Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a trade in the works
Ok I’m hearing rumors here in Charlotte of a trade with Carolina? I know they got Joe Brady (which sucks) cause it would have been nice to have him come aboard with Burrow. So it wouldn’t be out of the question if he wanted his guy Burrow in Carolina. I’ll look online for any rumors involving a trade. Just curious if anyone has heard the same.
Reply/Quote
Ooh, they do probably need to replace Cam Newton....that would be a big move.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would be a huge move, but would probably require a blockbuster trade, and I cant see a trade that really involves players, especially with Kuechly announcing his retirement.

Not sure if a rookie head coach wants to handicap himself by trading away massive draft capital. Not sure if the Bengals would make a trade and miss out on either of the 2 best players in the draft for anything less than a king's ransom.
Reply/Quote
I don't think they have enough assets. They have one pick per round (7, 38, 69, 113, 153, 184, and 222) and no desirable players other than McCaffery (no chance) and Trai Turner. I'd need their entire draft, this year and next, and even then I'd probably pass.
Reply/Quote
Yes, a trade is in the works, but it's not going to be for Burrow. They'll trade in front of Miami for Tua.

The cost to go up and get Burrow at #1 from Mike Brown will be astronomical. Hell, they could offer their entire draft and next year's first and he won't take it.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:33 PM)shanebo Wrote: I don't think they have enough assets.  They have one pick per round (7, 38, 69, 113, 153, 184, and 222) and no desirable players other than McCaffery (no chance) and Trai Turner.  I'd need their entire draft, this year and next, and even then I'd probably pass.

Miami is the only team with the draft fire power to do a deal with me, trader for the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Ok I’m hearing rumors here in Charlotte of a trade with Carolina? I know they got Joe Brady (which sucks) cause it would have been nice to have him come aboard with Burrow. So it wouldn’t be out of the question if he wanted his guy Burrow in Carolina. I’ll look online for any rumors involving a trade. Just curious if anyone has heard the same.

No that rumor is only cause of the potential Joe Brady Signing of the panthers...

You all dont have anything we want to get the #1 pick fro us.
Reply/Quote
Believe me there will be tons of "rumors" about Carolina getting Burrow since they signed Brady. It is only natural. But it doesn't mean there is any substance to any of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yes, a trade is in the works, but it's not going to be for Burrow.  They'll trade in front of Miami for Tua.

The cost to go up and get Burrow at #1 from Mike Brown will be astronomical.  Hell, they could offer their entire draft and next year's first and he won't take it.

Mike Brown is odd...he's a GM who refused a king's ransom for Akili Smith and then refused to trade a worthless backup QB in McCarron for a 2nd round pick.  

I don't see him doing anything but taking JB at #1 since it's a fan-pleasing move, it's a logical and good move, and it's the easiest move to make.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:36 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Miami is the only team with the draft fire power to do a deal with me, trader for the Bengals.  

This.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown is odd...he's a GM who refused a king's ransom for Akili Smith and then refused to trade a worthless backup QB in McCarron for a 2nd round pick.  

I don't see him doing anything but taking JB at #1 since it's a fan-pleasing move, it's a logical and good move, and it's the easiest move to make.

Actually, he did trade McCarron, Cleveland screwed it up by not getting the paperwork in on time. Mike Brown knows the value of Burrow, and would want a kings ransom for the trade, as he should. We are not trading Burrow away, take it to the bank.
Reply/Quote
The value to drop to 7th would take all of Carolina's draft choices and probably another one next year. If it was before Miami or SD it would be worth considering. IMO there are 3 QBs in this draft that can be good/great NFL QBs (Burrow, Tua, Herbert) and all 3 would be gone by then.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Actually, he did trade McCarron, Cleveland screwed it up by not getting the paperwork in on time. Mike Brown knows the value of Burrow, and would want a kings ransom for the trade, as he should. We are not trading Burrow away, take it to the bank.

We've been over this before...Mike Brown turned down Cleveland's prior offer for McCarron.  When you have a customer who is willing to hand you payment and you say "no deal" and then negotiate for more you are on the hook if the deal falls through for whatever reason.  

If I'm working at a car lot and a guy says he will give me $10,000 cash for a 1976 Pino and I say "No, I want $20,000 for it" and he gets stuck my lightning before he can write the check I'm still on the hook for losing the sale.  It's called looking a gift horse in the mouth and a GM with almost 30 years of experience should be held accountable for it.

Just my take, you can blame the Browns (the team, not the family) if you like.

(01-15-2020, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Believe me there will be tons of "rumors" about Carolina getting Burrow since they signed Brady.  It is only natural.  But it doesn't mean there is any substance to any of them.

True, just like that rumor that we'd have the initiative to get Brady.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Just my take, you can blame the Browns (the team, not the family) if you like.

I do. MB negotiated a better deal, had Cleveland not been dysfunctional and drop the ball everyone would have been talking about how MB drove the price up and got a better deal.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I do. MB negotiated a better deal, had Cleveland not been dysfunctional and drop the ball everyone would have been talking about how MB drove the price up and got a better deal.

SO let us look at what both sides did.

Bengals - turned down a 2nd round pick for McCarron
Browns - failed to trade a 2nd and 3rd for McCarron

You're really going to look at that situation and heap criticism on the Browns?  Oh, and yes, if Mike Brown pulled off the deal people would have been singing his praises just like if I had written Hotel California I'd be rich.
Reply/Quote
Clearly we aren't thinking of maximizing the pick or Joe Brady would be a Bengal and the duo of he and Burrow would have led us to decades of success.

If they aren't going to do their best to take advantage of this opportunity by building a team around Burrow and his strengths then we might as well trade the pick because Burrow can't do it all and we have to now hope this square peg fits in the round hole of Taylors "scheme" (whatever it is as he doesn't even have one).

Bringing Brady on board would have made us instant playoff/championship contenders.

The FO dropped the ball. Probably was somewhere skiing as teams were contacting Brady.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
ok the rumor just stems from them getting joe Brady and all the talking heads want Cincinnati to fail, but zero chance this trade happens. You don't understand that this guy isn't a random quarterback that comes out every year right? With all the buzz around this guy, he would demand the largest trade in NFL history and even then I just don't see the Bengals giving up a guy people are calling the next Joe Montana.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:35 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yes, a trade is in the works, but it's not going to be for Burrow.  They'll trade in front of Miami for Tua.

The cost to go up and get Burrow at #1 from Mike Brown will be astronomical.  Hell, they could offer their entire draft and next year's first and he won't take it.

Makes much more sense, no way are we trading away the #1 pick, no way.

Burrow will be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2020, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown is odd...he's a GM who refused a king's ransom for Akili Smith and then refused to trade a worthless backup QB in McCarron for a 2nd round pick.  

Agree, there's virtually zero chance MB trades out of the 1st round pick and Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Actually, Carolina would have the capitol to trade up. Just flip Cam for a first rounder and then some.
Reply/Quote