Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is it time to use the 25th amendment?
The irony of [quote]this mix-up coming right after Biden defended his memory struck many social media users

is crazy. Biden thinks the Mexico President is the Leader of Egypt. This week he has spoken to at least 2 dead leaders in his short speeches. His staff prepared remarks attacking Trump who had documents secured and locked in Mara Laga with secret service members who live there year round. Joe had his in a garage, he  said no classified documents, DOJ special counsel reported he did have classified documents.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-confuses-presidents-mexico-egypt-defending-fine-memory-hard-watch

Biden confuses presidents of Mexico and Egypt after defending 'fine' memory: 'Hard to watch'
President Biden addressed the nation over concerns about his mental fitness
President Biden drew immediate online reaction after once again confusing the names of foreign political leaders, this time while trying to emphasize his mental fitness.

The president gave a brief address to the nation from the White House Thursday night where he took a barrage of questions from reporters regarding concerns over his age and memory stemming from Special Counsel Robert Hur's report on Biden's handling of classified documents. Shortly after insisting that his memory was "fine," Biden proceeded to refer to Egyptian President Abdel Fatah El-Sisi as the "president of Mexico."

"As you know, initially, the president of Mexico Sisi [sic] did not want to open up the gate to allow humanitarian material to get in [to Gaza]. I talked to him. I convinced him to open the gate," the president said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-rep-tenney-calls-invoke-25th-amendment-remove-biden-office-after-alarming-hur-report

GOP Rep. Tenney calls to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Biden from office after 'alarming' Hur report
Hur described Biden as an 'elderly man with a poor memory' who didn't remember when he was vice president
Republican Rep. Claudia Tenney is calling for the Cabinet to "explore" the use of the Constitution’s 25th Amendment to remove President Biden from office, following Special Counsel Robert Hur’s "alarming" report.

Hur did not recommend criminal charges against the president for mishandling classified documents. Those records included classified documents about military and foreign policy in Afghanistan, among other records related to national security and foreign policy which Hur said implicated "sensitive intelligence sources and methods.
Hur, though, described Biden as a "sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory." Hur, throughout the more than 300-page report, said "it would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict him" of a serious felony "that requires a mental state of willfulness," and said he would be "well into his eighties."

Fox News Digital obtained a letter Tenney, R-N.Y., sent to Attorney General Garland Thursday night, sharing her "grave concerns" following the report.

"After concluding that President Biden knowingly and willfully removed, mishandled, and disclosed classified documents repeatedly over a period of decades, Mr. Hur nevertheless recommended that charges not be brought against him," Tenney wrote. "Special Counsel's reasoning was alarming."

Tenney added: "He recited numerous instances in which President Biden exhibited dramatically compromised mental faculties and concluded that a jury would be likely to perceive President Biden as a sympathetic and forgetful old man."

Tenney said she "need not tell you that selective prosecution is morally, ethically, and legally prohibited."

BIDEN ‘DID NOT REMEMBER WHEN HE WAS VICE PRESIDENT,’ WHEN HIS SON BEAU DIED, DURING SPECIAL COUNSEL INTERVIEWS

"We don't prosecute or decline to prosecute people based on their personalities, or on the public's anticipated perception of them," Tenney wrote. "If Special Counsel finds that the evidence forms a reasonable basis to bring charges, he must do so."

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
As much as I'd rather see Mark Kelly and/or Josh Shapiro get the 2024 nod, I have a feeling Gavin Newsom is warming up in the bullpen, so to speak.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bckcqz1rsdofv3q4a06r...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 01:40 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493bckcqz1rsdofv3q4a06r...w.gif&ct=g]

No way, democrats are terrified of another Trump term, so they're going to make her diplomatically go down with Biden as a package deal.  No way the democrats don't go with Newsom, the guy has the CA stank on him but he's tall, has a full head of hair, and he's old and experienced enough and he's 23 years younger than Biden and 20 years younger than Trump.

It's possible democrats run Harris and lose, but I think they are wayyy too scared of Trump winning to roll with her.  Harris is an unpopular known entity with Biden stink on her, and Newsom is pretty much a cookie cutter politician template.  I ain't saying I want him to win, but I think they'll go with him.

Personally, I wish we were on Gary Johnson and Bill Weld's second term right now.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 01:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No way, democrats are terrified of another Trump term, so they're going to make her diplomatically go down with Biden as a package deal.  No way the democrats don't go with Newsom, the guy has the CA stank on him but he's tall, has a full head of hair, and he's old and experienced enough and he's 23 years younger than Biden and 20 years younger than Trump.

It's possible democrats run Harris and lose, but I think they are wayyy too scared of Trump winning to roll with her.  Harris is an unpopular known entity with Biden stink on her, and Newsom is pretty much a cookie cutter politician template.  I ain't saying I want him to win, but I think they'll go with him.

Personally, I wish we were on Gary Johnson and Bill Weld's second term right now.

Democrats have a real dilemma, Harris has an approval rating in the 20's. The problem is how do they sell Newsome jumping her when she is the VP and next in line.

I agree Newsome is a better candidate than Biden or Harris, but do the swing states know him? How can he run on his record in California, it is dismal. Poor economy and SF where he was the mayor years ago is a chit show.

I have said for month no way Biden is not replaced, this special counsel sealed his fate, he said Biden was not competent enough to stand trial even though he willfully kept classified documents.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Democrats have a real dilemma, Harris has an approval rating in the 20's. The problem is how do they sell Newsome jumping her when she is the VP and next in line.

Easy...in 2016 the DNC decided that a smug and unpopular woman was going to be their nominee because it was "her turn" and she lost to Trump.  The only thing they have to sell to people is that Newsom isn't Trump and he isn't 75+ years old.  In 2020 democrats had to plug their noses and turn to an old white dude to save them, and if they want to avoid the Trump revenge tour they're going to have to settle for another smarmy white dude...but if it gives them a chance to beat Trump that's all that matters to them.

I don't see why Newsom would be a hard sell to them.  He isn't Trump, and he isn't old...what else do you think liberals want?  I wouldn't put it past the DNC to make the wrong call, but you seem convinced there is no way they can convince people they need to NOT nominate someone who has an approval rating in the 20s.  

(02-09-2024, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree Newsome is a better candidate than Biden or Harris, but do the swing states know him? How can he run on his record in California, it is dismal. Poor economy and SF where he was the mayor years ago is a chit show.

He has CA stink, but so does Harris.  Newsom is also a mostly unknown which helps him in this culture of negativity and bombardment with reasons to hate "the other side" so I've said I can see the DNC let Trump and the right talk about how age and health are the main reasons to be afraid of another Biden term and then pivot to a guy who is 20 years younger than Trump.

Newsom's accomplishments aren't as important as him being not on death's doorstep and not Trump.  That really seems to be politics these days.  If the DNC can promote Newsom as a young-ish guy who will protect democracy all he needs to do is be in the same room as Trump and show that he's taller than him and he has a way better chance of winning than Biden or Harris.  Harris is a guaranteed loss, and everyone knows it.

Also, unlike Biden if Newsom wins in 2024 he can run again in 2028 and they won't have to worry about Harris getting "her turn" and losing to Trump then.  As I've said, I would prefer democrats turn to Mark Kelly or Josh Shapiro sooner rather than later, but they seem to be straddling a line between ancient Joe and trying to wait on the 2022 winners getting experienced.  If that's the case, they're smarter looking at Newsom as the interim guy, not Harris.  Biden needs to pull a Harry Truman and tap out if he doesn't find a way to make this latest stuff go away.

(02-09-2024, 02:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have said for month no way Biden is not replaced, this special counsel sealed his fate, he said Biden was not competent enough to stand trial even though he willfully kept classified documents.

On the plus side, when people say Biden is unfit for office we aren't likely to see a bunch of people decide that makes him even stronger and a martyr and insist that he's the only solution in 2024.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Easy...in 2016 the DNC decided that a smug and unpopular woman was going to be their nominee because it was "her turn" and she lost to Trump.  The only thing they have to sell to people is that Newsom isn't Trump and he isn't 75+ years old.  In 2020 democrats had to plug their noses and turn to an old white dude to save them, and if they want to avoid the Trump revenge tour they're going to have to settle for another smarmy white dude...but if it gives them a chance to beat Trump that's all that matters to them.

I don't see why Newsom would be a hard sell to them.  He isn't Trump, and he isn't old...what else do you think liberals want?  I wouldn't put it past the DNC to make the wrong call, but you seem convinced there is no way they can convince people they need to NOT nominate someone who has an approval rating in the 20s.  

He has CA stink, but so does Harris.  Newsom is also a mostly unknown which helps him in this culture of negativity and bombardment with reasons to hate "the other side" so I've said I can see the DNC let Trump and the right talk about how age and health are the main reasons to be afraid of another Biden term and then pivot to a guy who is 20 years younger than Trump.

Newsom's accomplishments aren't as important as him being not on death's doorstep and not Trump.  That really seems to be politics these days.  If the DNC can promote Newsom as a young-ish guy who will protect democracy all he needs to do is be in the same room as Trump and show that he's taller than him and he has a way better chance of winning than Biden or Harris.  Harris is a guaranteed loss, and everyone knows it.

Also, unlike Biden if Newsom wins in 2024 he can run again in 2028 and they won't have to worry about Harris getting "her turn" and losing to Trump then.  As I've said, I would prefer democrats turn to Mark Kelly or Josh Shapiro sooner rather than later, but they seem to be straddling a line between ancient Joe and trying to wait on the 2022 winners getting experienced.  If that's the case, they're smarter looking at Newsom as the interim guy, not Harris.  Biden needs to pull a Harry Truman and tap out if he doesn't find a way to make this latest stuff go away.

On the plus side, when people say Biden is unfit for office we aren't likely to see a bunch of people decide that makes him even stronger and a martyr and insist that he's the only solution in 2024.

Biden has not been persecuted for 7 years and indicted and sued over and over again. So, no martyr, just an elderly man likely with some type of dementia. My mother hd it and hard to watch her mental decline. There were days she did. not know me. She will smile and thank me for coming but within minutes I knew she ahd no idea who I was. 

I agree Newsome is the better candidate, but Harris has expressed her desire to be next in line in 2028 or now if Biden falters. Democrats are already losing some. of the black base, skipping Kamala may seal a Democrat winning in 2024's fate.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 05:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree Newsome is the better candidate, but Harris has expressed her desire to be next in line in 2028 or now if Biden falters. Democrats are already losing some. of the black base, skipping Kamala may seal a Democrat winning in 2024's fate.

If they need to pander to the black base they can make it a Newsom/Warnock ticket, or something.  I simply can't entertain a reality where NOT crowning Harris the one to go head to head with Trump is what leads democrats to lose.  Plus, if people want Harris to be the president they'll just run Biden/Harris as planned and expect people to say "Well, Biden might not make it 4 years but we like the idea of Harris taking over, so it's ok."
Reply/Quote
It appears those watching Biden's press conference agree with Hur.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/foreign-outlets-pull-no-punches-biden-confusion-rage-surprise-press-conference
Foreign outlets pull no punches over Biden ‘confusion’ and ‘rage’ after surprise press conference
Australian outlet dubs Biden 'confusion-in-chief

President Biden is coming under fire on the world stage after defending his mental clarity in a surprise press conference while confusing the leaders of Mexico and Egypt, international headlines show.

"Joe Biden’s confusion-in-chief: rage of ‘elderly man with poor memory’ who leads free world," reads a headline from The Australian.

Biden held a press conference Thursday evening where he fielded questions from the media regarding his mental clarity, memory, and age following Special Counsel Robert Hur's report on Biden's handling of classified documents. Amid Biden defending his mental state, he confused Egyptian President Abdel Fatah El-Sisi as the "president of Mexico," sparking concern stateside as well as abroad.

"Biden hits back at memory loss claims in fiery speech before making another glaring gaffe," The Mirror, a UK outlet, stated.

CONSERVATIVES RIP BIDEN AFTER CLASSIFIED DOCS PROBE DOESN’T CHARGE HIM, CITING 'POOR MEMORY': '25TH AMENDMENT'

Hur had carried out a months-long investigation into Biden's possession of classified documents, ultimately deciding against criminally charging the president.

"We conclude that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter," the report, released Thursday, states. "We would reach the same conclusion even if the Department of Justice policy did not foreclose criminal charges against a sitting president."

The special counsel also described Biden as "a sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory," with the president later that day holding a press conference to address concerns surrounding his mental clarity.

This image from Special Council Robert Hur’s investigation released by the Department of Justice on Thursday, February 8, 2024 shows boxes next to Joe Biden’s desk in his Delaware home office in 2019.
This image from Special Counsel Robert Hur’s investigation released by the Department of Justice on Thursday, February 8, 2024, shows boxes next to Joe Biden’s desk in his Delaware home office in 2019. (U.S. Department of Justice)

Stateside, conservative lawmkakers and critics lambasted the president for the press conference gaffes, and they expressed concern over him leading the nation.

Rep. Wesley Hunt, R-Texas, asked, "Let me get this straight. Biden is too cognitively impaired to be charged with a crime, but he’s not too cognitively impaired to be the Commander-in-Chief?"

Popular conservative account "End Wokeness" remarked, "The Biden DOJ is not charging Joe Biden, because he is too mentally unwell to be accountable for his crimes. Yes, that is their defense. This is the man with the nuclear codes."

Internationally, outlets hammered Biden for the press conference and the findings in Hur's report.

'BIDEN SEEMS LIKE THE DANGER,' SAYS LIBERAL PROTESTER OUTSIDE PRESIDENT'S ELITE NYC FUNDRAISER

"Biden’s attempt to defend his memory backfires with new gaffe after classified documents report," Canadian outlet the National Post reported.

Hur's report found that Biden had a "hazy" memory about when he was previously in office and when his son Beau died, and appeared to become visibly angry during the press conference when asked about his son.

"In his interview with our office, Mr. Biden's memory was worse," the report states. "He did not remember when he was vice president, forgetting on the first day of the interview when his term ended ('if it was 2013 — when did I stop being Vice President?'), and forgetting on the second day of the interview when his term began ('in 2009, am I still Vice President?')."

Reply/Quote
In 2022, Jill Biden knew her husband was no longer capable of handling the duties of the US according to her own book. She chastised staff for allowing Joe to take too many questions at a press conference. This is abuse and only plausible reason is Jill Biden is an evil woman obsessed with power.

According to Rogers' account, her reaction cowered even her husband into silence.

It makes me wonder, is jill Biden running the country?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jill-biden-lashed-out-husband-aides-allowing-2022-press-conference-long-report

Jill Biden lashed out at husband, aides for allowing 2022 press conference to go on too long: report
New book says first lady cowered President Biden, aides into silence after demanding, 'Why didn't anyone stop that?

First lady Jill Biden was reportedly so upset by a lengthy 2022 press conference by President Biden that she berated him and his aides afterward, demanding to know why no one put an end to it.

"Where were you guys?" she asked the aides, according to a new book. "Where was the person who was going to end the press conference?"

In the forthcoming book about modern first ladies titled "American Woman," author Katie Rogers wrote that Jill Biden confronted President Biden himself and his aides after the Jan. 19, 2022, news conference, which marked his first year in office. During the nearly two-hour conference, Biden held forth on numerous topics but at times bungled facts and lashed out at one reporter who quoted Biden's comments comparing political opponents to segregationists.

"She had watched the news conference, and the look on her face told everyone in the room — from the president on down — that they had some explaining to do," Rogers wrote in the excerpt reported by Axios. "'Why didn't anyone stop that?' she demanded."

"Everyone stayed silent, looking at one another, and then at her, and back to one another. That included the most powerful man in the world. Her husband essentially played along, not offering an answer, even though aides had slipped him a card suggesting he end the press conference," Rogers wrote.

Rogers added in her own report for The New York Times that officials "later apologized to her, according to an account of the episode shared by a person in the room."

The book portrays Jill Biden as her husband's "fiercest protector," suggesting she wants to help shield him from difficult situations. It added that she knows "how much the job is draining him" as he brings briefing books back to the residence every evening.

The reports on the book comes on the heels of the most difficult public moment yet for a White House that's been on the defensive about the president's advanced age. Biden gave a rare nationally televised primetime speech and press conference Thursday night in response to alleged significant memory lapses during his interview for a special counsel report about his handling of classified documents.

President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden
President Biden and first lady Jill Biden participate in a blessing ceremony with the Lahaina elders at Moku'ula as they visit areas devastated by the Maui wildfires in Lahaina, Hawaii, on Aug. 21, 2023. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

Special counsel Robert Hur described Biden in the report as a "sympathetic, well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory." Hur, throughout the more than 300-page report, said "it would be difficult to convince a jury that they should convict him" of a serious felony "that requires a mental state of willfulness," and said Biden would be "well into his eighties."

CRITICS RAIL AGAINST BIDEN FOR MISSING SUPER BOWL INTERVIEW TWO YEARS IN A ROW: 'WHY THE HELL NOT?'

The report didn't recommend charges for mishandling classified documents, and Biden's supporters have contrasted his situation and cooperation in the case with the criminal charges former President Trump faces in his own classified documents case.

A defiant Biden said Thursday his memory was "fine," snapped that a question about his son Beau's death was none of anyone's "damn business," and said he was the most qualified person for the presidency.

At one point, Biden took a shot at Fox News reporter Peter Doocy for quoting from the report and asking if he could continue to serve.

Biden press conference
President Biden delivers remarks at the White House in Washington, D.C., on Thursday. (REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque)

"How bad is your memory? And can you continue as president?" Doocy asked.

"My memory is so bad I let you speak," Biden replied.

Biden has been historically reticent to do one-on-one interviews during his presidency, and he also made headlines by declining the traditional Super Bowl Sunday network interview for the second straight year.

Reply/Quote