Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it TRANSPHOBIC if lesbians refuse to date a trans woman?
(07-05-2023, 04:22 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hi Michaelsean,

I am totally confused.

You would not date someone if they had the full surgery as yourself? 

If you were a Lesbian? 

If you are talking as a Lesbian you wouldn't date them if they had a Surgery V? But would date them if they still had a P.?

I am not sure Lesbians like P's.  Mellow

I would not date someone who had the full surgery to change from man to woman, so I can hardly blame a lesbian who didn't want to date someone with a penis.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 12:53 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Just a question folks and moderator, this is not a statement nor an opinion.

Reference
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/transgender-woman-with-a-beard-is-now-a-lesbian-is-it-transphobic-if-lesbians-refuse-to-date-a-trans-woman/ar-AA1dqv0C?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=50839c41d89c46bd9a51fc4a868e6503&ei=49

Obviously, the answer is dependent on the reason. In simplistic terms:

If a lesbian refuses to date transwomen because she possesses a fear, disdain or prejudice towards transwomen - or transgender people in general - solely or primarily because they're trans, then yes, that could rightly fall under the classification of transphobia. 

If the reason, for example, is based on an attraction and desire for those who are biologically and/or phenotypically female - and lack thereof for those who aren't - then that would rightfully fall under personal preference; if absent any fear, disdain or prejudice.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 04:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 1. I would not date someone who had the full surgery to change from man to woman, so I can hardly blame 2. a lesbian who didn't want to date someone with a penis.

So I understand #2. A lesbian who didn't want to date someone with a penis.

But I am sorry, I don't fully understand #1. " I would not date someone who had the full surgery to change from man to woman" ? I assume that a homosexual guy would not date someone who had he full surgery from man to woman.   
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 04:34 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So I understand #2. A lesbian who didn't want to date someone with a penis.

But I am sorry, I don't fully understand #1. " I would not date someone who had the full surgery to change from man to woman" ? I assume that a homosexual guy would not date someone who had he full surgery from man to woman.   

Thanks for outing me.   Tongue  I'm not gay.

I'm saying as a heterosexual man I would not only not date a trans person with a penis, I would not date a transsexual. (I think that's the post-op term) So I fully understand the lesbians' point of view.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 04:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thanks for outing me.   Tongue  I'm not gay.

I'm saying as a heterosexual man I would not only not date a trans person with a penis, I would not date a transsexual. (I think that's the post-op term) So I fully understand the lesbians' point of view.

Now I understand. 

Thanks for clearing that up. 

As for as outing you. Don't worry about your secret. I won't tell, your secret will never get out there.  Wink  
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 04:34 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: So I understand #2. A lesbian who didn't want to date someone with a penis.

It's completely dependent on the individual(s) and which traits they find most important and/or are most attracted to.

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 04:57 PM)Lucidus Wrote: It's completely dependent on the individual(s) and which traits they find most important and/or are most attracted to.

I agree with you. However many folks from the BBC article don't agree with you. Not taking a side, but I feel sorry for the Lesbian ladies that just want a sweet V and not a D. 

According to the BBC article many folks feel genital preferences is Transphobic for example Veronica Ivy....

IMAGETrans athlete Veronica Ivy, previously known as Rachel McKinnon, believes "genital preferences" are transphobic
Reply/Quote