Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is Zac Ready To Coach In Primetime
(05-09-2022, 11:39 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Its a fair question considering that outside of the SB his record is one to be lets say has some challenges. Now this team and organization has puts itself in the national eye. Is Zac truly ready for that pressure from what you know now. This will show early in my honest opinion. He won't be able to hide in October.

What ya think?

I get thumbs down every thread
but hey you just keep going.
https://youtu.be/TY0LUIIwo8k

How about that run of prime time games in the playoffs?  Three straight wins, including two on the road?  Do those not count?

I think the coaching staff has shown that they are more about adapting to their opponent rather than just sticking to "this is what we do", and they have been very adept at attacking a team's weaknesses and also knowing how to defend them.  Even the lauded "in game adjustments", like holding KC to three points in the second half...twice.

The coaching staff is still largely intact so I don't see that changing.  And for ZT, a lot of it will just be letting Joe cook.  He doesn't have to protect him at all this year with no injury that he has to be weary of from the prior year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Its a fair question considering that outside of the SB his record is one to be lets say has some challenges. Now this team and organization has puts itself in the national eye. Is Zac truly ready for that pressure from what you know now. This will show early in my honest opinion. He won't be able to hide in October.

What ya think?

Tell me you know nothing about the Bengals without telling me you know nothing about the Bengals.....
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 01:58 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Idk was it coaching or Andy Dalton that failed in primetime in the past. Joe Burrow seems to be relatively good at primetime, but that is what this season will show us as I'm assuming the runner up team will be in several prime time games in our follow up campaign.

Considering that the prime time woes dated back to the Palmer years, I'd say it was something to do with the coaching. The team always looked tight, and other times they just came out flat. If they fell behind, it often snowballed. We won a few prime time games with Dalton...Denver and Baltimore come to mind...but overall, the team didn't perform well under the lights while Marvin was here.

To the OP....the team won every game in the playoffs, and the lone prime time game last year. The year prior, they won in prime time with Ryan Finley at QB and the defense set the tone early. These players don't wilt when they get behind, that's a huge plus for the coaching staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If you don't have faith in Zac coaching in Primetime, have faith in Burrow shining in Primetime to cover for any of Zac's flaws.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It isn’t necessary to worry about *everything*.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:22 AM)Wyche Wrote: Considering that the prime time woes dated back to the Palmer years, I'd say it was something to do with the coaching. The team always looked tight, and other times they just came out flat. If they fell behind, it often snowballed. We won a few prime time games with Dalton...Denver and Baltimore come to mind...but overall, the team didn't perform well under the lights while Marvin was here.

To the OP....the team won every game in the playoffs, and the lone prime time game last year. The year prior, they won in prime time with Ryan Finley at QB and the defense set the tone early. These players don't wilt when they get behind, that's a huge plus for the coaching staff.

To find a team like last year's team, that could go down 14-21 points to a team like the Chief's and then bounce back, you'd pretty much have to go back to the Esiason/Anderson years. Every other team would just quit and go through the motions to get through the game. (The lone exception to this I can think off is Dalton's 17 point comeback in the 4th against the Seahawks.)
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: To find a team like last year's team, that could go down 14-21 points to a team like the Chief's and then bounce back, you'd pretty much have to go back to the Esiason/Anderson years. Every other team would just quit and go through the motions to get through the game. (The lone exception to this I can think off is Dalton's 17 point comeback in the 4th against the Seahawks.)

I was there for that game....but it was a 1 o'clock game...lol. Great game though. My daughters' first NFL game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I would say a better question is, "Was last year a fluke?"

In Taylor's first 32 games, his record was 6-25-1.
But last year took a massive leap forward, going to 10-7 plus 4-1 in the postseason.

Will this team continue to play at about the level of the 2021 team? Or was 2021 more of a Cinderella story and the team could regress more to the 7-9 win range, especially now that they are playing all the other division winners this year?

I'm of the opinion this team can win the division again with double-digit wins, but I'm not signing them up for winning the conference again just yet.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would say a better question is, "Was last year a fluke?"

In Taylor's first 32 games, his record was 6-25-1.
But last year took a massive leap forward, going to 10-7 plus 4-1 in the postseason.

Will this team continue to play at about the level of the 2021 team? Or was 2021 more of a Cinderella story and the team could regress more to the 7-9 win range, especially now that they are playing all the other division winners this year?

I'm of the opinion this team can win the division again with double-digit wins, but I'm not signing them up for winning the conference again just yet.

I'd have to go back and look up the numbers, but take the year out of it and look at the record from the Vonn Bell hit on Schuster. THAT tells the story.
Reply/Quote
When you end the season 6-1 ( not counting the Browns loss) it’s hard to call it a fluke or the team got hot. It’s the NFL. That’s not to say with the third toughest schedule it’s a cake walk in ‘22. But the OL is going to make a huge difference. I don’t think fans realized how much they overcame the poor OL play. It’s going to be like a Sports Illustrated swim suit model having gained a ton of weight in pregnancy. Then losing it and getting back into her suit again.
Reply/Quote
I swear half the people on this board have an extra chromosome.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
He already did the shit

How is this a thread?

The Super Bowl wasn’t even a badly coached game. For the most part he did well against that Rams defense. Only thing i didn’t like was putting Kupp one on one with Apple for the season. And Lou is at fault for that.

Rams we’re just a better team.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 02:06 PM)Housh Wrote: He already did the shit

How is this a thread?

The Super Bowl wasn’t even a badly coached game. For the most part he did well against that Rams defense. Only thing i didn’t like was putting Kupp one on one with Apple for the season. And Lou is at fault for that.

Rams we’re just a better team.

... with the help of some bs calls there at the end..... Wink
Reply/Quote

What ya think?

You. Are. The. Worst. Ever.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
YES.I think he’s obviously improved from year one.He’s not perfect,but who is?
Reply/Quote
Year to late to be asking this question....
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 12:14 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I'm absolutely not on that crowd but highsight is 20/20. I'm telling you now that if Zac struggles with play calling and it costs games by the middle of October you will see this thread reworded. Thats a fact
Now do I thing Zac is ready I'd say so but he has never in his coaching life faced whats coming. Especially with the world watching for an entire season. Zac isnt playing with house money anymore.

He had never faced in his coaching career what came last season. Handled rather well for a coach of his young age and tenure. It is often as if many just live to focus on negative aspects rather than celebrating positive aspects. 
Reply/Quote

What ya think?

Is it fair to hold him accountable for every failure and then turn around and not give him any credit for success ? I'm not penciling ZT in as the next Vince Lombardi, Bill Wlsh or whoever you want to throw out there ?

But I am willing to hitch my little red wagon onto this train now.
Reply/Quote
I was going post up in here making fun of this poster and some of the threads he/she has put up but then I read the responses.

I think you guys have everything covered so I'll see my way out and try to find some thread actually worth my time.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2022, 11:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Tell me you know nothing about the Bengals without telling me you know nothing about the Bengals.....

Wait I thought Marvin Lewis was still the head coach.  Who's this Zac guy people are talking about?  Did Marvin just get fired and replaced or something? If so I hope AJ Green gets along with the new coach.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote