Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there some simple reason that Jeb doesn't sound like a Texan?
...Jeb Bush and George W Bush have completely different regional dialects? I realize Jeb has been in Florida for a while, and call me cynical, but do you think one of them may be playing up one dialect or suppressing another?

I would criticize W. of playing up the Texan stuff, but it almost seems more like Jeb has gone out of his way not to sound like his cowboy-lovin', god blessin', truck driving brother. Just something I noticed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Couldn't it be as simple as those who surrounds him in day to day life?

That can play just as big of role as growing up in a certain region in my opinion.

It can affect the way you talk. To lean towards an accent or away from it.

Just get a girlfriend or wife from the south and you'll know what I'm referring to.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Jeb lives with a central amercian accent and lives in south Florida for most of his life.
(02-09-2016, 08:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ...Jeb Bush and George W Bush have completely different regional dialects?  I realize Jeb has been in Florida for a while, and call me cynical, but do you think one of them may be playing up one dialect or suppressing another?

I would criticize W. of playing up the Texan stuff, but it almost seems more like Jeb has gone out of his way not to sound like his cowboy-lovin', god blessin', truck driving brother.  Just something I noticed.

They are from the New England Area.

W lived in Texas.

Jeb lived in Florida.

And it is all probably fake.

Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-09-2016, 08:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ...Jeb Bush and George W Bush have completely different regional dialects?  I realize Jeb has been in Florida for a while, and call me cynical, but do you think one of them may be playing up one dialect or suppressing another?

I would criticize W. of playing up the Texan stuff, but it almost seems more like Jeb has gone out of his way not to sound like his cowboy-lovin', god blessin', truck driving brother.  Just something I noticed.

Oh brother.

Well here's something you missed about the skank you're voting for.

(02-09-2016, 09:19 PM)Vlad Wrote: Oh brother.

There is a fantastic montage on her doing that black southern accent on cue. Gotta find it on YouTube.
Milkman?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

Wow, Gary Johnson sure has changed!  Also, he's apparently a skank?  Damn, you never look stupid when making absurd generalizations, do you?
Jeb attended high school at a New England boarding school. He went back to Texas for college but then went to South America for his career. He moved back to Texas for a couple of years before moving to Florida in 1980.

Given the detachment in high school and the fact that he hasn't lived there in 36 years, it makes sense. People lose it. People gain it. My uncle moved to NC from MD and suddenly had a Southern accent. Good for business, I guess.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-09-2016, 09:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Jeb attended high school at a New England boarding school. He went back to Texas for college but then went to South America for his career. He moved back to Texas for a couple of years before moving to Florida in 1980.

Given the detachment in high school and the fact that he hasn't lived there in 36 years, it makes sense. People lose it. People gain it. My uncle moved to NC from MD and suddenly had a Southern accent. Good for business, I guess.

That's a pretty good answer, but it's full of facts and logic and doesn't imply that I'm a moron who is too biased towards one side of the spectrum to have an IQ over 30.  Are you SURE you know how to argue politics?
(02-09-2016, 09:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's a pretty good answer, but it's full of facts and logic and doesn't imply that I'm a moron who is too biased towards one side of the spectrum to have an IQ over 30.  Are you SURE you know how to argue politics?

Honestly when I am around someone with an accent I start picking it up!  LOL!

I have a friend with an Irish accent and I have to stop my self from imitating it when he is around.  I love voices and doing voices so it is kind of a habit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-09-2016, 10:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly when I am around someone with an accent I start picking it up!  LOL!

I have a friend with an Irish accent and I have to stop my self from imitating it when he is around.  I love voices and doing voices so it is kind of a habit.

I've actually watched enough hockey to say "aboot" without doing it as a joke.
(02-09-2016, 10:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: Honestly when I am around someone with an accent I start picking it up!  LOL!

I'm the same way.
Most of my senior year in high school, I spoke with a German accent because we had an exchange student from there.
The mimic thing starts to get me in trouble, when I'm around a group of black guys.
The looks I get.
LOL
(02-09-2016, 08:53 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Couldn't it be as simple as those who surrounds him in day to day life?

That can play just as big of role as growing up in a certain region in my opinion.

It can affect the way you talk.  To lean towards an accent or away from it.

Just get a girlfriend or wife from the south and you'll know what I'm referring to.

I speak differently around my parents who have heavey southern accents.  I assume that is the way I spoke growing up.  I didn't really notice it until my roommates in college made fun of the way I talked on the phone with my parents.  Once they pointed it out zi was very aware of how differently I speak around them.

it was a totally subconscious affectation.  

Just ask Madonna. 
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

That's skankist!