Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anyone picking the Bengals?
People have some strange notion that Pittsburgh SHOULD be in the playoffs. *Oh their offense is so legendary and awesome* BLEH.

We get in the way of that pretty scenario, so people want us or expect us to lose, because Pittsburgh in the playoffs HAS TO HAPPEN.

But, like the grey wizard, we say YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I can see someone like AJ and/or Andy declining all that and making sure that no one does it beforehand because Andy would say something like "this is an accomplishment, but we want more and we still have a lot of work to do."

But celebrating a season goal quickly isn't a crime Smirk

Few hours of fun and back to work!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: People have some strange notion that Pittsburgh SHOULD be in the playoffs. *Oh their offense is so legendary and awesome* BLEH.

We get in the way of that pretty scenario, so people want us or expect us to lose, because Pittsburgh in the playoffs HAS TO HAPPEN.

But, like the grey wizard, we say YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

To be fair, the steelers did lose a few very important pieces to their team to injury.  Had Bell and big ben not been injured, this team is likely 9-3 right now.  The fact that they are where they are despite a number of prominent players being injured, speaks volumes.  

And yes Im aware that their pass defense is poor, but they are great against the run and their offense is by far the most potent in the league.  
Reply/Quote
I think it's high time the Bengals show that they are the most potent team offensively.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 04:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I think it's high time the Bengals show that they are the most potent team offensively.

Ya! We sit our starters when ahead by 30, the Steelers throw it deep. The offenses are pretty even, but Pitt has the better outings because they run up the score. Bengals have some dignity and respect for their opponents.
Reply/Quote
As already pointed out, the site is http://www.pickwatch.com. I would point out that the site includes some truly abysmal pickers.

Of the top 10 picking the game, 7 pick the Bengals

Of the top 20, it's 13 (or 65% for the mathematically challenged)

Of the top 25, it's 17 (or 68%)

And it sits at 55% overall.

Now for the bad news...99% also picked the Bengals to beat the Texans. Just prove it on the field Bengals. I'll be watching at a sports bar since that's the only place I can watch the game in Montana. There will be lots of Stoolers fans. They are truly loud and obnoxious. But I repeat myself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eh, Bengals win tomorrow and they're going to send the Steelers out of the playoffs. My bold prediction. That's bigger than the #1 seed or anything else, Bengals have a better chance at beating anyone else on the AFC side in the playoffs. This is a playoff game tomorrow.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote