Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a worse spot to be in than 0-8 while trying to win?
The Dolphins are bad. They have a worse point differential than us...but they traded some of their players and have a load of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Round picks. ie They're trying to be bad looking to a rebuild and presumably being good about the time Brady retires. Oh...and they are projected to have some $100 million in cap space and generally people want to come to Miami.

The Bengals on the other hand relied on a new staff to come in and 'coach guys up'. It has failed. In free agency, we know what we did...we brought back Hart, Eifert, Dennard, and Preston Brown. Ignoring the need for speed at LB through free agency. Then knowing we had no speed...we doubled-down and decided to go 2 LB sets most of the time...which is terrible.

Despite having some $50 million in cap space, we arguably didn't upgrade a single position.

The playcalling is bad. The same plays beat us over and over. The coaches even say this in quotes.

And...guys who once looked like budding stars like Jackson and Bates...look lost. So guys are regressing. (I think IF players were showing improvement, that's atleast something.)

So...while our record is 0-8, we're trying to win! There is no treasure trove of draft picks. Heck, most things I read indicate that the Bengals think they're a few lucky breaks away from having 3-4 wins. They also seem hesitant to trade players...still talking about having success this season.

Is there a worse spot to be in? Would you rather be a Dolphins fan?
Reply/Quote
I knew when Marvin left, that it was going to be worse before it got better. The only question is how long is it going to stay worse? With this one track mindset front office and the culture they have cultivated here, where losing is no reason for alarm, it could be a good long while until we can luck into enough good draft classes to be as fake good as Marvin’s teams were so we can act surprised when the teams that REALLY want it curb stomp us in the post season.

Plain and simple. The man at the top doesn’t want it badly enough to change his ways. He likes the comfort of his familiar habits, so he fills his building with people who will accept the results and keep coming back for more. That is why we could not get over the hump when the talent was present, and why minimal changes will occur now that we are staring at the very real possibility of a winless season. We will march forward with the same “good soldiers” until their boot heels are completely worn and then we will look to draft others just like them.
Reply/Quote
There is no worse spot. The sad news is, this is the Bengals trying to win now. As much as they are willing to try at least.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 12:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Dolphins are bad. They have a worse point differential than us...but they traded some of their players and have a load of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Round picks. ie They're trying to be bad looking to a rebuild and presumably being good about the time Brady retires. Oh...and they are projected to have some $100 million in cap space and generally people want to come to Miami.

The Bengals on the other hand relied on a new staff to come in and 'coach guys up'. It has failed. In free agency, we know what we did...we brought back Hart, Eifert, Dennard, and Preston Brown. Ignoring the need for speed at LB through free agency. Then knowing we had no speed...we doubled-down and decided to go 2 LB sets most of the time...which is terrible.

Despite having some $50 million in cap space, we arguably didn't upgrade a single position.

The playcalling is bad. The same plays beat us over and over. The coaches even say this in quotes.

And...guys who once looked like budding stars like Jackson and Bates...look lost. So guys are regressing. (I think IF players were showing improvement, that's atleast something.)

So...while our record is 0-8, we're trying to win! There is no treasure trove of draft picks. Heck, most things I read indicate that the Bengals think they're a few lucky breaks away from having 3-4 wins. They also seem hesitant to trade players...still talking about having success this season.

Is there a worse spot to be in? Would you rather be a Dolphins fan?

I get the whole coach speak thing. I know ZT isn't going to get behind the mic and say we suck, the players all suck, blow it up !

But I'm beginning to believe he really does think we're close.  Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2019, 04:01 AM)HuDey Wrote: I knew when Marvin left, that it was going to be worse before it got better. The only question is how long is it going to stay worse? With this one track mindset front office and the culture they have cultivated here, where losing is no reason for alarm, it could be a good long while until we can luck into enough good draft classes to be as fake good as Marvin’s teams were so we can act surprised when the teams that REALLY want it curb stomp us in the post season.

Plain and simple. The man at the top doesn’t want it badly enough to change his ways. He likes the comfort of his familiar habits, so he fills his building with people who will accept the results and keep coming back for more. That is why we could not get over the hump when the talent was present, and why minimal changes  will occur now that we are staring at the very real possibility of a winless season. We will march forward with the same “good soldiers” until their boot heels are completely worn and then we will look to draft others just like them.

I feel like this coaching staff is going to have to drastically change personnel or drastically improve to make this team better.

3rd and 10 and they run a play that calls for a 2 yard pass as the primary read. That's just terrible.
Reply/Quote
Here you have it...they're going to try to eek out every win they can:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote