Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Bengals draft room divided?s
(04-20-2021, 09:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes he was. Chase led the team in receiving yards and TD’s. He was Burrow’s favorite weapon that year. Chase averaged 21.2 yards to Jefferson’s 13.9. Chase was clearly the big play guy.

Jefferson did have more receptions, but that would be like saying TJ was the #1 over Chad in 2006 & 2007.

It depends on what you consider WR1.  I watched every LSU game after it was clear that we were going to be drafting Burrow.  Either of those guys could put up numbers, and they both did.  Chase did seem to be used a little different than Jefferson, but the playoff semifinal was a complete Jefferson showcase.

I will say this - whenever they needed a critical play, Burrow usually found Jefferson.  
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 04:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It depends on what you consider WR1.  I watched every LSU game after it was clear that we were going to be drafting Burrow.  Either of those guys could put up numbers, and they both did.  Chase did seem to be used a little different than Jefferson, but the playoff semifinal was a complete Jefferson showcase.

I will say this - whenever they needed a critical play, Burrow usually found Jefferson.  

The NCG against Clemson was the Ja’Marr Chase show

9 rec 221 yds 2 TD 24.6 avg

Jefferson’s game was nothing to sneeze at;

9 rec 106 yds 0 TD 11.8

But in the biggest game, against the best defense they faced, it was Chase who made the difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 07:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The NCG against Clemson was the Ja’Marr Chase show

9 rec 221 yds 2 TD 24.6 avg

Jefferson’s game was nothing to sneeze at;

9 rec 106 yds 0 TD 11.8

But in the biggest game, against the best defense they faced, it was Chase who made the difference.

Sorry, this is absolute revisionist history. Clemson game-planned for Jefferson (in much the same way that Oklahoma had schemed for Chase in the semis). Once LSU figured that out, Burrow, Brady and Ensminger adapted; Chase, Moss and Marshall became the beneficiaries; and it was lights out.

It's tough to judge the Ja'Marr Chase book by its cover, as is true for any X. His numbers are a function of so many factors that he has little control over, for better or worse.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 07:40 PM)tms Wrote: Sorry, this is absolute revisionist history. Clemson game-planned for Jefferson (in much the same way that Oklahoma had schemed for Chase in the semis). Once LSU figured that out, Burrow, Brady and Ensminger adapted; Chase, Moss and Marshall became the beneficiaries; and it was lights out.

It's tough to judge the Ja'Marr Chase book by its cover, as is true for any X. His numbers are a function of so many factors that he has little control over, for better or worse.

LOL

Chase was going up against a 1st round pick in AJ Terrell all game. He was hardly the “beneficiary” of some easy matchup. Just stop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2021, 07:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

Chase was going up against a 1st round pick in AJ Terrell all game. He was hardly the “beneficiary” of some easy matchup. Just stop.

Now we're moving the goalposts. I'm not talking about who's on the field, I'm talking about how they're being played. But I can tell what you're trying to do. Keep reading the headlines lol.

Good luck to you. 
Reply/Quote