Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a new HC the quickest way to turn around a franchise?
We need a quarterback
Reply/Quote
A new head coach is as good a place to start a rebuild as anywhere else
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 06:25 AM)sonofstat Wrote: A new head coach is as good a place to start a rebuild as anywhere else

The problem with the Bengals over the last several years is that we've had a loaded roster with a flawed QB/Coach combo.  It's the reason why we had regular season success but when you want to make a run at the Lombardi the talented roster cannot compensate for the inferior coach/qb. 

I've been wanting a new coach and QB for several years and even though it was an unpopular opinion, it turned out to be the right one.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Or the Rams

Shhhh. Bfine only wanted examples of it not working!
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:05 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Shhhh. Bfine only wanted examples of it not working!

I thought bfine was trying to point out the Bengals should have stuck it out with LeBeau instead of firing him and hiring Marvin as a replacement. Or maybe he meant Marvin just needs time to implement his fifth 3 year plan. Or is it Marvin's third 5 year plan. Anyway, sometimes 15 years is a small sample size. Let's not rush to judgment.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 06:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought bfine was trying to point out the Bengals should have stuck it out with LeBeau instead of firing him and hiring Marvin as a replacement. Or maybe he meant Marvin just needs time to implement his fifth 3 year plan. Or is it Marvin's third 5 year plan. Anyway, sometimes 15 years is a small sample size. Let's not rush to judgment.

He’s almost certainly talking about that and needing a QB to elevate this team. The Rams got a coach and QB that works. Jimmy g wouldn’t win with Bellicheck himself.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When did Marv start winning again?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 12:03 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, when the 49ers hired Bill Walsh from the Bengals it lead to multiple Super Bowl championships.

Or when they hired Jim Harbaugh to take over for mediocre Mike Singletary. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A new HC is a step in the right direction, but the Bengals have a whole lot of things that need fixing. Unless of course the new coach has a magic wand and fairy dust.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 06:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or when they hired Jim Harbaugh to take over for mediocre Mike Singletary. 

The 49ers had a GM problem who wasn't on the same page as the coach. Sound familiar?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ask the 49ers.

lol their new head coach only set them back 5 years before leaving ahahah  oh well I'm talking chip

New Head coach can turn it around if the coach was the issue.

A good coach can turn it around with an influx of talent. 

Sometimes you need a good LT like LA Rams lol

Every team is different but we sure have not had the fire the last few games.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The 49ers had a GM problem who wasn't on the same page as the coach. Sound familiar?

Certainly rings a bell.

(12-18-2017, 07:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol their new head coach only set them back 5 years before leaving ahahah  oh well I'm talking chip

New Head coach can turn it around if the coach was the issue.

A good coach can turn it around with an influx of talent. 

Sometimes you need a good LT like LA Rams lol

Every team is different but we sure have not had the fire the last few games.

I know you're joking around there, but I think the new offensive system and coaching played a FAR bigger role than any personnel change.

Goff looked like a bust in the making under Fisher. Systems are a bigger deal than many people think on here.

Just look at how good Garrappololololo looks under Shanny, while Matt Ryan regressed heavily after he left. System, system, system. Did I mention system?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Good question. I don’t know if that is more important then good players or not. Or better coordinators. Or a gm. I know a terrible owner isn’t part of it, jk I don’t know that. Really I’m not sure. Like I said, good question.
Reply/Quote
Tiger I think I'd like to see what Hue could do with AJ McCarron and a re-vamped O-line. Trade Andy for draft picks.
Throw in a new coaching staff with 21st century techniques and ideas and I predict the Jungle would rock once more...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote