Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Zac killing the culture?
I listened to his conference and he says to lose is the worst feeling, but he's also committed to seeing what we have in Finley despite having a more capable QB option available. Oh well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:09 PM)HuDey Wrote: Taylor is not killing the culture, the culture was garbage before he got here. He hasn't helped with some of the moves he's made and yes, I am now fully on board with dumping him and the entire staff if proven replacements can be had.

Yep

The "culture" was already a 10,00 acre forest fire before, way before he got here. He's thrown another can of gas on it but it was already waaay out of control.

That said if it was announced later today he is fired it wouldn't bother me at all. My feelings about him being given a chance shrink a little bit every game.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 12:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: "Certain" fans called for Finley to start so they really have nothing to say about the culture starting Finley created. I'll just leave it at that.

I was one of those who thought Andy should be benched if they went into the bye without a win. I felt like they needed to see what they had in Finley and Dolegala, and being in the midst of a complete turd of a season was the perfect time to do so. 

How do you find out what you have or don't have in those guys if they don't get an opportunity to play? I mean, this team has absolutely nothing to lose right now - except for more games.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brother.  I like your comments here and agree with almost all of your takes. 

But, man.  I have been a long time lurker and crated an account last week to start contributing. 

You have started 161 new threads since week 1 of the season.  That is over 13 new threads per week. 

You should ask if each thought is worth a new thread, cause you are loosing your point amongst a deluge of other, similar, threads that could just be replied to existing convos.   Dont shoot the messenger  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was one of those who thought Andy should be benched if they went into the bye without a win. I felt like they needed to see what they had in Finley and Dolegala, and being in the midst of a complete turd of a season was the perfect time to do so. 

How do you find out what you have or don't have in those guys if they don't get an opportunity to play? I mean, this team has absolutely nothing to lose right now - except for more games.  Whatever

But what are we learning about Finley?  He looks like garbage playing on a team in a system that a QB who had a winning record as a starter before ZT got here went 0-8 in.  Is Finley garbage?  Dalton was garbage after ZT got here, but pretty ok mostly before...right?  No?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I listened to his conference and he says to lose is the worst feeling, but he's also committed to seeing what we have in Finley despite having a more capable QB option available.  Oh well.

I get it, you can't judge a rookie QB on 3 games. And if Finley had given us even a tiny morsel of hope I'd agree. But he's shown nothing, nada, zilch and the thing that was supposed to be his strength (pocket awareness) he's looked like a trial 7th grade JV first time QB at.

I don't get it ?
Reply/Quote
I think Zac has been railroaded by the front office. If he gets a chance to bring in new players that fit what he wants to do then maybe we have a chance.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
at this point, if you're wanting the Bengals to win a game this season you're actually not a fan of this team. Finley should play out the rest of the year 100% and secure us the #1 pick because it may be the most important thing he will ever do on an NFL field.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I was one of those who thought Andy should be benched if they went into the bye without a win. I felt like they needed to see what they had in Finley and Dolegala, and being in the midst of a complete turd of a season was the perfect time to do so. 

True

But I also hope if not the next game the one after they take a look at Dolegala. Especially if Finley bombs again.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: at this point, if you're wanting the Bengals to win a game this season you're actually not a fan of this team.  Finley should play out the rest of the year 100% and secure us the #1 pick because it may be the most important thing he will ever do on an NFL field.

I agree with this.  Embrace the Suck. 

One win would be nice.  Maybe something that knocks the browns out of the playoffs. 

But I am good with zero as well. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:40 PM)J24 Wrote: I think Zac has been railroaded by the front office. If he gets a chance to bring in new players that fit what he wants to do then maybe we have a chance.

a chance at what?  We had the worst draft, free agency, and season in Bengals history IMO.  They should fire everyone at the front office, hire a GM and let him restaff from the ground up.  You simply cannot draft the way we have and do nothing in free agency while still expecting to win.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: at this point, if you're wanting the Bengals to win a game this season you're actually not a fan of this team.  Finley should play out the rest of the year 100% and secure us the #1 pick because it may be the most important thing he will ever do on an NFL field.

Actually, Finley is a bad QB but still somewhat NFL level...I think if you want Finley out there you aren't a real fan.  A real fan would want them to lose so badly he would insist the Bengals actually put someone even worse than Finley in the game. Or like, we can put a blindfold on Finley and send him out there with oven mitts on his hands. Is there any rule that says we can't do that?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: But what are we learning about Finley?  He looks like garbage playing on a team in a system that a QB who had a winning record as a starter before ZT got here went 0-8 in.  Is Finley garbage?  Dalton was garbage after ZT got here, but pretty ok mostly before...right?  No?

Andy's record in the 3 years prior to Zac getting here was just 18-24-1. He hasn't had a winning record in a season since 2015.

At some point you have to try something different even if it fails, just as the case was with Marvin, at least IMO.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I listened to his conference and he says to lose is the worst feeling, but he's also committed to seeing what we have in Finley despite having a more capable QB option available.  Oh well.

Because he drafted him - that's his boy.

Some of his passes yesterday didn't even make it to the feet of the receiver.  Doesn't have the arm strength to play in the NFL.  Another great Bungle move and wasted draft pick.
Reply/Quote

I've been a fan since '81.  Don't recall ever wanting the Bengals to lose a game.  I just can't turn it on and off like that.  I would never in my right mind root for the Steelers to win yesterday.

Intentionally failing just to get a better draft pick would do so much damage to the team.  It's not just about one man.  There's a whole team that is playing for their livelihood.  They need to build a winning culture.  It starts at the top with the FO.  

The Patriots have consistently had late round number 1 picks (or none at all).  If they don't consistently need a top 3 pick to be successful, why would we?  You could bring in all of the top 10 picks for next year and it won't make a damn bit of difference if management and coaching is not fulling committed and possess the ability to be successful.  

Mike Brown has returned to the style of management he loved so much during the 90's.  Cheap and stupid.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:40 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get it, you can't judge a rookie QB on 3 games. And if Finley had given us even a tiny morsel of hope I'd agree. But he's shown nothing, nada, zilch and the thing that was supposed to be his strength (pocket awareness) he's looked like a trial 7th grade JV first time QB at.

I don't get it ?

Finley sailed atleast 2 throws out of bounds when we had WR's WIDE OPEN deep. One to take I believe last week. And one to Erickson yesterday.

He also missed a couple throws by more than 5 yards short and behind guys. The throws were too bad to be intercepted.

I doubt he looks good in practice either given what we've seen in games.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: True

But I also hope if not the next game the one after they take a look at Dolegala. Especially if Finley bombs again.

Yup.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:34 PM)JBSmooth Wrote: Brother.  I like your comments here and agree with almost all of your takes. 

But, man.  I have been a long time lurker and crated an account last week to start contributing. 

You have started 161 new threads since week 1 of the season.  That is over 13 new threads per week. 

You should ask if each thought is worth a new thread, cause you are loosing your point amongst a deluge of other, similar, threads that could just be replied to existing convos.   Dont shoot the messenger  

I have fallen short of my self-imposed target of 2 new threads a day. Thank you for pointing that out.

I will improve my stats!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 02:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have fallen short of my self-imposed target of 2 new threads a day. Thank you for pointing that out.

I will improve my stats!

So you're open about a mission to spam the board with anything you can muster?

you did not address the point of my post, either.  It's valid 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 01:40 PM)J24 Wrote: I think Zac has been railroaded by the front office. If he gets a chance to bring in new players that fit what he wants to do then maybe we have a chance.

What does he want to do?

Some games we throw to TE's and don't run. Some games we throw 51 times and don't run. Some games we run and don't throw to the TE's or RB's.

I literally have no clue what they try to accomplish.

What players do fit that system?

They brought in Sample as a blocking TE, then barely played him and barely tried to run the ball? They signed Gio to a high value extension per year...and don't use him much.

It's puzzling.
Reply/Quote