Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a trade in the works
Without Brady, there's no guarantee we won't get the Burrow of 2018 and that's what bringing him along would have helped avoid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 05:57 PM)jj22 Wrote: Without Brady, there's no guarantee we won't get the Burrow of 2018 and that's why bringing him along would have helped avoid.

There is no guarantee Burrow won't even get better either...

No reason to cry over spilt milk man. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I have to wonder what the message board narrative would have been if we had been on here before the Akili Smith non-trade situation.  Though, I don't recall if he was nearly the prospect Burrow is and so much hindsight and bias now is hard to shake off.

Akili's SR season wasnt even close to as impressive as Burrow's, but thats besides the point. Akili had an arm and was a very good athlete. He may have been able to be a good NFL QB except that he was 120,000% lazy. What ruined his career had everything to do with self-limitation. If he had truly dedicated himself, busted into the playbook, study film and actually took part in bettering the team, he may have had a totally different career. He really cant be compared to anyone because of that imo. He never even tried. Burrow is the opposite type of person altogether and his work ethic alone is on another planet from Akili's. I seriously dont consider Akili a bust per say. He wouldve had to actually try first. He was just a complete waste, plain and simple, to the whole world of football. There is a difference in my mind. Hes not worthy of being in the same sentence as Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:03 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Akili's SR season wasnt even close to as impressive as Burrow's, but thats besides the point. Akili had an arm and was a very good athlete. He may have been able to be a good NFL QB except that he was 120,000% lazy. What ruined his career had everything to do with self-limitation. If he had truly dedicated himself, busted into the playbook, study film and actually took part in bettering the team, he may have had a totally different career. He really cant be compared to anyone because of that imo. He never even tried. Burrow is the opposite type of person altogether and his work ethic alone is on another planet from Akili's. I seriously dont consider Akili a bust per say. He wouldve had to actually try first. He was just a complete waste, plain and simple, to the whole world of football. There is a difference in my mind. Hes not worthy of being in the same sentence as Burrow.

Completely agree.
Reply/Quote
The Panthers don't have enough draft capital IMO. The only team I can see that could possibly convince MB to trade down is Miami if they pretty much give up all 3 of their 1st round picks and another mid round pick or so. I don't think Miami made all those trades to blow their draft capital on 1 pick since they are obviously rebuilding.

Plus MB knows Burrow is the biggest hype this team has seen in ages. Burrow will sell tickets on name alone, something the Bengals have been lacking over the last few years. The Bengals have several positions of need: QB, OL, LB, CB. Of all of those positions Burrow is the best player available in round 1.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 06:40 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The Panthers don't have enough draft capital IMO.  The only team I can see that could possibly convince MB to trade down is Miami if they pretty much give up all  3 of their 1st round picks and another mid round pick or so.  I don't think Miami made all those trades to blow their draft capital on 1 pick since they are obviously rebuilding.

Plus MB knows Burrow is the biggest hype this team has seen in ages.  Burrow will sell tickets on name alone, something the Bengals have been lacking over the last few years.  The Bengals have several positions of need: QB, OL, LB, CB.  Of all of those positions Burrow is the best player available in round 1.

I would add Atlanta, Colts, Raiders, and Jacksonville to the list as teams that I could see being heavily interested in moving up in the draft.
I don't know what the price is for the #1 pick and more importantly I don't know what the rest of the NFL thinks of Burrow and what type of prospect he is.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:44 PM)J24 Wrote: I would add Atlanta, Colts, Raiders, and Jacksonville to the list as teams that I could see being heavily interested in moving up in the draft.
I don't know what the price is for the #1 pick and more importantly I don't know what the rest of the NFL thinks of Burrow and what type of prospect he is.

None of those teams have the draft capital to move up to #1 as far as I can see.  Also Atlanta is fine with Matt Ryan.   Burrow has placed himself as the hottest pick in the draft among teams that need a QB.  Of those the Bengals are at the top with Miami in 2nd.  As I said, the Bengals have many positions of need: QB, OL, LB and CB.   They can fill that QB need in the first round and check that off their list.  

Again, MB needs a big name to fill seats. The Bengals need a QB and there just happens to be the best record setting QB available in years. It would take a king's ransom to trade down. On a side note. It's interesting to see sports news are not even talking much recently about the supposed other best player available in the draft, Chase Young. It seems all eyes are on Burrow and for good reason.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Panthers fans are probably dreaming that they could trade us Cam Newton and their 1st and move up to #1.

He is damaged goods imo. Dalton probably has more trade value since he is healthy and I believe he has a much lower cap number.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like that would be a good thing

Typo lol. Still though I’m sick of Dalton
Reply/Quote
I blame local sports talk radio.

Every year there's stories like this, and half the time it goes back to some local market sports talk radio guy who 'knows somebody in the organization and they're close to working out a mind-blowing deal.' they never are, but it gets the guy some callers.

The Bengals aren't trading a chance to get a guy like burrow for, what the third or fourth best qb prospect and another guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok I’m hearing rumors here in Charlotte of a trade with Carolina? I know they got Joe Brady (which sucks) cause it would have been nice to have him come aboard with Burrow. So it wouldn’t be out of the question if he wanted his guy Burrow in Carolina. I’ll look online for any rumors involving a trade. Just curious if anyone has heard the same.

they don't have enough to offer. They saw what Brady did with Burrow and want that for their next new QB, who they'll probably take in this draft. It just won't be Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 07:44 PM)J24 Wrote: I would add Atlanta, Colts, Raiders, and Jacksonville to the list as teams that I could see being heavily interested in moving up in the draft.

The rest of the NFL is wowed by Burrow the same anyone should be that watched him play this year.

No way we trade out of the pick. Burrow will be a Bengal, bet on it.

(01-15-2020, 08:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: None of those teams have the draft capital to move up to #1 as far as I can see.  Also Atlanta is fine with Matt Ryan.   Burrow has placed himself as the hottest pick in the draft among teams that need a QB.  Of those the Bengals are at the top with Miami in 2nd.  As I said, the Bengals have many positions of need: QB, OL, LB and CB.   They can fill that QB need in the first round and check that off their list.  

Again, MB needs a big name to fill seats.  The Bengals need a QB and there just happens to be the best record setting QB available in years.  It would take a king's ransom to trade down.  On a side note. It's interesting to see sports news are not even talking much recently about the supposed other best player available in the draft, Chase Young.  It seems all eyes are on Burrow and for good reason.

Spot on George. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 04:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm only comparing them in the sense that they are going to go #1 overall to the Bengals and we are discussing how trading down from Burrow now would be as big a mistake as not trading down in 1999 was.

I hope we take Burrow and he's 1000 times the player Akili Smith was...make that 10,000 times.  The point is that I can entertain an idea without believing it. I'm more wondering if anyone would have been saying in 1999 that we NEED a QB more than anything and passing on Akili Smith will be a nightmare if he goes on to win the SB somewhere else, etc.
Just a minor point, Akili Smith Picked #3OA.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:05 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Call me crazy, but I'd be tickled if the Bengals could come up with the LBer from Clemson....James Skalski.

He has to learn the art of tackling, but he's a thumper...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just out of curiousity; I know what OA is referring to, but what does it mean?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 08:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: None of those teams have the draft capital to move up to #1 as far as I can see.  Also Atlanta is fine with Matt Ryan.   Burrow has placed himself as the hottest pick in the draft among teams that need a QB.  Of those the Bengals are at the top with Miami in 2nd.  As I said, the Bengals have many positions of need: QB, OL, LB and CB.   They can fill that QB need in the first round and check that off their list.  

Again, MB needs a big name to fill seats.  The Bengals need a QB and there just happens to be the best record setting QB available in years.  It would take a king's ransom to trade down.  On a side note. It's interesting to see sports news are not even talking much recently about the supposed other best player available in the draft, Chase Young.  It seems all eyes are on Burrow and for good reason.

1.)  It's going to take a Hershel Walker deal(hell probably more) for a deal to be made. While the dolphins have the picks necessary to give to the Bengals without dumping into other future draft it doesn't mean other teams can't offer great packages of their own to entice the front office.
2.) Atlanta is an interesting team to me because while they have a a QB in Matt Ryan he is also going to be 35 and very Expensive. So they could draft a QB or at the same time figure that they only have a few seasons left with them and use the #1 pick to help their Pass Rush.
3.) Not saying a big name won't help but more importantly the Fans will come back with a   consistent winning team. This a strong argument that Burrow could bring both to the table.
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 10:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The rest of the NFL is wowed by Burrow the same anyone should be that watched him play this year.

No way we trade out of the pick. Burrow will be a Bengal, bet on it.

Spot on George. Rock On
Are they "wowed" or surprised? Hell maybe a bit confused by all of this. I don't think there has ever been a Prospect rise like this before. A 5th RD pick to coming into the year to the Next Drew Brees is remarkable but it's also a huge ? as well. He is probably the most interesting prospect in the last 20 years. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 12:09 AM)J24 Wrote: Are they "wowed" or surprised? Hell maybe a bit confused by all of this. I don't think there has ever been a Prospect rise like this before. A 5th RD pick to coming into the year to the Next Drew Brees is remarkable but it's also a huge ? as well. He is probably the most interesting prospect in the last 20 years. 

Just watch the guy play this year J24. Most impressive year all time by any QB in college.

He still has tons of fire in him based on what you just said here as well.

Cannot miss pick for us or anyone that needs a QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:36 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Miami is the only team with the draft fire power to do a deal with me, trader for the Bengals.  

I would have only agreed with this statement if Miami ended up with the 2nd overall pick.

I'm simply not willing to get neither Joe Burrow or Chase Young (plus a bunch of picks) in this draft. As soon as Miami ended up 5th overall, they lost that draft fire power in my eyes.

Tua and a bunch of picks just doesn't have the same shine as Chase Young and a bunch of picks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 03:19 PM)Yogo Wrote: Actually, Carolina would have the capitol to trade up. Just flip Cam for a first rounder and then some.
Ain't getting a first for cam.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 11:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Just out of curiousity; I know what OA is referring to, but what does it mean?

WhoDey2
                   Scoured my post and can't find what you mean by OA... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote