Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed?
OK. I am not one to normally knock a team's fast start or schedule.

For instance the Panthers are constantly being questioned even though they are 4-0. They don't face a quality opponent until next week when they go to Seattle.

They started with:

Jacksonville
Houston
Saints
Bucs

All of the national media has mentioned this, and they have knocked the Panthers for having a cupcake schedule.

However, they seem to ignore another unbeaten team that has a very similar schedule.

The Patriots.

They started with:
Pittsburgh - at home
Bills - young team
Jacksonville - hmmmmm... if they were weak for the Panthers, then that should mean....
Dallas - without Romo, Bryant and quite a few other starters as well. Hardy had a good game, but it was also his first game back.

To finish the season, the Patriots will continue playing a cupcake schedule against the NFC East and the AFC South as well as being in the already weaker division of the AFC East.

So there is a good possibility that the Patriots will go undefeated and will get a lot of accolades but if someone were to be fair, they have a very similar schedule as the Panthers, except the Panthers will have a couple of tougher opponents to play as the season progresses.

Seattle
GB
Atlanta - twice

Wanted to share this bit. Since the media will never point out the schedule as far as the Patriots are concerned. Don't get me wrong, the Patriots didn't make their schedule (or did they) and can only play the opponents that are before them, but with the exception to the Giants (who seem to have the Patriots number) and the Broncos, they have a fairly easy schedule.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I think the AFC East is the best division in the AFC. I'm also assuming Miami will rally and be at least a viable contender.

I mean, what about AFC South or AFC North screams difficult after the top, maybe top 2 teams?

Chiefs...suck
Chargers...not good
Raiders....500 at best
Ravens...suck
Browns...not good

Give me the Jets and Bills as 2 of the top 7-8 teams in the AFC...
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:45 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Honestly, I think the AFC East is the best division in the AFC.  I'm also assuming Miami will rally and be at least a viable contender.

I mean, what about AFC South or AFC North screams difficult after the top, maybe top 2 teams?

Chiefs...suck
Chargers...not good
Raiders....500 at best
Ravens...suck
Browns...not good

Give me the Jets and Bills as 2 of the top 7-8 teams in the AFC...

I have to disagree with you.

The Chiefs aren't great, but they are still a challenge defensively.  Chargers are a good team.  Raiders are young, but I will agree that they aren't good, right now.  Ravens and Browns are always better teams than their record reflect.

The AFC East has only really had the Patriots as contenders.  The other 3 are usually in the pretenders list.

I get what you are saying though.  If you break it down NFC and AFC and place the top AFC teams top to bottom, then the Bill ans Jets would be very close to 7-8 in the AFC only (basically middle of the pack).

btw, I am sure you meant to say AFC West and not AFC South, since you didn't mention a single AFC South team.
Reply/Quote
AFC East is probably the best division in the AFC right now with Ben injured(could you imagine if the Bills and Jets had viable NFL quarterbacks?), but they certainly do benefit from playing the AFC South which is an absolute dumpster fire.

It's easier to look at after the year to see who really had the easy schedules though. After all, the Bengals haven't beaten a team better than .400. A lot of football left to be played to see how good or bad some of these teams are.
Reply/Quote
Divisions are fairly even (except the AFCS)

Jets, bills, Chargers, raiders are all 7-9 to 9-7 type teams.  

Steelers are a 10-6 depending on when Ben gets back .

Then the Pats, Bengals, Denver are the top edge.  

The the colts who are behind the steelers and probably on the next tier of teams.   But live on because of the poor division.
Reply/Quote
The Patriots won't go undefeated. They'll lose to the Giants and or a team like KC that beat them last year. The second 8 games always play out as a different season
Reply/Quote