Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There Help For Ogbuehi?
(09-19-2017, 08:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When I watch Ogbuehi, I think his footwork sucks, his core strength sucks, his aggressiveness sucks and his hand placement sucks.

And that was why I didn't like the pick when we made it. The injury just made it even worse, since there wasn't a way to be sure it wouldn't effect either of those aspects. 

But to the OP, the best chance at turning Og into a decent LT is.... 

[Image: 4_3126192.jpg]

Seriously. The guy has a decent track record with long-term projects. Og will keep getting snaps and he will keep improving. PA will keep working with him and in a couple years, people will forget about how awful he was the first couple seasons (because people's memory is usually impacted more by the present than the past). 

In other words, Og will be fine. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A few days ago on the radio, Dave Lapham said that Paul Alexander teaches the same technique to every player.

Dave said that his “old school” thought is that every player is different and that each player has his own strengths and weaknesses.  He feels that players should be taught the technique that is best suited to the individual player’s strengths.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:35 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: A few days ago on the radio, Dave Lapham said that Paul Alexander teaches the same technique to every player.

Dave said that his “old school” thought is that every player is different and that each player has his own strengths and weaknesses.  He feels that players should be taught the technique that is best suited to the individual player’s strengths.

Assuming "his" = Lapham's, I would agree with Lapham.

Unfortunately for Ogbuehi, I haven't seen anything that should be considered a strength in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:33 AM)Benton Wrote: And that was why I didn't like the pick when we made it. The injury just made it even worse, since there wasn't a way to be sure it wouldn't effect either of those aspects. 

But to the OP, the best chance at turning Og into a decent LT is.... 

[Image: 4_3126192.jpg]

Seriously. The guy has a decent track record with long-term projects. Og will keep getting snaps and he will keep improving. PA will keep working with him and in a couple years, people will forget about how awful he was the first couple seasons (because people's memory is usually impacted more by the present than the past). 

In other words, Og will be fine. 

So you waste multiple years developing your first round LT to be fine? His play is hurting the team (as is the rest of the Oline) but my point still stands. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:35 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: A few days ago on the radio, Dave Lapham said that Paul Alexander teaches the same technique to every player.

Exactly! Which is what I was saying when people thought changing the OC was going to improve the line play. Alexander is who teaches these guys technique.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 12:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Exactly! Which is what I was saying when people thought changing the OC was going to improve the line play. Alexander is who teaches these guys technique.

The hope is that maybe the new OC changes blocking schemes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

PA has said that he always looks for the nastiest OL in the draft and tries to get him on the team. One of the factors in finding the guy? His handshake. I remember PA talking about Westerman's handshake blowing him away.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 04:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: PA has said that he always looks for the nastiest OL in the draft and tries to get him on the team. One of the factors in finding the guy? His handshake. I remember PA talking about Westerman's handshake blowing him away.

I love doing this sometimes: next time someone goes to shake your hand, give them your hand, but don't do anything. Don't bend your fingers, don't grip their hand, just give them your hand, let them grab it and shake it. They will be grossed out. Cracks me up every time.

BTW, I'm still looking for work so if anyone knows of any place that's hiring ... ...  Mellow 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote