Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any way to twist "losing" into a POSITIVE?
Hear me out...
Could it be possible to twist perennial losing into an advantage?

Imagine trying to convince a player or coach to come here with something like this...

"Look, this franchise has been a loser forever... but ANYONE can go win on a perennial winner, and get lost in the shuffle of those who came before and after. But man, if you come here and win it all... you'll be a GOD in this city... WORSHIPED and IMMORTALIZED."

I know it sounds desperate, but at this point I think it's time to start playing the hand that's been dealt.
Reply/Quote
It builds character?

Eh..nvm...it just turns the players and fans into a bunch on whiny assholes. Yes I'm near the top of the list.
Reply/Quote
I don't know ? This F.O. is the worst in the league and it's no secret.

I do believe that was one of Marvin's underlying motivations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just read former sports reporter ******* Hobsons articles, he does it daily.
Reply/Quote
Losing USUALLY forces people to take a look at their situation and make necessary changes to become winners. The one benefit of losing is that it can be a motivating factor to improve. That being said, the NFL doesn’t penalize losing, in fact it rewards it. Profit Sharing and TV money basically ensures owners are going to make a lot of money even if they go 0-16 every year. Mike Brown understands this and is willing to be a loser and keep printing money as is. He has NO desire to be a winner and his actions prove that. Get rid of profit sharing and force the owners to keep butts in seats, THEN you would see a true change. Until then, it will be a continual football Purgatory in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 10:34 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Hear me out...

Imagine trying to convince a player or coach to come here with something like this...

"Look, this franchise has been a loser forever... but ANYONE can go win on a perennial winner, and get lost in the shuffle of those who came before and after.  But man, if you come here and win it all... you'll be a GOD in this city... WORSHIPED and IMMORTALIZED."

I know it sounds desperate, but at this point I think it's time to start playing the hand that's been dealt.

no anxiety over if we will make it to the playoffs and get a win...
Reply/Quote
I guess the only way to spin this season is surely this now suggests we need a complete rebuild? Going 6-10 will always allow coaches/owners to say they're on the right track and aren't too far away. 1-15 or whatever definitely suggests the team/coaching needs replacing.

Not that I imagine the Bengals will shake much of anything up this offseason!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:15 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Losing USUALLY forces people to take a look at their  situation and make necessary changes to become winners. The one benefit of losing is that it can be a motivating factor to improve. That being said, the NFL doesn’t penalize losing, in fact it rewards it. Profit Sharing and TV money basically ensures owners are going to make a lot of money even if they go 0-16 every year. Mike Brown understands this and is willing to be a loser and keep printing money as is. He has NO desire to be a winner and his actions prove that. Get rid of profit sharing and force the owners to keep butts in seats, THEN you would see a true change. Until then, it will be a continual football Purgatory in Cincy.

The pathetic part is it only takes one superbowl to fill your stadium for years.  Seattle would be a good example. Too bad mb is an idiot.
Reply/Quote
With MB at the helm ... NO!

Do you really think it matters what 'draft pick' they have?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:29 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I guess the only way to spin this season is surely this now suggests we need a complete rebuild? Going 6-10 will always allow coaches/owners to say they're on the right track and aren't too far away. 1-15 or whatever definitely suggests the team/coaching needs replacing.

Not that I imagine the Bengals will shake much of anything up this offseason!

From what Hobson said on Bengals.com...they'll view the issues this year as injuries and learning a new scheme.
Reply/Quote

"Look, this franchise has been a loser forever... but ANYONE can go win on a perennial winner, and get lost in the shuffle of those who came before and after.  But man, if you come here and win it all... you'll be a GOD in this city... WORSHIPED and IMMORTALIZED."

Nah, I was going to give a sarcastic answer but truth is there is no joy in consistently losing like this.   

Also , if this carries on for a few seasons then the whole franchise being in Cincinnati would be at risk - again no positives in that.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 01:49 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Nah, I was going to give a sarcastic answer but truth is there is no joy in consistently losing like this.   

Also , if this carries on for a few seasons then the whole franchise being in Cincinnati would be at risk - again no positives in that.

Actually I lied!!

I live in England and so buy the NFL games pass season ticket...when we are winning then more games are televised and i have more chance of a blackout.

So basically as we are so terrible , no games are blacked out in Britain , which means i get to watch 100% of this sh*tshow.. 

How's that for a positive  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I feel like after 28 years...the secret is out in NFL circles that the Bengals are poorly managed. Marvin was likely the only thing that made us relevant.

We shall see.
Reply/Quote

The winners will steer clear of Mike Brown after this debacle of a year. He's back to his 90's mentality of suck for profits.

Mike Brown's dependency on the NFL's welfare system is pathetic.

Reply/Quote
When a molecule "loses" an electron it becomes more "positive".
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 10:34 AM)Tomkat Wrote: "Look, this franchise has been a loser forever... but ANYONE can go win on a perennial winner, and get lost in the shuffle of those who came before and after.  But man, if you come here and win it all... you'll be a GOD in this city... WORSHIPED and IMMORTALIZED."

Sure, worshiped and immortalized. By having your number retired and being up in our "Ring of Heroes" on display in the stadium.
Oh, wait. Never mind.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:15 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Losing USUALLY forces people to take a look at their situation and make necessary changes to become winners. The one benefit of losing is that it can be a motivating factor to improve.

Rep

Quote: That being said, the NFL doesn’t penalize losing, in fact it rewards it. Profit Sharing and TV money basically ensures owners are going to make a lot of money even if they go 0-16 every year. Mike Brown understands this and is willing to be a loser and keep printing money as is. He has NO desire to be a winner and his actions prove that. Get rid of profit sharing and force the owners to keep butts in seats, THEN you would see a true change. Until then, it will be a continual football Purgatory in Cincy.

I disagree with this part though. I think Mike wants to win. And he came pretty close for a coupla seasons with Andy § AJ and even with Carson in ‘05. At least that’s the way I suppose he see’s it. It’s a false confidence though.

The problem with the world is that stupid people are full of confidence and intelligent people are full of doubt.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Makes for good comedy
Reply/Quote
#1 draft pick is a good problem to have. I don't like any QBs in this draft (now watch it exceed the class of 1984) and would trade it for multiple early round picks.

For now, get an O-line for Mixon. At least we can establish some sort of ground threat and use it for play-action on throws Finley CAN make. Then get some DBs that can actually tackle and not get juked on the first move. After a season, the O-line should gel with the offense as a whole and we should have a something resembling a defense. The only missing pieces by then would be a dominant edge rusher and a QB.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I treat my fan status this way.

The sheer patience and utter loyalty it takes to be a Bengals fan is something we should all be proud of. This is our positive.
Reply/Quote