Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this Daltons "Brady /Beldsoe" moment?
For those of us who can recall, about 20 yrs ago the Pats were in a playoff run when their #1 draft Pick QB; Drew Bledsoe went down for the yr....and on came this unknown 6th rounder guy named Tom Brady and rest is history.

You have to wonder now after what happened to Dak Prescott if this is Andy's coming out party with some playoff victories etc.
He has a great OL, an owner who gets it and lots of weapons.....he did look good on that drive I saw to win it.

Dak looks to be out into next season if not for good.....feel bad for the guy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: For those of us who can recall, about 20 yrs ago the Pats were in a playoff run when their #1 draft Pick QB; Drew Bledsoe went down for the yr....and on came this unknown 6th rounder guy named Tom Brady and rest is history.

You have to wonder now after what happened to Dak Prescott if this is Andy's coming out party with some playoff victories etc.
He has a great OL, an owner who gets it and lots of weapons.....he did look good on that drive I saw to win it.

Nope. That is a team with a horrible defense and a depleted O line. They are heading for a 1st round playoff exit and it'll only further the narrative, even though it really won't be his fault. 
Reply/Quote
I mean maybe the opposite of what you propose. Dalton is Bledsoe and Burrow is Brady.
Reply/Quote
No. Brady had never played in the NFL. Dalton was an eight or nine year starter.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe this is why AJ is so despondent... he knows Andy will get his playoff win and AJ will retire w/o one...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe this is why AJ is so despondent... he knows Andy will get his playoff win and AJ will retire w/o one...

Trade AJ to Dallas. Problem solved!
Reply/Quote
yea why dont you guys go root for the cowboys or something

Dalton is terrible
Reply/Quote
Jerry Jones “gets it?” I think a lot of Cowboys fans would disagree with you there...

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea why dont you guys go root for the cowboys or something

Dalton is terrible

I will always root for Dalton. He's a class act and was a blessing to the city of Cincinnati while he was here and improved many lives. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jerry Jones “gets it?” I think a lot of Cowboys fans would disagree with you there...
Reply/Quote
Andy threw that ball up down the side lines, miracle it was caught. Won’t happen again. Andy will always go back to being Andy.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: He has a great OL,

Great runningback too. Outstanding receivers there as well

Dalton hasnt worked with a surrounding cast this good since 2015

just saying

Wish MB would value o-line as much as Dallas does
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:04 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Andy threw that ball up down the side lines, miracle it was caught.  Won’t happen again. Andy will always go back to being Andy.

c'mon. That was a great throw. Universally praised as such
Reply/Quote
While I hate the Dallas Cowboys with a hot seething vitriol, I don’t hate Andy Dalton. I’m happy he’s getting a chance to start on a team which appreciates him just as I am happy Andrew Whitworth is having success in Los Angeles. Heck, I’m happy Mike Zimmer is successful in Minnesota.

Currently the Bengals are functioning as a AAA farm team for the rest of the NFL so it’s like watching players get called up to the big leagues and make good. Okay, I’m even happy for Rex Burkhead in New England.

I’m not sure this qualifies as Brady-Bledsoe but I predict Andy Dalton gets his first playoff win with Dallas. If the Bengals were playoff bound I might feel different but the chances of turning the season around are slim and none — and slim just left town.

Andy bled orange and black and he compiled a respectable record in Cincinnati. I just hate seeing him wearing that icky helmet with the ugly blue star.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: While I hate the Dallas Cowboys with a hot seething vitriol, I don’t hate Andy Dalton.  I’m happy he’s getting a chance to start on a team which appreciates him just as I am happy Andrew Whitworth is having success in Los Angeles.  Heck, I’m happy Mike Zimmer is successful in Minnesota.

Currently the Bengals are functioning as a AAA farm team for the rest of the NFL so it’s like watching players get called up to the big leagues and make good.  Okay, I’m even happy for Rex Burkhead in New England.  

I’m not sure this qualifies as Brady-Bledsoe but I predict Andy Dalton gets his first playoff win with Dallas.  If the Bengals were playoff bound I might feel different but the chances of turning the season around are slim and none — and slim just left town.

Andy bled orange and black and he compiled a respectable record in Cincinnati.  I just hate seeing him wearing that icky helmet with the ugly blue star.

Yes, but growing up in Texas, you know he is living his dream right now. Good for him.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:51 PM)kalibengal Wrote: For those of us who can recall, about 20 yrs ago the Pats were in a playoff run when their #1 draft Pick QB; Drew Bledsoe went down for the yr....and on came this unknown 6th rounder guy named Tom Brady and rest is history.

This is so good. 

Yes, a 32 year old backup QB who has 4500 career pass attempts in his prior seasons is going to have a coming out party/Tom Brady moment. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: c'mon. That was a great throw. Universally praised as such

If they have to rely on Andy to win the game, they will be disappointed.  Just as we were in Cincinnati. He cannot carry the team with his arm. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:13 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: If they have to rely on Andy to win the game, they will be disappointed.  Just as we were in Cincinnati. He cannot carry the team with his arm. 

Thankfully in Dallas he won’t have to. Jerry Jones is batshit crazy but he’s way smarter than Mike Brown when it comes to football. The Cowboys have three AJ Green type receivers, Ezekiel Elliott, and an offensive line which doesn’t leak like an overfilled diaper. The only knock on Dallas is their awful defense.

That was painful to write; I despise the Cowboys.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Thankfully in Dallas he won’t have to.  Jerry Jones is batshit crazy but he’s way smarter than Mike Brown when it comes to football.  The Cowboys have three AJ Green type receivers, Ezekiel Elliott, and an offensive line which doesn’t leak like an overfilled diaper.  The only knock on Dallas is their awful defense.  

their offense resembles cincy 2015

Dalton won plenty of games with his arm that year. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Thankfully in Dallas he won’t have to.  Jerry Jones is batshit crazy but he’s way smarter than Mike Brown when it comes to football.  The Cowboys have three AJ Green type receivers, Ezekiel Elliott, and an offensive line which doesn’t leak like an overfilled diaper.  The only knock on Dallas is their awful defense.  

Isn't the cowboys OL banged up? I thought they lost their tackles. The sad part is that even with injuries they put our OL to shame 
Reply/Quote