Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is anything worth complaining about?
(12-02-2018, 08:07 PM)Tomkat Wrote: "other teams have injuries"
Sorry, but not the same quantity, severity, or number of KEY players.  This team isn't GREAT, so they had absolutely NO margin of error.  We saw how they were when healthy.
Not great, but not terrible.  The injuries basically pushed them off a cliff.

We were maybe 8-8  IF totally healthy...and some of the wins when healthy were fluke wins where the defense scored a TD off of a fluke bounce.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:11 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, you can't change owners, so you gotta start somewhere.

We are definitely on the precipice of a rebuild.

May as well go all in. We've been doing miniature rebuilds each year for the last 3 years. At this point we're just drawing out the inevitable and only making it worse by allowing our best players to age out before we have another competitive team.

If we had started the rebuild after the 2016 season, we could have been on the cusp of competing with Green still only 30..

Now we have to start the rebuild and he'll likely be 34 by the time we can truly compete again. If he's even still on the team...

Well, had we retained some of our young free agents, we wouldn't be so bad now.
Reply/Quote
next years draft class is going to be one of the strongest pass rushing classes of all time. So i tune in just to watch them lose and laugh

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah ... me too.  I was born and raised a Cincinnati fan and no matter how much I've wished I wasn't I still am and I haven't lived in the area since 2002..except for one summer in Dayton..  Somehow I always get the feeling that if I ever decide to just give up on both teams for good they'd somehow both become powerhouses.. then beat my new adopted team(s) every time..  Maybe that's the ticket!

Lol... Hang in there, at least you’re not alone!
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Pitt game we were robbed by the refs. The other two, yes.

The Steelers outgained us 481 yards to 275 yards. They outplayed us plain and simple.

They had 9 penalties for 69 yards. We had 6 for 30.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:54 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: It's tough and as long as Mike Brown is the owner/GM, it will continue to be tough. Honestly, I just can't give up on the team. They make me want to. They drive me nuts. However, I'll be right there to root them on every season. I'll be right here on the boards either talking well or venting about them. Such is the life of a fan. One day, things will be better. That's when I'll be cheering them on while wearing my "I survived Mike Brown" shirt.

I think what’s especially tough now is that the fans finally thought this team was out of the perennial losing seasons. Now that’s it’s back likely for a third year in a row, fans have lost all hope again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm tired of worrying about the Bengals. I'm ready to look forward to baseball season, although the Reds will probably disappoint me again, but I am a Kentucky fan and learned today our football team is going to the Citrus Bowl vs Penn State. And then there is always the basketball team which should go far this year in the NCAA. So screw the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers outgained us 481 yards to 275 yards. They outplayed us plain and simple.

Denard had an interception, called a TD. 7 points less.

Pick play was a penalty; another 7 less.

Refs doesn't mean penalties.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Anyone who tries to dismiss injuries is just being foolish.
This team was just barely scraping out wins even when healthy, to a respectable 4-1.  They were finding ways to win games that they used to lose.  But, they we're also walking the razors edge.  Therefore, the key  injuries have been absolutely critical... the bad luck is mind-boggling.

5-3 with AJ Green

0-4 without AJ Green

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers outgained us 481 yards to 275 yards. They outplayed us plain and simple.

Oh please. The Bengals were winning with 45 seconds to go. That is all that matters. Then a BS holding and a pick play sealed it. 

Penalties are more or less costly according to when they happen so dont give me that bullshit.
Reply/Quote