Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this "Art"?
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/09/13/rap-video-showing-child-being-hanged-causes-uproar.html

Just wondering if this is "Art"?

Perceived injustice is dangerous and will only get people hurt or killed.

EDIT: I went three pages deep looking for CNN, MSNBC or any of the other news orgs but found none reporting on this.
Sure. He's trying to convey a message through an artistic medium. Whether it's distasteful to some is irrelevant in the discussion of if it's art.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Quote:“I called a lot of parents. It was a direct booking. No one was okay with their white child getting lynched,” Stanley said. “With all the racial tension in the world right out they were nervous.”

Really? I think lots of people of all races would be uncomfortable with their child being pretend lynched on stage.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Eh, people apparently think this:

[Image: AArSvbT.img?h=486&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f...2061&y=687]

...is worth $20-30m. So who F'ing knows/cares about art. Much like with wine as well, I am convinced it's just a group of people who metaphorically jerk each other off with compliments about how clever and trendy each other are for recognizing things they've collectively made up. Lol

That said, everyone agreed to it, nobody got hurt, and it wasn't (presumably) like he was actively calling for violence against a person/people. I think it's in poor taste, but I don't have enough problem with it to say it needs to be stopped like the Kathy Griffin thing or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-14-2017, 10:29 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh, people apparently think this:

[Image: AArSvbT.img?h=486&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f...2061&y=687]

...is worth $20-30m. So who F'ing knows/cares about art. Much like with wine as well, I am convinced it's just a group of people who metaphorically jerk each other off with compliments about how clever and trendy each other are for recognizing things they've collectively made up. Lol

That said, everyone agreed to it, nobody got hurt, and it wasn't (presumably) like he was actively calling for violence against a person/people. I think it's in poor taste, but I don't have enough problem with it to say it needs to be stopped like the Kathy Griffin thing or something.
I'll do you one better.  This sold for $86 million

[Image: rothko1_2214608a.jpg]
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-14-2017, 10:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'll do you one better.  This sold for $86 million

[Image: rothko1_2214608a.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-14-2017, 10:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

Never saw that.  That's hilarious.