Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There Help For Ogbuehi?
Dalton went to House to improve his throwing ability- mostly his deep balls and velocity on short-to-medium throws- so is there anyone or anything that can help Ogbuehi improve into a high quality leff tackle?

The problem that I saw when watching him play was his footwork, and it doesn't seem like he gets himself in good position to put a block on rushers. He's too flat-footed. I realize that it's not like he can be dancing around, but he didn't even slide his feet when rushers tried to beat him around the edge or make a move back to the inside.

Is there any possible help for him? We know Paul Alexander isn't doing shit to help him.
Reply/Quote
Someone probably could make him serviceable but instead he'll get taught to play the piano.
Reply/Quote
When I watch Ogbuehi, I think his footwork sucks, his core strength sucks, his aggressiveness sucks and his hand placement sucks.

It's kind of staggering just how bad he is in nearly every facet of being a tackle in the NFL.

I will admit that I'm not one of those people who watch the same player each snap, I prefer to watch the whole play and just enjoy the game. But the number of times they show, in an instant replay of the previous play, the defender getting into his pads before he even lays a finger on the defender is simply hilarious. If it weren't so depressing that we spent a first round pick on him.

I don't think there's a coach out there that could fix his problems in an off season. They'd basically have to start from the ground up.
Reply/Quote
Reps reps and more reps. He just needs more experience wish he could of got it last year when the season was over half way thru the year. But this is the price you pay when you try to win games and not develop players you need in the future. He should of been starting last year a lot more so we could get the growing pains out of the way then.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 08:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When I watch Ogbuehi, I think his footwork sucks, his core strength sucks, his aggressiveness sucks and his hand placement sucks.

It's kind of staggering just how bad he is in nearly every facet of being a tackle in the NFL.

I will admit that I'm not one of those people who watch the same player each snap, I prefer to watch the whole play and just enjoy the game. But the number of times they show, in an instant replay of the previous play, the defender getting into his pads before he even lays a finger on the defender is simply hilarious. If it weren't so depressing that we spent a first round pick on him.

I don't think there's a coach out there that could fix his problems in an off season. They'd basically have to start from the ground up.

You cant fix it in the off season because we don't practice how we play. He needs game experience and lots of it most new lines takes 6 games or so to jell. He is in his second game this year at LT it will take time after riding the bench for 3 years.
Reply/Quote
Is there help for him? No. Help for him is not in the building currently.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 08:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When I watch Ogbuehi, I think his footwork sucks, his core strength sucks, his aggressiveness sucks and his hand placement sucks.

You mean standing there waiting for the defender to get into your chest before you put your hands up and try to engage doesn't work??
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The NFL has an offensive line problem. Frankly there just aren't many good one being produced in college. The Bengals are one of 7 or 8 teams with really bad lines and the truth is many of them have invested in 1st round lineman that haven't panned out. There was a dat when taking a LT in the early first was a safe bet, but anymore it's almost as risky as a QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 09:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: The NFL has an offensive line problem. Frankly there just aren't many good one being produced in college. The Bengals are one of 7 or 8 teams with really bad lines and the truth is many of them have invested in 1st round lineman that haven't panned out. There was a dat when taking a LT in the early first was a safe bet, but anymore it's almost as risky as a QB.

Very true.  Lots of LT prospects have busted lately.

As to the Bengals, maybe, just maybe it's time to use information other than can a guy knock over a 60 year old fat ass coach to evaluate linemen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 09:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean standing there waiting for the defender to get into your chest before you put your hands up and try to engage doesn't work??

Who knew?

Not PA, apparently.
Reply/Quote
There are many services that help people who are looking to start a new career. I think HVAC and nursing are heavily in demand.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Yeah...he just doesn't seem to have the aggressiveness and physicality needed for a lineman. Like I'll see him pull on blocks and he gets out in front and a safety will come up. He could easily knock the safety down...but he gives him a light push.

He's a very finesse guy.
Reply/Quote
Look at his scouting report. His prospect rating was 5.95.

'In 2014, named third-team AP All-American and first-team All-SEC despite allowing seven sacks.'

Weaknesses
Functional power and anchor are legitimate concerns. Technique flaws make pass protection harder than it has to be. Football leverage isn't as good as expected. Doesn't play with enough bend at impact. His punch in pass pro can be woefully mistimed and he plays with wide hands and some wasted motion in setup. Base tends to narrow when pass rush gets to his high side. Not a powerful tackle and won't generate much push as in-line blocker. Was one of the SEC leaders in sacks allowed in 2014. Tore his ACL in Aggies' bowl game, and won't be able to go through a full pre-draft workout for NFL personnel men.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/cedric-ogbuehi?id=2552355
Reply/Quote
What does it say about our staff when the QB and now LT must go outside to seek help with their mechanics.....and then we promoted the QB coach to OC.....smh.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Anyone know if this team has ever reached out to some of the past greats like Munoz or even Lap. Or if any past player even offered to help. Lap seems like he would be willing to help mentor some of the young guys. I don't think he sees eye to eye with PA though. At this point I would kick PA to the curb and offer the job to Lap.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...he just doesn't seem to have the aggressiveness and physicality needed for a lineman. Like I'll see him pull on blocks and he gets out in front and a safety will come up. He could easily knock the safety down...but he gives him a light push.

He's a very finesse guy.

If it were me, I'd be looking to truck my opponent down. But then again, I played hockey, not football, so....
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:11 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Anyone know if this team has ever reached out to some of the past greats like Munoz or even Lap. Or if any past player even offered to help. Lap seems like he would be willing to help mentor some of the young guys. I don't think he sees eye to eye with PA though. At this point I would kick PA to the curb and offer the job to Lap.

Munoz was working with Ogbuehi and Fisher this offseason IIRC
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No I don't think so

Football isn't in his heart IMHO
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:13 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Munoz was working with Ogbuehi and Fisher this offseason IIRC

Willie Anderson last year as well. In fact, Willie's assessment if Cedric is what started making me nervous in the preseason.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 08:36 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Reps reps and more reps. He just needs more experience wish he could of got it last year when the season was over half way thru the year. But this is the price you pay when you try to win games and not develop players you need in the future. He should of been starting last year a lot more so we could get the growing pains out of the way then.

He could play in 100 games in the next year. He still gonna suck ass.  Hes not very good at the game of the football. Nothing about him is positive 
Reply/Quote