Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the London game still on next year?
Last week a story was out on NFL.com that 2 members of British Parliament objected to the Redskins' team name, and asked Roger Goddell to talk to Dan Snyder about changing the team name or send a different team across the pond to play the Bengals.

I believe it would be Snyder's decision and we all know he won't change the team's name.
Reply/Quote
not sure why the british parliament has any opinion on the matter. Either they want the NFL to play there or the NFL will find somewhere else to play.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 02:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: not sure why the british parliament has any opinion on the matter. Either they want the NFL to play there or the NFL will find somewhere else to play.

Um...it's their country? The NFL are guests and need to play by the laws of England, and if the governing body of said country says they view the team name as racist and idiot Dan Snyder and his team aren't welcome, then good on them.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
F off British parliament .

I'm going to this mofo.
Reply/Quote
Right now, the game is on. We'll see if any real, legal, action is taken against allowing the team from Washington into the country. That's a huge can of worms....
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 10:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: F off British parliament .  

I'm going to this mofo.

Hey now, if they see this post they might add a rider to this motion than bans you from entering the UK, too! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope its within the first three weeks. And we boycott for the Burfict suspension. And tell Goodell to stick it.

Not to mention isnt this considered a home game for us? How can they do that when this is a tax payer funded stadium that gets only 8 real games a year guaranteed. That imo is a giant load of shit. So billionaires can spread their brand while the tax payer is stuck watching the team they paid to keep play in another country. Da hell is that shit???
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:45 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Right now, the game is on. We'll see if any real, legal, action is taken against allowing the team from Washington into the country. That's a huge can of worms....

Did you not say Redskins for a reason? Please tell me that you do not buy into this team name nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 08:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Did you not say Redskins for a reason?   Please tell me that you do not buy into this team name nonsense.

Who cares? This is Jungle Noise.
Reply/Quote
Interesting.

This hasn't made the news over here at all, as far as I can see, though we're neck-deep in Brexit rubbish at the moment so not much else tends to get out there.

I'm not sure what the aim of the letter is, if I'm honest. It's two MPs (out of about 650) and I get the feeling it may be about being seen to do the right thing rather than a desire to actually do it. The UK Parliament are unlikely to act on anything like this on their own initiative. We (the general population) do have the ability to petition Parliament to debate something if 100k people ask for it - for example, a couple of months back, 570k people signed a petition to ban Donald Trump from visiting the UK. It was debated and rejected. Even if this issue got to that stage, I doubt it would get approved by Parliament.

The area I could see getting discussed is the ground conditions at Wembley. Racial abuse is banned in sports stadia in the UK and I imagine this may be questioned at least under those laws. We're usually pretty pragmatic over here though so I doubt this will be an issue beyond the response to the MP's letter.

If I see anything hit the news over here, I'll let you know...
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:45 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Right now, the game is on. We'll see if any real, legal, action is taken against allowing the team from Washington into the country. That's a huge can of worms....

You should probly include DC if thats how you are gonna refer to the REDSKINS!!!!!

as the seahawks are also from washington.
Reply/Quote