Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Besides Burrow
(02-03-2020, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eifert's injuries were significantly worse than AJ's man. Eifert is a mere shadow of his 2015 self after all his injuries.

Can you just try and be a little bit positive for once?

Positive? What’s that?

Also, I just reported your post for failing to mention how much Mike Brown, our OL, or our coaches suck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eifert's injuries were significantly worse than AJ's man. Eifert is a mere shadow of his 2015 self after all his injuries.

Can you just try and be a little bit positive for once?

Is anything I said untrue?

I'm not saying he doesn't have value or should be cut. I'm just saying that touting Eifert playing a whole season where he was barely used and a shell of his former self is a bit absurd as evidence that AJ Green will shake off the constant injuries and hop right back into being who he was.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You said he PLAYED a whole season. Being active and on the bench isn't playing, if you want to get pedantic.

Nobody should be bragging about how durable Tyler Eifert when he plays like 27% or 35% of the offensive snaps in a game. That's like bragging about how your mom's antique china she only uses for Christmas and Thanksgiving meals is super durable because it's lasted for 150 years or whatever. The only reason it doesn't break is because it's not getting used.

Many people here thought he’d never play another snap for us, let alone stay healthy all season, and have 43 receptions.

Injuries are unpredictable, unless it’s the same thing over and over. AJ could play an entire season for us, or he could get hurt in his first game. His injuries should definitely be a factor in a contract, but they’re not enough to for me to want to move on from such a good player over.

I can just see it now, we’ll do exactly what everyone wants and go heavy on OL and defense in the draft, let AJ go, and then everyone will be bitching when next season when Burrow has no weapons to throw to other than Boyd...

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 06:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bs. We’ve never seen AJ on the field failing to produce. Period.

You’re just assuming his skill has diminished. But you have absolutely no proof. If AJ plays 16 games next season what kind of numbers do you predict he’ll have?

Lets talk about "proof".

What is the best season ever recorded by a WR over the age of 32 after missing an entire season and a half with injury?

If Green can play 16 games he will have about 70 receptions for 800 yards.

What is your prediction?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is anything I said untrue?

I'm not saying he doesn't have value or should be cut. I'm just saying that touting Eifert playing a whole season where he was barely used and a shell of his former self is a bit absurd as evidence that AJ Green will shake off the constant injuries and hop right back into being who he was.

Absurd? Ok guy lol

You don’t have to agree with it, but absurd? I went with one of the most injured players I could think of as an example, ofc it’s not a perfect comparison.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 07:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Positive? What’s that?

Also, I just reported your post for failing to mention how much Mike Brown, our OL, or our coaches suck.

Lol

(02-03-2020, 07:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is anything I said untrue?

No, just misleading and we don't know how AJ will look after a full Offseason to recover.

I am not betting against the man, I know that. I just don't want us to tag him for 18 mil and him sitting on the bench injured.

This is a positive thread for once around here, I know how some posters just love to bring everyone down but it is getting over 
the ***** top. We have a lot of money to spend and the CBA is expiring so MB will have to spend and we get the first pick in 
the Draft and the first pick in every round. It is time to be positive.

We can be negative when we suck again. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lets talk about "proof".

What is the best season ever recorded by a WR over the age of 32 after missing an entire season and a half with injury?

What is your prediction?

If he plays all 16 games he probably has 80-90 receptions and 1k yds imo.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lets talk about "proof".

What is your prediction?

Steve Smith had 1394 yards at age 32 with a rookie QB. 
90 receptions 1,200 yards, 10 TDs for AJ next season if he plays all 16.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he plays all 16 games he probably has 80-90 receptions and 1k yds imo.

(02-03-2020, 08:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Steve Smith had 1394 yards at age 32 with a rookie QB. 
90 receptions 1,200 yards, 10 TDs for AJ next season if he plays all 16.

My prediction as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:09 PM)J24 Wrote: Steve Smith had 1394 yards at age 32 with a rookie QB. 

After missing only 8 total games over the previous 6 seasons.

Try again.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: After missing only 8 total games over the previous 6 seasons.

Try again.

Nah I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Julian Edelman was out the entire 2017 season and missed 4 games in 2018.

He was the Super Bowl MVP last year. At 32.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:09 PM)J24 Wrote: 90 receptions 1,200 yards, 10 TDs for AJ next season if he plays all 16.

(02-03-2020, 08:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My prediction as well.

AJ Green hasn't had 90+ catches in a season since 2013.

Bold prediction to predict that a 32-year-old WR who's missed the last season and a half with lower body injuries is going to have the best season he's had since 5 years ago. All this with a rookie QB in Zac Taylor's offense.

I hope AJ the best, but that sure isn't a prediction I would attach my name to.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ Green hasn't had 90+ catches in a season since 2013.

Bold prediction to predict that a 32-year-old WR who's missed the last season and a half with lower body injuries is going to have the best season he's had since 5 years ago. All this with a rookie QB in Zac Taylor's offense.

He also hasn’t had a particularly good QB since 2015...

He had 86 receptions that year.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also hasn’t had a particularly good OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OR HEALTH since 2015...

He had 86 receptions that year.

Fixed it for you.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fixed it for you.

Both can be true.

But apparently the rest of the league thinks higher of Lazor than most Bengals fans do considering he was just hired by the Bears.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Both can be true.

But apparently the rest of the league thinks higher of Lazor than most Bengals fans do considering he was just hired by the Bears.

The Bears, who traded up with a 1st, two 3rds, and a 4th to move up one spot in order to draft Trubisky while both Mahomes and Watson were still available? 

Yeah. We also played that same "apparently they think higher of them than Bengals fans" game on these boards when the Cowboys hired Paul Alexander, but we saw how short that stint was... and now he's an OL consultant for some German football team. Or Nate Livings who also signed with the Cowboys and lasted 1 year before also being out of the NFL.

The league couldn't have thought TOO highly of Lazor considering he didn't have a job in the NFL in 2019. 

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 08:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ Green hasn't had 90+ catches in a season since 2013.

AJ when healthy is still one of the best WR's in the NFL and he is coming off an entire Offseason getting healthy.

I wouldn't bet against a healthy AJ Green with Joe Burrow throwing him the ball.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 09:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fixed it for you.

BTW, I don't want Zac calling the plays either anymore as I am sure you have seen.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2020, 10:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bears, who traded up with a 1st, two 3rds, and a 4th to move up one spot in order to draft Trubisky while both Mahomes and Watson were still available? 

Yeah. We also played that same "apparently they think higher of them than Bengals fans" game on these boards when the Cowboys hired Paul Alexander, but we saw how short that stint was... and now he's an OL consultant for some German football team. Or Nate Livings who also signed with the Cowboys and lasted 1 year before also being out of the NFL.

The league couldn't have thought TOO highly of Lazor considering he didn't have a job in the NFL in 2019. 

Yeah, the Bears never do anything right...

*Khalil Mack raises hand*

But the fact is Lazor is employed by a well respected NFL team and Hue “our last good OC” is currently waiting on his boy Marvin to get a HC job so he can get hired on somewhere lol

Reply/Quote