Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Conceivable? (WR for the future)
(02-17-2020, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There will be a LOT of WRs who people project as Day 2 talents who end up on Day 3 because of how good the class is as a whole.

Agreed! With how talented this WR class is, I would prefer to focus on QB, Oline and Linebacker early. Then take a WR later, maybe Pittman, Claypool, Rodgers etc. depending on who falls. That plus what we currently have should be more than enough for this year. Burrow and an improved Oline would get the most out of everyone. Then address WR early next year. JaMarr Chase would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote:  but is it conceivable?

[Image: 0a4588346180462c668f2b43712f87a78e33e756...9eb24a.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 05:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There will be a LOT of WRs who people project as Day 2 talents who end up on Day 3 because of how good the class is as a whole.

I could see them going after Moss's son at TE. Would be a good pick. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2020, 10:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see the Bengals doing a reverse of what they did when the drafted AJ in round 1 and Dalton in round #2. I could see us trade back into round 1 to geta 5th year option for the WR they fall in love with. I also see no way AJ walks and as you said at a minimum they tag him. I think in the end Green  re-signs for 2 or 3 years prior to the 2020 season.

I also see the Bengals doing something with the OL in free agency, not at tackle, but at guard.

The big question though becomes what will they do to fix the defense which is not close to playoff caliber. Lots of holes to fill so hopefully a trade and some cap money as a result and a draft pick helps them create some cap room for the defense.

If they sign Whit to play LG, it could be something like 2 years, $18 million, and Thuney for RG could be 5 years, 60 million.  You could trade or release John Miller and apply that savings to these contracts as well as that of Glenn, Dalton, and Dre K (Who Darius Phillips outperformed).  

Can you imagine a line of Williams-Whit-Hopkins-Thuney-Hart/Johnson? 

Do that, and draft a slipperly WR at 33 and this offense could really take off.  The rest of the draft could go to the defense.  
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2020, 11:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I could see them going after Moss's son at TE. Would be a good pick. 

I'd be fine with that as long as it's on Day 3.
TE isn't a focal point in a ZT offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 08:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If they sign Whit to play LG, it could be something like 2 years, $18 million, and Thuney for RG could be 5 years, 60 million.  You could trade or release John Miller and apply that savings to these contracts as well as that of Glenn, Dalton, and Dre K (Who Darius Phillips outperformed).  

Can you imagine a line of Williams-Whit-Hopkins-Thuney-Hart/Johnson? 

Do that, and draft a slipperly WR at 33 and this offense could really take off.  The rest of the draft could go to the defense.  

I'm pretty sure Whit will never consider return to the Bengals no matter what they offer.

But I love the scenario.    Love it.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 12:53 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm pretty sure Whit will never consider return to the Bengals no matter what they offer.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Andrew-Whitworth-open-to-returning-to-Cincy-if-it-doesn-t-work-out-with-the-Rams?pid=836165#pid836165
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 12:53 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm pretty sure Whit will never consider return to the Bengals no matter what they offer.

Did you read the article?  He actually opened the door.
Reply/Quote
I would not mind Tee Higgins at 33.
He has that same build as AJ Green and Clemson
Does a great job of readying WRs for the NFL.
After this year its very feasible that Green and Ross
Are no longer on this roster
Might as well start addressing that group now
Then later.
LB is a need for sure. But I think a FA could come
And a help solidify that group more so than a rookie
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Given that AJ will definitely be tagged, but outside of that the future is uncertain, do you think it is conceivable that we roll with AJ and our guys this year, plus a draft pick (a Shenault/Jefferson/Golden-Gandy/Pittman/etc.), then go for JaMarr Chase next year?

It becomes a Burrow/Lawrence thing like this year (no guarantee you'll suck enough/be good enough to land in the spot to draft him), but I can't help but think Burrow may have a little pull in terms of who he wants to throw to (especially if they aren't able to get Jefferson).

The class this year is incredibly full of talent, so doing what is suggested above may be a stupid idea, but is it conceivable?

Burrow + Shenault would be pretty awesome.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote