Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it weird
That I refresh the page hoping a Marvin fired thread will pop up.

Been doing this everyday since the browns lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:35 PM)motoarch Wrote: That I refresh the page hoping a Marvin fired thread will pop up.

Well, there are always threads about Marvin being fired...but unfortunately they involve wishing, hoping, dreaming or praying.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 08:35 PM)motoarch Wrote: That I refresh the page hoping a Marvin fired thread will pop up.

Hell will freeze over one day I'm sure. Problem is it won't be until after Mikey is no longer in charge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Not weird at all, this would give everyone an ounce of hope.
Reply/Quote
Not weird at all, if you were a fan of one of the other 31 teams.

But as a Bengal fan, yeah it's a bit weird, like, what do expect?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 02:17 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Not weird at all, if you were a fan of one of the other 31 teams.

But as a Bengal fan, yeah it's a bit weird, like, what do expect?

LMAO Pretty much.

We're effed until Son of Paul is out of the picture.....and maybe even after that. Cry

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Even IF they did fire him tomorrow...the roster is in shambles now. The time to do it was after 2015.
Reply/Quote

Nope. I check PFT every day hoping in vain that I will see that headline. Alas, I know Mike would never fire Marv...let alone midseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

after 16 years I'm pretty sure they will let him finish the season
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: after 16 years I'm pretty sure they will let him finish the season

Mike McCarthy gave 13 years, 10 playoff wins, 6 division titles and a championship to Green Bay. They have a street named after him. They fired him mid-season.

Just saying it looks pathetic that Marv gets more respect than a champion. Heck, word is that staying or going will be "Marv's choice". Quite a stark contrast with the much more accomplished McCarthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike McCarthy gave 13 years, 10 playoff wins, 6 division titles and a championship to Green Bay. They have a street named after him. They fired him mid-season.

Just saying it looks pathetic that Marv gets more respect than a champion. Heck, word is that staying or going will be "Marv's choice". Quite a stark contrast with the much more accomplished McCarthy.

Pathetic, disgusting, unbelievable ? I'm not sure how you can wrap words around it ?

I mean here's a guy who's 0-7 in playoff wildcard games and whose teams have looked way over matched and unprepared in like 23 of those 28 quarters.

He's totally owned by his division rival with only 2 wins in 18 tries at home. His teams spit the bit 9 times out of 10 under the lights. Has a very mediocre overall record in 16 seasons.

And he gets to choose if he stays or goes ! 

There are no words to describe it.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike McCarthy gave 13 years, 10 playoff wins, 6 division titles and a championship to Green Bay. They have a street named after him. They fired him mid-season.

Just imagine if your boss gave that decision to you whether you performed or not! I bet 3/4 of the posters here, would set in their office and post all day.. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just imagine if your boss gave that decision to you whether you performed or not! I bet 3/4 of the posters here, would set in their office and post all day.. Ninja

[Image: giphy.webp]
Reply/Quote

that may be all true up in green bay...  Mike brown  isn't that type of guy... At this point firing marvin really doesn't do much for us anyways.. His contract expires at end of season.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pathetic, disgusting, unbelievable ? I'm not sure how you can wrap words around it ?

I mean here's a guy who's 0-7 in playoff wildcard games and whose teams have looked way over matched and unprepared in like 23 of those 28 quarters.

He's totally owned by his division rival with only 2 wins in 18 tries at home. His teams spit the bit 9 times out of 10 under the lights. Has a very mediocre overall record in 16 seasons.

while owned by pitt he has had pretty good records vs CLE and BAL
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that may be all true up in green bay...  Mike brown  isn't that type of guy... At this point firing marvin really doesn't do much for us anyways.. His contract expires at end of season.

True that. We'll see soon enough. 3 straight losing years would do it anywhere else. Heck, a normal franchise would've fired Marv 9 times by now.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 03:47 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Pathetic, disgusting, unbelievable ? I'm not sure how you can wrap words around it ?

I’m a trademark pathgustable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that may be all true up in green bay...  Mike brown  isn't that type of guy... At this point firing marvin really doesn't do much for us anyways.. His contract expires at end of season.

He signed a two year contract last year.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 05:52 PM)motoarch Wrote: He signed a two year contract last year.

Thats what i heard before but i heard lately that there is an option where we could let him go after this season
if it was bad. Hope this is the case, but it is what i heard. I am going to go find that thread i heard it in.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 04:38 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: while owned by pitt he has had pretty good records vs CLE and BAL

Ill give you the Ravens, but I'm pretty sure the entire NFL has a good record vs the Browns in the past 16 years. 
Reply/Quote