Is a trade in the works
Actually here you go this is what it would take to get Burrow,

2020 1st - 2nd - 3rd
2021 1st - 2nd
2022 1st - 2nd

and Christian McCaffery.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have to wonder what the message board narrative would have been if we had been on here before the Akili Smith non-trade situation. Though, I don't recall if he was nearly the prospect Burrow is and so much hindsight and bias now is hard to shake off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: Actually here you go this is what it would take to get Burrow,

2020 1st - 2nd - 3rd
2021 1st - 2nd
2022 1st - 2nd

and Christian McCaffery.

Why would we want McCaffrey? We have Mixon. The only guy I would have taken from them is retired now.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok I’m hearing rumors here in Charlotte of a trade with Carolina? I know they got Joe Brady (which sucks) cause it would have been nice to have him come aboard with Burrow. So it wouldn’t be out of the question if he wanted his guy Burrow in Carolina. I’ll look online for any rumors involving a trade. Just curious if anyone has heard the same.

Taylor can't have someone impeding on his offensive playcalling.  Then what would Taylor do? Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to wonder what the message board narrative would have been if we had been on here before the Akili Smith non-trade situation.  Though, I don't recall if he was nearly the prospect Burrow is and so much hindsight and bias now is hard to shake off.

Burrow is the best prospect QB we have ever had.  This season was so ridiculous that it can't be compared to any other in CFB history.  They beat 7 teams that won post-season bowl games and they smashed those teams.  They played the defending champs with the best defense in college football and was the only team to beat them in 2 years.  They beat Bama at home before Tua was injured for the season.  

To top that off he had the most TD's in CFB while playing against all these top teams and defenses.  He posted 5600 yards, with a 76% Completion percentage 2nd to only Colt McCoy who played against weaker teams and posted HALF the number of yards.  He has shown cool under pressure and determination all season pushing thru hard hits, tough defenses, and big moments without ever being rattled or making mistakes.  Oh did I mention he only threw 6 interceptions to his 60 TD's?

Seriously, man, I respect you a lot on these forums but comparing him to Akili Smith is almost fighting words in my book.  IMO off the performance this year he is probably the greatest QB prospect of all time coming out of college.  Sometimes you need to stop looking for flaws and stand back to just look at the finished product because the guy just completed a masterpiece.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:29 PM)J24 Wrote: Why would we want McCaffrey? We have Mixon. The only guy I would have taken from them is retired now.

He's on a rookie contract and offers you trade value or salary value, its also to make a point because he's probably their most valuable player at this point.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Burrow is the best prospect QB we have ever had.  This season was so ridiculous that it can't be compared to any other in CFB history.  They beat 7 teams that won post-season bowl games and they smashed those teams.  They played the defending champs with the best defense in college football and was the only team to beat them in 2 years.  They beat Bama at home before Tua was injured for the season.  

To top that off he had the most TD's in CFB while playing against all these top teams and defenses.  He posted 5600 yards, with a 76% Completion percentage 2nd to only Colt McCoy who played against weaker teams and posted HALF the number of yards.  He has shown cool under pressure and determination all season pushing thru hard hits, tough defenses, and big moments without ever being rattled or making mistakes.  Oh did I mention he only threw 6 interceptions to his 60 TD's?

Seriously, man, I respect you a lot on these forums but comparing him to Akili Smith is almost fighting words in my book.  IMO off the performance this year he is probably the greatest QB prospect of all time coming out of college.  Sometimes you need to stop looking for flaws and stand back to just look at the finished product because the guy just completed a masterpiece.

Yeah, staggering stats honestly and what is crazy is when you watch him in game he is even more impressive.
Reply/Quote
There is NO WAY Mike trades this pick. None. Notgonnahappen.

1.) Mike loves QB's.
2.) We need a QB
3.) Mike needs to sell tickets
4.) Joe Burrow will sell more tickets than any draft pick and free agent combjned
5.) Mike turned down an entire draft of picks for Akili Smith.

It would take an offer of such ridiculous poroportions for this to be even a possibility. And even then, I still think there's a chance. I'm not even sure 3 straight years 1st and 2nd round picks would get him to pick up the phone.

Those guys in Carolina are just trying to create a talking point to drive up calls/ratings/interest In their platform IMO.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Seriously, man, I respect you a lot on these forums but comparing him to Akili Smith is almost fighting words in my book.  IMO off the performance this year he is probably the greatest QB prospect of all time coming out of college.  Sometimes you need to stop looking for flaws and stand back to just look at the finished product because the guy just completed a masterpiece.

I'm only comparing them in the sense that they are going to go #1 overall to the Bengals and we are discussing how trading down from Burrow now would be as big a mistake as not trading down in 1999 was.

I hope we take Burrow and he's 1000 times the player Akili Smith was...make that 10,000 times.  The point is that I can entertain an idea without believing it. I'm more wondering if anyone would have been saying in 1999 that we NEED a QB more than anything and passing on Akili Smith will be a nightmare if he goes on to win the SB somewhere else, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There is NO WAY Mike trades this pick. None. Notgonnahappen.

1.) Mike loves QB's.
2.) We need a QB
3.) Mike needs to sell tickets
4.) Joe Burrow will sell more tickets than any draft pick and free agent combjned
5.) Mike turned down an entire draft of picks for Akili Smith.

It would take an offer of such ridiculous poroportions for this to be even a possibility. And even then, I still think there's a chance. I'm not even sure 3 straight years 1st and 2nd round picks would get him to pick up the phone.

Those guys in Carolina are just trying to create a talking point to drive up calls/ratings/interest In their platform IMO.

They know they can't get Burrow, so they figure Brady is the next best thing.  It's as simple as that.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals trade their first round pick and get Burrow I’m done with this team
Reply/Quote
Did Kuechly find out he was being traded to the Bengals and thus retired? I'm kidding.

No way the Bengals are trading the pick. No way I want them to either. Joe Burrow will be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: If the Bengals trade their first round pick and get Burrow I’m done with this team
Seems like that would be a good thing
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like that would be a good thing

right that would be a brillant move if they could do that...
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Makes much more sense, no way are we trading away the #1 pick, no way.

Burrow will be a Bengal.

National Championship quarterback MR. JOE BORROW WILL BE OUR NUMBER ONE PICK AND HE WILL BE A BENGAL. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: If the Bengals trade their first round pick and get Burrow I’m done with this team

The old "I’m done with this team" post. Wish I had a nickel for all the times I've heard this...
Reply/Quote

For the 50th time? Yeah, blowing smoke as usual...

(01-15-2020, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like that would be a good thing

LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Clearly we aren't thinking of maximizing the pick or Joe Brady would be a  Bengal and the duo of he and Burrow would have led us to decades of success.

If they aren't going to do their best to take advantage of this opportunity by building a team around Burrow and his strengths then we might as well trade the pick because Burrow can't do it all and we have to now hope this square peg fits in the round hole of Taylors "scheme" (whatever it is as he doesn't even have one).

Bringing Brady on board would have made us instant playoff/championship contenders.

The FO dropped the ball. Probably was somewhere skiing as teams were contacting Brady.

I'm going to pump the brakes on the whole Brady would lead us to decades of success.

He was a WR/Passing game coach who called few plays per game.  I'm not sure why everyone is sold on him.  His real value is that he brought the New Orleans Saints passing game to LSU.  Their current OC called the plays.  

That being said, you know damn well that Rhule and him had this thing planned once Rhule started interviewing.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 05:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm going to pump the brakes on the whole Brady would lead us to decades of success.

He was a WR/Passing game coach who called few plays per game.  I'm not sure why everyone is sold on him.  His real value is that he brought the New Orleans Saints passing game to LSU.  Their current OC called the plays.  

That being said, you know damn well that Rhule and him had this thing planned once Rhule started interviewing.

I'd take the NO system over what we have now. These good offensive coaches like Reid worked with college coaches to learn the spread and adapt their scheme. What will ZT do to learn a scheme that works since his nor the Rams did?

How many years of Burrow will be wasted as he tries to figure one out? There's no VET coach on the Offensive side who can teach him a successful one.

Brady having our receivers play like LSU and teaching them how to separate with the crossing routes and using a RB to throw to as he coordinated the pass game would have helped this offense greatly.

Instead, we still won't know how to use Gio's receiving skills to be Joe's go to safety blanket like the LSU RB , and our Wideouts will get bullied and overpowered trying to run those crossing routes with no separation leading to tipped balls and interceptions.

Everyone in the city would have went after Brady if he was willing to leave LSU to pair the two. The Brown Family, have once again shown they have no interest in winning.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 05:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm going to pump the brakes on the whole Brady would lead us to decades of success.

Yes, would I have wanted Joe Brady here to keep Burrow comfortable? Yeah, but the player is where it is at.

Think some are putting too much stock in what Brady did at LSU and not enough stock in what Burrow did this last season.
Reply/Quote