Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There Anyone You Would Move Up for in This Draft?
Let's assume the Bengals draft at #8, is there a guy that you would move up to get?

If so, who and how much are you willing to give up?
Reply/Quote
Deshaun Watson trade the 8th pick overall and next years 1st round pick and 4th round pick because next years 1st round pick won't be a high one anyway
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 02:11 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: Deshaun Watson trade the 8th pick overall and next years 1st round pick and 4th round pick because next years 1st round pick won't be a high one anyway

Odds are that we would be able to move BACK in the draft and draft Watson.

No way in the world I would give up 2 first rounders for him.
Reply/Quote
Doubt I would move up if we are sitting at 8. It is just too expensive, likely costing another first rounder.
At the moment Jonathan Allen and Myles Garrett are the only two worthy of the consideration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:06 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Doubt I would move up if we are sitting at 8.  It is just too expensive, likely costing another first rounder.
At the moment Jonathan Allen and Myles Garrett are the only two worthy of the consideration.

It depends.  It's not nearly as costly to move up when a QB isn't involved.  The Dolphins moved up from 12 to 3 a couple years back and it only cost them a 2nd rounder.
Reply/Quote
I'd move up for Garrett if the price isn't too steep (which it would be)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would move down to about 18 get eifling. would drastically improve our line then take the 3rd we most likely got for moving down and a 5th round Comp pick to get Browns second first round pick or move somewhere into late 20s and get raquan McMillan the beat lb
Reply/Quote
I'd move up for Garrett or Allen.

However, here's what Philly gave up last year to move from #8 to #2:

1st round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
1st round (2017)
2nd round (2018)

I can't imagine Brown giving this up or anything close to it to move up.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd move up for Garrett or Allen.

1st round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
1st round (2017)
2nd round (2018)

yeah rather get the 2 osu players I posted earlier than give up that much. If u applied that to this past draft ur talking about not getting wjiii Boyd vigil Billings. That's a lot to give up they could be our new core group. 
Reply/Quote
As of now, I'd move for Garrett. Under some magical fire Marv and go rebuild mode with a new coaching staff, so you trade Dalton, I'd move up for Watson.
Reply/Quote
Moving from 6-10 to 1-2 is just too expensive. Unless you are going and getting a franchise QB I just don't think it is worth it.

Getting a top 10 talent would be nice to begin with. Giving up a ton of picks to move up would piss me off.

I'm hoping we end up with 11 draft picks this year. I doubt 11 picks would make the roster so the extra picks should be used as ammo to move around in the draft and get some guys who fill needs.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd move up for Garrett or Allen.

1st round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
1st round (2017)
2nd round (2018)

That was for a QB, it's a little different when there isn't a franchise QB in the draft - the price goes down dramatically.
Reply/Quote
I just don't like moving up in the draft. The draft is a crapshoot and the more picks the more chances you hit on
a diamond in the rough like a Geno Atkins or something. I do like Myles Garrett and Jonathan Allen but i doubt we
move up to get one of the two. I don't like it and i doubt we do it.

Stay put and pick BPA. Maybe a good pass rusher will be there or an athletic LB.
Reply/Quote
I'd trade back ..I want Jamal Adams or Reuben Foster.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:40 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'd trade back ..I want Jamal Adams or Reuben Foster.

You probably need to be in the top 10 to get Foster, and more than likely Adams.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 05:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I would move down to about 18 get eifling. would drastically improve our line then take the 3rd we most likely got for moving down and a 5th round Comp pick to get Browns second first round pick or move somewhere into late 20s and get raquan McMillan the beat lb

This is the second time I've seen you write this.  No team is going to trade a top 20 pick for a 3rd and bottom of the 5th round compensatory pick.  With a 3rd and a comp 5th you would be able to move up half a round.  So that trade would get you an early 3rd round pick for a late 3rd and a comp 5th.  Or that trade might get you a late 2nd round pick for an early 3rd and a comp 5th.

If you want an additional first round pick in the late 20s, the Bengals would most likely need to trade 2018's first round pick plus additional 2017 picks. Or multiple high round picks from 2017 or 2017 + 2018.  
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:06 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Doubt I would move up if we are sitting at 8.  It is just too expensive, likely costing another first rounder.

I would add Derek Barnett to that list.
Reply/Quote