Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone going Super Bowl Solo?
Just out of sheer curiosity, I was wondering if anyone is going to the Super Bowl by themselves. My oldest son can't go due to work and school and my wife started a new job and can't go. I don't think I can stay home and sit this one out. Very seriously considering pulling the trigger and just go by myself. I just wanted someone to either pull me back in from the ledge or push me off. I guess I am looking for some Bengal therapy.....LOL
Reply/Quote
My friend who lives in LA is going by himself. A little different since he doesn't have to travel to get there but I think going by yourself sounds awesome. You can meet some friends a long the way.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 04:32 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Just out of sheer curiosity, I was wondering if anyone is going to the Super Bowl by themselves.    My oldest son can't go due to work and school and my wife started a new job and can't go.  I don't think I can stay home and sit this one out.  Very seriously considering pulling the trigger and just go by myself.  I just wanted someone to either pull me back in from the ledge or push me off.  I guess I am looking for some Bengal therapy.....LOL

Go for it. Obviously I've never been to a Super Bowl, but I've been to plenty of concerts/events by myself and it's always a good time. The freedom and flexibility you're afforded by going solo is pretty awesome.  Surely there will be other Bengals fans seated around you to celebrate with. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The VERY cheapest tickets I see are about 4500 and nosebleeds. I can do some serious fun things, buy some serious toys, watch the game from home with friends and have a great time. I guess if your finances allow it, go for it, but personally I can find better things to do than spend probably 7 grand when it's all said and done to sit in nosebleed seats and probably not even have a good view of the game. Most of the people at the Super Bowl won't be Bengals or Rams fans anyway, as they probably bought the tickets months if not a year ago. Just rich pricks in LA looking for something to do.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The VERY cheapest tickets I see are about 4500 and nosebleeds. I can do some serious fun things, buy some serious toys, watch the game from home with friends and have a great time. I guess if your finances allow it, go for it, but personally I can find better things to do than spend probably 7 grand when it's all said and done to sit in nosebleed seats and probably not even have a good view of the game. Most of the people at the Super Bowl won't be Bengals or Rams fans anyway, as they probably bought the tickets months if not a year ago. Just rich pricks in LA looking for something to do.

The Super Bowl reminds me of opening day for the Reds in some ways. So many people go because it is an event or the thing to do and they just want to say they were there but have little interest in the actual game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If I could get that kind of scratch together to blow on a weekend, I'd definitely roll solo. You get to take it all in at your leisure and not have to worry about what anyone else wants to do. It'd be awesome for me. Shit, I watched the first two playoff games solo so no one could distract me. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 04:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My friend who lives in LA is going by himself. A little different since he doesn't have to travel to get there but I think going by yourself sounds awesome. You can meet some friends a long the way.

But that requires talking to people...who does that?
Sick
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 04:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The VERY cheapest tickets I see are about 4500 and nosebleeds. I can do some serious fun things, buy some serious toys, watch the game from home with friends and have a great time. I guess if your finances allow it, go for it, but personally I can find better things to do than spend probably 7 grand when it's all said and done to sit in nosebleed seats and probably not even have a good view of the game. Most of the people at the Super Bowl won't be Bengals or Rams fans anyway, as they probably bought the tickets months if not a year ago. Just rich pricks in LA looking for something to do.

Not to mention added cost of flight, hotel, transportation.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

OR you could look at it as going to a once in a lifetime event you've waited 30 years for. Is that worth 7 grand to you? For me, it is worth that and more. 

But "worth" is all relative. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: If I could get that kind of scratch together to blow on a weekend, I'd definitely roll solo. You get to take it all in at your leisure and not have to worry about what anyone else wants to do. It'd be awesome for me. Shit, I watched the first two playoff games solo so no one could distract me. LOL

Even if a few friends went with me, I think I'd rather be here just because the area will be crazy and all our friends will be going NUTS!

People have no clue how long the area has waited for this and how many heartbreaks we've endured!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not to mention added cost of flight, hotel, transportation.

Yeah, that's why I estimated probably 7 grand.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not to mention added cost of flight, hotel, transportation.

& when at the game you must buy an obligatory $45 t-shirt, overpriced beer, hotdogs, and other goodies.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: OR you could look at it as going to a once in a lifetime event you've waited 30 years for. Is that worth 7 grand to you? For me, it is worth that and more. 

Which is why I said "if your finances allow it, go for it" I could afford to go, but would rather have the money to spend on other things. It's all relatiive, I'm not telling anyone not to go.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 05:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: OR you could look at it as going to a once in a lifetime event you've waited 30 years for. Is that worth 7 grand to you? For me, it is worth that and more. 

Agreed. 

If you can do it, do it. You'll always be able to say you did. You've waited a generation for this moment. Embrace it!
Reply/Quote

Wouldn't it be cool to watch the Super Bowl while on a cruise or in a different country? I think it would be.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 06:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, that's why I estimated probably 7 grand.

I gotta be honest...I read the first sentence then replied lol.
I totally didn't see you mentioned $7k in the rest of the post.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wouldn't it be cool to watch the Super Bowl while on a cruise or in a different country? I think it would be.

I'd be afraid the satellite would fail and you wouldn't get to see it.  Went on a cruise during march madness one year and of course being a diehard UK fan I was told we could watch it live......nope...not even close.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 08:07 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I'd be afraid the satellite would fail and you wouldn't get to see it.  Went on a cruise during march madness one year and of course being a diehard UK fan I was told we could watch it live......nope...not even close.

I've never been on a cruise, so I wasn't sure of the challenges/logistics lol.

What I have done that I think is really cool is I watched some NFL while over in Ireland. Plenty of pubs over in Europe that will cater to American tourists.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2022, 06:00 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & when at the game you must buy an obligatory $45 t-shirt, overpriced beer, hotdogs, and other goodies.

When in Rome  Cool
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote