Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there anywhere I can listen to the games on my phone?
I don't live in the Cincinnati area anymore. I want to still at LEAST listen to the games live. Is there any online service that can do this (preferably on the phone)? I don't care if I have to pay a little bit of money. I'm just in Bronco / Vikings / Seahawks area right now, and the only team I would be interested in is the Vikings.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sign up for nfl gamepass free 7 day trial. Watch game. Cancel immediately after game. I did this with three different email addresses last season and was able to watch every preseason game And didn’t pay a dime.

Takes a little work but well worth it.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 06:01 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Sign up for nfl gamepass free 7 day trial. Watch  game. Cancel immediately after game. I did this with three different email addresses last season and was able to watch every preseason game And didn’t pay a dime.

Takes a little work but well worth it.

I'll do that if I can't find anywhere else. I'm a truck driver, so if I can get the radio version of it that would be the best. I would have to wait to come home to watch the game otherwise. Thank you for the suggestion
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/news/game-day-info-bears-at-bengals

"WAYS TO LISTEN
Additionally, the radio broadcast will be streamed on Bengals.com."

There ya go if you just wanted the radio broadcast. Otherwise do the trial thingy above to watch. And if you dont want to use a credit card, I will be posting a link to reddit to their NFL section to watch games.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 06:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/game-day-info-bears-at-bengals

"WAYS TO LISTEN
Additionally, the radio broadcast will be streamed on Bengals.com."

There ya go if you just wanted the radio broadcast. Otherwise do the trial thingy above to watch. And if you dont want to use a credit card, I will be posting a link to reddit to their NFL section to watch games.

Awesome! I didn't know that the Bengals streamed their radio broadcast on their website. That will help a ton.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 06:10 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Awesome! I didn't know that the Bengals streamed their radio broadcast on their website. That will help a ton.

I think it's just for preseason, unless something changed. Because they weren't streaming the broadcast during the regular season last year. Couldnt even find them on iHeart either.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 06:12 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think it's just for preseason, unless something changed. Because they weren't streaming the broadcast during the regular season last year. Couldnt even find them on iHeart either.

Ugh, maybe I'll just get my Sirius subscription back. I'm pretty sure they broadcast the games lives over radio
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 06:12 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think it's just for preseason, unless something changed. Because they weren't streaming the broadcast during the regular season last year. Couldnt even find them on iHeart either.

I know since Game Pass was birthed, you can't get radio broadcast anywhere outside of the local broadcast of you live close enough.

(I was stationed at Myrtle Beach AFB in SC 1971-1975. I  got out in September 1975. I could go back out onto the rear outside stairs at the barracks and pick of WLW and listen to Reds games, and that was 45 years ago!)

Are you SURE they do preseason games on the website??
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 07:40 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I know since Game Pass was birthed, you can't get radio broadcast anywhere outside of the local broadcast of you live close enough.

(I was stationed at Myrtle Beach AFB in SC 1971-1975. I  got out in September 1975. I could go back out onto the rear outside stairs at the barracks and pick of WLW and listen to Reds games, and that was 45 years ago!)

Are you SURE they do preseason games on the website??

No, you can't listen on the website, only if you are in the states (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and West Virginia) with the radio broadcasts on the website.

I didn't think you could since Game Pass offers preseason audio AND video streaming.
Reply/Quote
I got an app a few years back called “Pro Radio” that streams several local radio channels. At least one, but usually multiple streams will have the games.

Found this link in the app:

Pro Football Radio & Media
http://itunes.apple.com/app/id463107500?mt=8

Here’s their website:
http://jjacrapps.blogspot.com/?m=1
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 06:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Ugh, maybe I'll just get my Sirius subscription back. I'm pretty sure they broadcast the games lives over radio

That they do, both home and away broadcasts.  Sometimes leaving the game we'll throw on a 4:00 game or listen to their Red Zone-like coverage.  Cutler hands out scores on the post-game like free automobiles, and somehow he's more annoying when we win.  On a great day to be a Bengals fan!!!  A phrase I've come to both love and loathe.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 07:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: No, you can't listen on the website, only if you are in the states (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and West Virginia) with the radio broadcasts on the website.

I didn't think you could since Game Pass offers preseason audio AND video streaming.

They should probably clarify that like they did for watching it on nfl.com for just the local markets. I just assumed anyone can listen in based on their wording of it. Regular season though, it wont be on there for anyone. Still might be worth testing out though to be sure. Not that I really care cause I am outside of Cincy myself lol.

Reply/Quote
Check Reddit.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 05:57 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't live in the Cincinnati area anymore. I want to still at LEAST listen to the games live. Is there any online service that can do this (preferably on the phone)? I don't care if I have to pay a little bit of money. I'm just in Bronco / Vikings / Seahawks area right now, and the only team I would be interested in is the Vikings.

Do you get NFL Network.  They always show replays of all the preseason games. I see NFL Network will show it Saturday Morning 4 AM est.  If you are on west coast it will be on 1 AM.  You might want to record it. It's also on Wednesday 8-15 at 10 AM est or 7 AM if on west coast.  All the preseason games are on NFL Network. You can go crazy watching preseason football and every team if you want. 

Another option is what you are on now if you are reading this. Internet.  A site called watch sports.  Google it or whatever and when you find it, save it as a favorite.  It offers 5 or 6 different stream sites of about every game. You just have to find the one that works. Do NOT click on signing up for anything. Close all pop ups trying to block you in the form of trying to sell you a site. Click on x boxes and close pop ups. WARNING : if a stream site causes your device problems, you have to immediately unplug, remove battery on a reboot. Then avoid that stream site if you look for a different one. Often you can watch TV broadcast of games, better than radio broadcast.

There is always paying to watch Bengals out of the Bengals area. I would choose that over what my dad or brother did moving. They became Buccaneers fans. If I moved to another area, I would insist my TV package offer me my BENGALS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

I listened to almost every game last year via the site. The only games i ever get to watch are the nationally televised games which are almost always losing affairs against the Pittsburgh squats.. However, they don't make the audio version available for phones. You have to use either a desktop or laptop. Luckily I have access to both phone, laptop and desktop.. I would love to be able to sit out on the back porch and listen ,but I don't have a Bluetooth connection to reach that far...yet. I might go ahead and setup a Bluetooth on the desktop just for that purpose . The laptop is too unreliable. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 09:25 AM)kevin Wrote: Do you get NFL Network.  They always show replays of all the preseason games. I see NFL Network will show it Saturday Morning 4 AM est.  If you are on west coast it will be on 1 AM.  You might want to record it. It's also on Wednesday 8-15 at 10 AM est or 7 AM if on west coast.  All the preseason games are on NFL Network. You can go crazy watching preseason football and every team if you want. 

Another option is what you are on now if you are reading this. Internet.  A site called watch sports.  Google it or whatever and when you find it, save it as a favorite.  It offers 5 or 6 different stream sites of about every game. You just have to find the one that works. Do NOT click on signing up for anything. Close all pop ups trying to block you in the form of trying to sell you a site. Click on x boxes and close pop ups. 

I watched just about any game I wanted last year.  In 2016 after my wife had died, I dropped all cable to make sure I could pay all the real bills on one income. That year I watched a lot of YouTube and free Antenna TV channels, but I also used internet to watch any football or baseball game I wanted to. Turned out the bills no problem, so I was back on pay service TV since 2017.  I still use the computer site to watch games not on in my area. For example the Reds stink and have stunk for 4 years. However the Indians are not on in my area, so I watch them on internet. 

So NFL Network replays or watch sports is as easy as going on this site. It's the same thing as on TV.  Your computer becomes a TV. Now people on their phones, I don't know.  I know my lap top makes on great TV set. 

I'm wondering if you can pick up the games via YouTube TV without having to pay for gamepass.. For a short time last year I paid the $40 for YouTube TV through the Roku setup, but my older roku stick didn't work with it and I didn't want to buy a   new roku stick although I might this year  .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

on the radio service like I heart I think they WEBN play music on the app even when broadcasting the game locally.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: on the radio service like I heart I think they WEBN play music on the app even when broadcasting the game locally.

Correct!  Since Game Pass there is no way to listen to games, in real time, that I know of if you are 'outside' of the local radio broadcasts.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 09:25 AM)kevin Wrote: Another option is what you are on now if you are reading this. Internet.  A site called watch sports.  Google it or whatever and when you find it, save it as a favorite.  It offers 5 or 6 different stream sites of about every game. You just have to find the one that works. Do NOT click on signing up for anything. Close all pop ups trying to block you in the form of trying to sell you a site. Click on x boxes and close pop ups.  WARNING : if a stream site causes your device problems, you have to immediately unplug, remove battery on a reboot. Then avoid that stream site if you look for a different one. Often you can watch TV broadcast of games, better than radio broadcast.

Reddit is a much more reliable source for quality streams than this.  You can go by upvotes and comments to see which one's are actually working.  I got HD quality streams for 90% of games last year
:andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 02:31 PM)WhoDeyandtheBlowFish Wrote: Reddit is a much more reliable source for quality streams than this.  You can go by upvotes and comments to see which one's are actually working.  I got HD quality streams for 90% of games last year

I had some streams that didn't work on Reddit too and were acting weird.

I don't even try it with my computer anymore, shut me down once, had bad virus in one of those streams.

With my phone Reddit sometimes works though, love to get a good stream when i can on my phone.

Will have to do this a lot this year with us last year having such a bad year.

When we win a lot we get more primetime games.
Reply/Quote