Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the fact that AJ Mccarron hasn't been traded yet maddening to anyone else?
And by maddening, I mean COMPLETELY maddening?

The Bengals have a freaking BACKUP quarterback that can be dealt to pickup an extra second round, third round, or some solid combination of draft picks and or talent this year and they just refuse to cash in on it.

They have one of the best trade chips in the league and they continue to sit on their hands. This team has so many holes and they are valuing a BACKUP quarterback more highly than a nice draft pick that can possibly come in here and make an immediate impact. Its ridiculous.

If they dont trade Mccarron this year to try and improve the team then it will be one of the worst decisions this franchise has made in recent memory.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 02:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And by maddening, I mean COMPLETELY maddening?

The Bengals have a freaking BACKUP quarterback that can be dealt to pickup an extra second round, third round, or some solid combination of draft picks and or talent this year and they just refuse to cash in on it.

They have one of the best trade chips in the league and they continue to sit on their hands. This team has so many holes and they are valuing a BACKUP quarterback more highly than a nice draft pick that can possibly come in here and make an immediate impact. Its ridiculous.

If they dont trade Mccarron this year to try and improve the team then it will be one of the worst decisions this franchise has made in recent memory.

I really don't think you will see any action on him until the start of the new league year (March 9, I believe)

Teams really don't do much until then.  I'm also not sure what the cap ramifications would be if he is dealt before then.

I'm not expecting him to get traded until teams do their due diligence on this year's QB crop.  

So, long story short, I'm not upset or surprised that he hasn't been moved yet.
Reply/Quote
I would think hes a draft day trade if traded..
Reply/Quote
If they can get a 2nd I would be happy
Reply/Quote
Not surprised really.

1. I think the market for him won't be as big as people think.

All it takes is one team, but it wouldn't surprise me if no teams think McCarron is the guy they want to hand the keys to the franchise.

2. If he is traded, it might be closer to the draft or during the draft.

3. It also wouldn't surprise me if Mike Brown decides to keep McC and collect a precious compensatory pick later.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It takes two to tango.

Who is interested in AJ McCarron? I'm not talking about "Hue knows him, and likes the guy". Who is so desperate that they are gonna pony up a second round pick for a guy with 4-5 starts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 02:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: And by maddening, I mean COMPLETELY maddening?

No trades can happen until March 9th. So no I am not mad lol

I will be upset if I hear they turned down a pick in the 1st 3 rounds for him and keep him though. That said as long as it happens before or during the draft I don't care when it happens. He will not be the first QB domino to fall so keep that in mind as the process moves forward  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. Not surprised at all. I would be more surprised if the team trades him on draft day, if ever.
Reply/Quote
No. None of the other teams have made any moves to trade a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_inline_olark05uzU1qjwxqv_540.png]First Rounder, No Less!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 03:15 PM)jason Wrote: It takes two to tango.

Who is interested in AJ McCarron? I'm not talking about "Hue knows him, and likes the guy". Who is so desperate that they are gonna pony up a second round pick for a guy with 4-5 starts.

That and he has a year left. So he better be the guy you want for a second. And I doubt they want to offload their security blanket for a later round pick (what I would guess they'd roughly get). 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
He and Garoppolo I don't think even really get offers until after the scouting process gets a little more in depth, combine and pro days need to occur before a team decides they'd rather have them over a prospect. Just because trades can occur early in March don't expect anythign until closer to the draft, saying they do something.
Reply/Quote
I think the Garapollo and Romo dominos have to fall before teams will make a big offer for McCarron.

I don't see him being a guy that can make a bad team good. I don't even know if he's a guy that can go to a good team and make them stay good.

If the Bengals could get a 1st Round pick for him...he'd be traded by now.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If the Bengals could get a 1st Round pick for him...he'd be traded by now.

Except for the fact he can't be traded right now.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised. We missed our big opportunity when Zimmer lost his starting qb.

They should still trade him. Especially after the comp pick plan blew up in their face. This even Hobs admitted (they misjudged the comp picks) the bluster.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
No other team is interested in McCarron.
Reply/Quote

Nope not at all.  The Bengals know what they have in AJ McCarron.  If he is not gone this year then I would not be surprised to see him as the starter within 3.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2017, 04:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: Not surprised. We missed our big opportunity when Zimmer lost his starting qb.

They should still trade him. Especially after the comp pick plan blew up in their face. This even Hobs admitted (they misjudged the comp picks) the bluster.

Except Minnesota wanted a veteran starter.
Reply/Quote
McCarron's status is going to be determined by one main thing and that is what happens to Garappolo. If he's traded for a nice high pick then the Bengals will be looking for similar compensation. If for some reason Jimmy G is not traded then McCarron becomes a hot commodity. I don't see him being the top priority for many teams but he will easily end up being priority 1B if the dominoes fall right.
Reply/Quote
Not really

I'm probably in the minority that wants him as a backup plan this season.
Reply/Quote