Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is re-signing Tyler Boyd back on the table?
I am on board if it is a reasonable deal, below 9M/year. Doubly so with Tee looking to walk.

He is a leader, team friendly, and is a trusted, know commodity, and would blunt a rookie learning curve.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:05 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am on board if it is a reasonable deal, below 9M/year. Doubly so with Tee looking to walk.

He is a leader, team friendly, and is a trusted, know commodity, and would blunt a rookie learning curve.

If we could re-sign Boyd for 6-7 million per year maybe.  I wouldnt sign him for much more than that when we already drafted Jones and Iosivas plus have other options in the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:22 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If we could re-sign Boyd for 6-7 million per year maybe.  I wouldnt sign him for much more than that when we already drafted Jones and Iosivas plus have other options in the draft. 

I agree, but see the other side.

Re-sign him at the right price, and imagine the options the Bengals would have...
Reply/Quote
As a big Boyd fan. I think he is done in Cincinnati. Unless there is no interest and we sign him to a 1yr deal late. He was my favorite player for awhile. But how we've used him these last couple years it's just not worth it and we need someone faster for that role.
Reply/Quote
No, mostly 'cause trading Tee is off the table. The Bengals talk about becoming more explosive, which can't happen if they keep Mixon, Tee, and Boyd as starters.
Reply/Quote
Kelsey Conway was talking about them wanting to sing a veteran slot receiver.. She also mentioned that it would most likely not be Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:53 PM)samhain Wrote: Kelsey Conway was talking about them wanting to sing a veteran slot receiver..  She also mentioned that it would most likely not be Boyd.

I would rather have an outside Receiver and use Chase more in the Slot myself. But there are lots of options and as we know
Conway says a lot of stuff that doesn't come true.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:05 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I am on board if it is a reasonable deal, below 9M/year. Doubly so with Tee looking to walk.

We drafted Jones and Yoshi for a reason and this draft class is loaded at WR so no thanks.
Reply/Quote
Just feels like Tyler time is over to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:06 PM)pulses Wrote: We drafted Jones and Yoshi for a reason and this draft class is loaded at WR so no thanks.

Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Johnny Wilson, Malachi Corley, Legette, your boy Ricky Pearsall....
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:53 PM)samhain Wrote: Kelsey Conway was talking about them wanting to sing a veteran slot receiver..  She also mentioned that it would most likely not be Boyd.

Likely the cold reality. 
\
That said, I would take Buyd in the slot, at a friendly cap price, going into the draft than go in relying on one year players that are unproven, or banking on draft picks.

Currently Burrow's security blanket is...

Boyd is a known the Burrow trusts.

Plus fun to sow the seeds during free agency...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:18 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Likely the cold reality. 
\
That said, I would take Buyd in the slot, at a friendly cap price, going into the draft than go in relying on one year players that are unproven, or banking on draft picks.

Currently Burrow's security blanket is...

Boyd is a known the Burrow trusts.

Plus fun to sow the seeds during free agency...

If Boyd is still unsigned in a week, we might still see him back. That what allowing players to test the market is all about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brian Thomas Jr, Adonai Mitchell, Johnny Wilson, Malachi Corley, Legette, your boy Ricky Pearsall....

Malik Washington, Javon Baker, Tyrone Tracy, Brendan Rice,McCaffrey....and another sleeper of mine is Jamari Thrash.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would rather have an outside Receiver and use Chase more in the Slot myself. But there are lots of options and as we know

She said at 3:20 that the bengals would be looking at safety and she predicted Geno stone. Idk… maybe it was lucky but she called that signing right before it happened.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Boyd is still unsigned in a week, we might still see him back. That what allowing players to test the market is all about.

I agree.

If there is a better option on the table for Burrow, recall the Bengals drafted Chase for the familiarity,  it makes more sense than a new draft pick, or the draft pick from last years wo could barely make the field/ 

And when they did, underwhelmed.
Reply/Quote

Boyd is a very good slot WR but he doesn't have enough speed to open up the middle of the field enough....he never did that's why he had very few explosive plays over his career. Time to be more dynamic on offense.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would rather have an outside Receiver and use Chase more in the Slot myself. But there are lots of options and as we know

This is more what I was thinking. Yoshi and Tee outside with Chase in the slot. Sprinkle in some Jones in the slot and keep an eye on WR if they are best player available in the 3rd rd or after. Unless something transpires on the Higgins front then we could be looking at WR in the 2nd. 
Reply/Quote
Nah this draft is stacked with receivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If Boyd's market doesn't develop, I could see the Bengals offering up a 1 year deal, but not guaranteeing him starter play.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Hope not.

Moving on from both Mixon and Boyd feels like the right thing to do.

Reply/Quote