Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it even possible to grow in height later in life ?
I always measured in at 6' even up until the past few years..My dad shrank, but I'm apparently getting taller.  First it was at a doctors office a few years ago and I thought it was just a mistake, but I just measured myself with my shoes off using two pieces of wood glued at 90°, one section flat against the wall and the other at the top of my head..I wanted to get as accurate as possible..Well I'm 6'1" even.  Is it possible that they made mistakes for over 40 years measuring me or could I have actually gotten taller in my old age? I want to die at 7 feet, 9 inches.. What the hell, huh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 02:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: I always measured in at 6' even up until the past few years..My dad shrank, but I'm apparently getting taller.  First it was at a doctors office a few years ago and I thought it was just a mistake, but I just measured myself with my shoes off using two pieces of wood glued at 90°, one section flat against the wall and the other at the top of my head..I wanted to get as accurate as possible..Well I'm 6'1" even.  Is it possible that they made mistakes for over 40 years measuring me or could I have actually gotten taller in my old age? I want to die at 7 feet, 9 inches.. What the hell, huh? 

posture?

you been hanging upside down lately?
Reply/Quote
Peyton Mannings forehead continued to grow until he was 40.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Peyton Mannings forehead continued to grow until he was 40.

My forehead keeps growing too. Some people think I'm just losing hair, but it's just premature forehead growth.. 

It ain't posture although I have been told I have great posture for my age by a doc for whatever that's worth..
I don't hang upside down. I think the reason for good posture is I've never really worked behind a desk for any extended period. I did for a little bit in my early twenties and my back started to ache, but that was a short period in my life. I've stayed pretty active even when I shouldn't..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
When I wake up in the morning, I usually see that I have grown in my sleep Cool Pervert
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Peyton Mannings forehead continued to grow until he was 40.

[Image: manning_head.jpg]
Reply/Quote