and more in debt.

Biden could very well be re-elected or, maybe even worse, Kamala could be elected and just chuckle us into hell because all these people vote on emotion and think letting men identify as women is more important than the economy, border, crime, and every other issue that keeps our country running.

I've asked this before, but are we in trouble?

You guys aren't an empire, Brad Wink

(06-23-2023, 09:32 PM)Synric Wrote: I could care less about the trans "movement" (it's been around for like 50 years lol) but the biological difference in male and female goes further than reproduction. We have evolved quite differently there are alot of differences in just bone structures. Size of rib cages, the size of bones at the joints, the angle of the femur from the hips because of hip size etc...

So you DO care then? Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 09:00 PM)Lucidus Wrote: It seems you desire for words to have a singular usage and meaning, and are extremely uncomfortable when that's not the case.
Only when, for all of human history, certain words had one meaning concrete meaning until about five minutes ago.

(06-23-2023, 09:00 PM)Lucidus Wrote: If an adult person classified as a biological female was born without a uterus and never menstruated, do you still consider them a woman? 
Ever heard the term "the exception that proves the rule"?

The female you mentioned still has every other body part and chemical makeup of a woman. 
(06-23-2023, 09:00 PM)Lucidus Wrote: No group of people share all of the same struggles or emotions - no matter the identification or categorization. People are individuals; individuals are unique; individual experiences are equally as unique. 
But women and men generally have similar struggles in their developmental years and then even as adults.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 10:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You guys aren't an empire, Brad Wink

Whatever helps you sleep at night ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote