Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone picking the Bengals?
All year, I've heard and read how the Bengals are the most complete team...the most talented team and all year, the experts picked the Bengals to win whatever game was coming up.

Now, while the experts still give the Bengals their due, no one is picking them to win this game.

I'm sure there may be a couple here and there who are picking the Bengals to win but this Bengals team is better than the Steelers even with the injuries. I know it's going to be a close game though even though I want to see a complete beat down, lol.

Why are these guys picking the Steelers?
Is it because of history and they can't trust the Bengals yet?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Their the steelers and no one wants to face them. Or so I've heard Rolleyes
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 10:41 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: All year, I've heard and read how the Bengals are the most complete team...the most talented team and all year, the experts picked the Bengals to win whatever game was coming up.

Now, while the experts still give the Bengals their due, no one is picking them to win this game.

I'm sure there may be a couple here and there who are picking the Bengals to win but this Bengals team is better than the Steelers even with the injuries. I know it's going to be a close game though even though I want to see a complete beat down, lol.

Phil Sims and Boomer picked them on Inide the NFL. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You know what its ok that people aren't picking us. It will be just that much sweeter when you pull off the victory!
Reply/Quote
^^^ Or prove the naysayers that claim to be accrued we are merely a paper tiger and still owned by the Squeelers.

Only way to change nationwide sentient is with action.

To be the bully you have to beat the bully.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:18 AM)Whacked Wrote: ^^^ Or prove the naysayers that claim to be accrued we are merely a paper tiger and still owned by the Squeelers.

Only way to change nationwide sentient is with action.

To be the bully you have to beat the bully.

I thought they were calling us the bully now?  At least it seems so with all the crying they do when we take out their guys.

If Pitt is considered the bully then we've already shown we can beat them.  And, at their place!
Reply/Quote
Vegas is favoring the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
There's a site that does a sort of metacritic consolidation of all expert picks... nflpick...something.com

Anyway, my friend said 55% of experts were picking the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 10:41 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: All year, I've heard and read how the Bengals are the most complete team...the most talented team and all year, the experts picked the Bengals to win whatever game was coming up.

This is not like computer football, where the better player tends to win all the time.. This is the NFL and a game between division rivals, with winning records, fighting for the division, playoffs.  I wish it was that simple to just say one team is better than another team but this is the NFL and "Any Given Sunday" .  

Bengals should be favored which they are, but they come in a bit more hurt than the Steelers so still advantage Cincy
Reply/Quote
Heck, I'm considering picking the Steelers. They seem to find a way to win against the Bengals and since Cincy won last time it will be a tough game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
It's really easy to understand why; history. Historically, the Bengals have choked in big game situations. Historically, the Steelers have found ways to win when they needed it most.

The Bengals will change that perception. Beating the Steelers tomorrow and winning a playoff game would go a long way towards that. Tomorrow is a big game. The Bengals can clinch the division and put Pittsburgh one step closer to missing the playoffs. The stakes are high. One of these teams has had success in this area while the other has not. With as good of a team as they are this year, I still think the Bengals have a good chance of changing things up and coming out with the win.
Reply/Quote
http://nflpickwatch.com/
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a good record which is great but they haven't done what it takes to earn that respect. The Steelers have done it. If the Bengals want respect they're going to have to earn it. A good record in the regular season gets you a pat on the head and a snicker as you walk to the locker room after a playoff lose. Around here we celebrate good regular season records like it is this huge accomplishment. It's an accomplishment yes but if you want respect it's meaningless. The Bengals need to kick the Steelers ass and get on to the part of the season that will get them the respect that they desire to acheive.

If you want to be respected you have to earn it and they haven't done it.

If you want it bad enough you have to go out and get it.

You have to take it.

No one is going to come over to you and hand the frickin thing to you.

Frickin man up and go take it.

Who Dey!!!

P. S. They have everything in place to do this.                    The question is will they???????????
Reply/Quote
I could've sworn the Bengals beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh just a few weeks ago.

Seems like for every Bengals victory comes a reason why the other team should've won.

Crazy, huh !?!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 11:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Vegas is favoring the Bengals...

Yeah, but last I checked it was only by 1.5 or 2, and the home team automatically gets 3, so...........

Also, they set lines in an attempt to get equal betting on both sides, and the Steelers have been lighting it up lately.

We just need to keep their offense off of the field by running Hill, which will also control the clock and the game, and AJ will eat their corners alive.
Reply/Quote
I expect Cincinnati to win tomorrow over Pittsburgh.  This isn't like flipping a coin and knowing the odds are 50/50 and since we won last time, odds are they win this time.  

Let me put this is different perspective for you...
Cincinnati is not only your 2015 AFC North Division Champions, but your #1 seed in the AFC - with a record of 10-2.  Pittsburgh is not only 2nd in the AFC North to Cincinnati, but also a team that won't even make the playoffs (again), with a record this year of 7-5.  This game is in Cincinnati, where this 10-2 team that has now made it to the playoffs 5 years in a row wins almost all of their games.  And Cincinnati has already beat them once this year in their house.  

This Pittsburgh team is coming to our house, to play potentially the 2015-16 Super Bowl Champion team, and get beat down to 7-6 while Cincinnati improves to 11-2.  What will really break the NFL is if the Texans extend New England's losing skid to 3 tomorrow - a real possibility.  It's setting up nicely for tomorrow to be a fantastic day to be A Bengals Fan!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 01:43 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I expect Cincinnati to win tomorrow over Pittsburgh.  This isn't like flipping a coin and knowing the odds are 50/50 and since we won last time, odds are they win this time.  

Let me put this is different perspective for you...
Cincinnati is not only your 2015 AFC North Division Champions, but your #1 seed in the AFC - with a record of 10-2.  Pittsburgh is not only 2nd in the AFC North to Cincinnati, but also a team that won't even make the playoffs (again), with a record this year of 7-5.  This game is in Cincinnati, where this 10-2 team that has now made it to the playoffs 5 years in a row wins almost all of their games.  And Cincinnati has already beat them once this year in their house.  

This Pittsburgh team is coming to our house, to play potentially the 2015-16 Super Bowl Champion team, and get beat down to 7-6 while Cincinnati improves to 11-3.  What will really break the NFL is if the Texans extend New England's losing skid to 3 tomorrow - a real possibility.  It's setting up nicely for tomorrow to be a fantastic day to be A Bengals Fan!

We improve to 11-2 after tomorrow's game.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Forgot to post the score: 34-24, us.

Was just a feeling I had while typing/talking about the game last night when we were all down the ET.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 01:54 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: We improve to 11-2 after tomorrow's game.

Not only that, but the AFC North Championship hats and champaign will be flowing in the locker room after the game - you're not going to want to miss seeing it!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:03 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Not only that, but the AFC North Championship hats and champaign will be flowing in the locker room after the game - you're not going to want to miss seeing it!

I can see someone like AJ and/or Andy declining all that and making sure that no one does it beforehand because Andy would say something like "this is an accomplishment, but we want more and we still have a lot of work to do."
Reply/Quote