Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is re-signing Tyler Boyd back on the table?
(03-11-2024, 09:06 PM)pulses Wrote: We drafted Jones and Yoshi for a reason and this draft class is loaded at WR so no thanks.

In the 4th and 6th rounds, they were drafted to replace Mike Thomas and Trent Taylor.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In the 4th and 6th rounds, they were drafted to replace Mike Thomas and Trent Taylor.

I totally disagree they Drafted Jones knowing they weren't gonna bring Boyd back. Yoshi was drafted because they knew their was a chance that Tee wouldn't be back when it was time to sign him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:27 AM)pulses Wrote: I totally disagree they Drafted Jones knowing they weren't gonna bring Boyd back. Yoshi was drafted because they knew their was a chance that Tee wouldn't be back when it was time to sign him.

If they drafted a 4th and 6th round WR actually intending to replace Higgins and Boyd (both 2nd round WRs), it would actively make me lose faith in our FO.

Marvin Jones was 12 years ago and the previous Day 3 WR before him who was any good was 23 years ago. So you have to combine the last 23 years of Bengals drafting in order to find 2 Day 3 WRs who could even slightly replace Higgins and Boyd. They are good at finding Day 2 WRs, but they aren't good at Day 3.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I doubt it. we need to get a solid WR in this draft to reload the room because Tee is not going to be here next year and we need to use those funds to fix the Dline and RT spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:01 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If they drafted a 4th and 6th round WR actually intending to replace Higgins and Boyd (both 2nd round WRs), it would actively make me lose faith in our FO.

Marvin Jones was 12 years ago and the previous Day 3 WR before him who was any good was 23 years ago. So you have to combine the last 23 years of Bengals drafting in order to find 2 Day 3 WRs who could even slightly replace Higgins and Boyd. They are good at finding Day 2 WRs, but they aren't good at Day 3.

I don't think they thought Yoshi would replace Tee but they knew he had huge upside and he does. BUt i truly believe that they drafted Jones to replace Boyd. They'll draft in the 2nd or 3rd this year to replace Boyd and maybe the 1st if all the OT's go before we pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 09:34 PM)pulses Wrote: Malik Washington, Javon Baker, Tyrone Tracy, Brendan Rice,McCaffrey....and another sleeper of mine is Jamari Thrash.

Nice. Yes, so many good WR's in this Draft it is ridiculous. Tracy is also a RB so he adds a lot to the team if we get him. I also liked 
Thrash when I watched him play last year.

(03-11-2024, 09:35 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: She said at 3:20 that the bengals would be looking at safety and she predicted Geno stone.  Idk… maybe it was lucky but she called that signing right before it happened.

Ah, hey, good call there Conway.

(03-11-2024, 10:06 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is more what I was thinking. Yoshi and Tee outside with Chase in the slot. Sprinkle in some Jones in the slot and keep an eye on WR if they are best player available in the 3rd rd or after. Unless something transpires on the Higgins front then we could be looking at WR in the 2nd. 

I think a trade will happen with Tee and we should get an early 2nd rounder. Perfect place to pick up an outside WR. Adonai Mitchell I 
think is very underrated, Leggette, Malachi Corley etc.

Now that we got Mike Gesicki I think Slot WR is even less of a need. Chase can play Slot, Gesicki can play Slot, Chuck can play Slot...

Irwin can...

Iosivas is a talent on the outside, but after him and Chase and a Tee trade we will need an outside WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:22 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: If we could re-sign Boyd for 6-7 million per year maybe.  I wouldnt sign him for much more than that when we already drafted Jones and Iosivas plus have other options in the draft. 

Neither are Boyd. Not even right now. I also don’t see the potential to be Boyd either. Hope I’m wrong but Jones I just haven’t seen it
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice. Yes, so many good WR's in this Draft it is ridiculous. Tracy is also a RB so he adds a lot to the team if we get him. I also liked 

I think a trade will happen with Tee and we should get an early 2nd rounder. Perfect place to pick up an outside WR. Adonai Mitchell I 

Now that we got Mike Gesicki I think Slot WR is even less of a need. Chase can play Slot, Gesicki can play Slot, Chuck can play Slot...

Irwin can...

Iosivas is a talent on the outside, but after him and Chase and a Tee trade we will need an outside WR.

She, Kelsey Conway, also predicted rankins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:13 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: She, Kelsey Conway, also predicted rankins.

Wow, I will take her much more seriously after this. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice. Yes, so many good WR's in this Draft it is ridiculous. Tracy is also a RB so he adds a lot to the team if we get him. I also liked 

Irwin can...

I would be good with Mitchell but i think he goes in the 1st.
Reply/Quote
I wish Boyd well but it's time for him to enjoy his hometown stint in Pittsburgh.

Bengals have other options.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:17 PM)pulses Wrote: I would be good with Mitchell but i think he goes in the 1st.

Could be right, if we trade Tee to the Lions for their 29th pick Adonai might still be around though, yah never know.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Could be right, if we trade Tee to the Lions for their 29th pick Adonai might still be around though, yah never know.

29 might be a good spot to catch a player that has dropped too...like Karlaftis did
Reply/Quote
Let's remember Gesicki is a "TE" in name only - he really does his thing in the slot and in that role he is a mismatch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's remember Gesicki is a "TE" in name only - he really does his thing in the slot and in that role he is a mismatch.

Yep.  He's going to take on Boyd's role.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Let's remember Gesicki is a "TE" in name only - he really does his thing in the slot and in that role he is a mismatch.

ThumbsUp

(03-13-2024, 09:42 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep.  He's going to take on Boyd's role.

I like it. We have WR's that can play in the Slot in Chase, Chuck Sizzle, sign back Irwin should be a move. 

Need to add another outside Receiver to go along with Chase, Tee (if we don't trade him) and Iosivas.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 08:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would rather have an outside Receiver and use Chase more in the Slot myself. But there are lots of options and as we know
Conway says a lot of stuff that doesn't come true.

Been saying this forever.   Chase could have Cooper Kupp triple crown type of season at the slot.  But we would need more speed on the outside.

Reply/Quote