Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this for real
(02-13-2018, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I never went at your wife and kids.

But even if I did why would you care if it was good for you to get bullied?

Wouldn't I just be teaching you a valuable life lesson?

Nothing funnier than a snowflake who tries to talk tough.

That went out the window when you expressed your desire to have sex with my seven year old daughter.

You of all people should know to just keep my children out of your posts. It’s not relevant to anything here and your history on this is already problematic.

You would think that you would know this by now.
(02-13-2018, 02:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Being bullied is always a good thing.  Valuable life lessons to be learned for everyone.

WTF?  I've heard it all now.  

Mellow

Waiter.....I'll have two of whatever this guy just had please.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(02-13-2018, 03:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That went out the window when you expressed your desire to have sex with my seven year old daughter.  

Did this really happen? I leave for 12 months and Fred begins propositioning posters for their children?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Keep discussion to the topic of the thread instead of bringing up past debates/disagreements.
One thing to remember is that Tucker has an "opinion" show.

And in general his job is to drive viewers that agree with his "opinion".

Namely that white people are somehow getting the short end of the stick in this country.

http://www.newsweek.com/conservative-bill-kristol-tucker-carlson-racism-790833

Quote:CONSERVATIVE BILL KRISTOL SAYS TUCKER CARLSON’S SHOW IS ‘CLOSE NOW TO RACISM'

One of the right-wing's ideological leaders slammed Fox News host Tucker Carlson on Thursday for hosting a nightly show that is, saying that is "close now to racism." 

Conservative pundit Bill Kristol admitted that the bow-tied Carlson was "one of the most gifted" young reporters he had seen, but added that he could not defend the approach of Carlson's show, Tucker Carlson Tonight, which often targets left-leaning media and has defended White House policies that others have called racist.

"I mean, it is close now to racism, white—I mean, I don't know if it's racism exactly—but ethno-nationalism of some kind, let's call it," Kristol told CNBC in an interview released Thursday. "A combination of dumbing down…and stirring people's emotions in a very unhealthy way."

Kristol added that Fox News in general and Carlson in particular were too focused on "birther-like coverage of different issues," a reference to the far-right conspiracy theory that former President Barack Obama was not born in the United States.

So if one wants to believe that somehow Pelossi was saying she is "happy that her white grandson wants to be brown" they must also accept that Carlson is a racist the rest of the time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-13-2018, 04:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: So if one wants to believe that somehow Pelossi was saying she is "happy that her white grandson wants to be brown" they must also accept that Carlson is a racist the rest of the time.

Why the hell would someone "believe that she somehow said it"? It is exactly what she said. I have zero idea how someone could believe she didn't say it (well after hearing it of course). 

As to Tucker Carlson's show: IDK if it is racist or not; as the next time I watch it will be the first. Simply used the link with his introduction as it is the one on youtube that provides the quote.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-13-2018, 08:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why the hell would someone "believe that she somehow said it"? It is exactly what she said. I have zero idea how someone could believe she didn't say it (well after hearing it of course). 

Oh...she said she was proud that he wanted to have brown skin?  Exactly that, eh?

Without the context of the rest of the sentence?

Cool story.

I guess Tucker's interpretation that is "ashamed of the way god made you" is spot on then!   Hilarious
(02-13-2018, 08:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh...she said she was proud that he wanted to have brown skin?  Exactly that, eh?

Without the context of the rest of the sentence?

Cool story.

I guess Tucker's interpretation that is "ashamed of the way god made you" is spot on then!   Hilarious

Are these trick questions? Yes, it is exactly what she said and it was given in the context of skin color.

As I said: Carson's commentary is irrelevant to me; but I suppose they could be used by someone trying to deflect from Pelosi's exact words. 

(02-13-2018, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are these trick questions? Yes, it is exactly what she said and it was given in the context of skin color.

As I said: Carson's commentary is irrelevant to me; but I suppose they could be used by someone trying to deflect from Pelosi's exact words. 

Pelosi's exact words...not exactly. And that leave off the next sentence and provide context?

https://news.grabien.com/making-transcript-pelosi-eight-hour-speech-celebrating-dreamers-feb

Quote:Reading Denise’s story about her being concerned in grade school and feeling different and my skin color was darker and language was stilted. I’m reminded of my own grandson, he is Irish, English, whatever, whatever and italian-American. But he looks more the other side of the family, shall we say. And when he had his sixth birthday, he had a very close friend whose name is Antonia and from Guatemala and tan skinned, beautiful brown eyes and this was a proud day for me, when my grandson blew out the candles and said did you make a wish? What is your wish? 

>> I wish I had brown skin and brown eyes like Antonio. So beautiful. So beautiful. The beauty is in the mix. The face of the future for our country is all American. And that has many versions. 

Clearly to everyone but those intent on wondering why someone wouldn't want to be white she was telling the story of acceptance and admiration for a person of a different skin color less that "I am so proud my grandson doesn't want to be white anymore."

As evidenced by the video posted being one that you find "irrelevant" but still agrees with you.

Carry on....
(02-13-2018, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Pelosi's exact words...that leave off the next sentence and provide context.

https://news.grabien.com/making-transcript-pelosi-eight-hour-speech-celebrating-dreamers-feb

Clearly to everyone but those intent on wondering why someone wouldn't want to be white she was telling the story of acceptance and admiration for a person of a different skin color less that "I am so proud my grandson doesn't want to be white anymore."

As evidenced by the video posted being one that you find "irrelevant" but still agrees with you.

Carry on....

I have zero idea why you posted her exact words; as they show exactly what she said. It appears you are intent on trying to change the words by providing your view of the words. 

Let's try an experiment that will never, ever work here:

Folks can answer yes or no:

Did Nancy Pelosi say she was proud of her Grandson because he said he wished he was Brown? 

(02-13-2018, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero idea why you posted her exact words; as they show exactly what she said. It appears you are intent on trying to change the words by providing your view of the words. 

Did Nancy Pelosi say she was proud of her Grandson because he said he wished he was Brown? 

She said she proud of him because it showed he wanted to be like his friend.  Read the whole damn paragraph.  Reference it to the story she was telling.

And stop worrying that white people hating how god made them... Smirk
(02-13-2018, 08:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have zero idea why you posted her exact words; as they show exactly what she said. It appears you are intent on trying to change the words by providing your view of the words. 

(02-13-2018, 08:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: She said she proud of him because it showed he wanted to be like his friend.  Read the whole damn paragraph.  Reference it to the story she was telling.

And stop worrying that white people hating how god made them... Smirk

[Image: Carnac.jpg]

(02-13-2018, 08:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: Carnac.jpg]

1) Doesn't take a mind reader to figure out what Tucker (and by extension you) were saying.

2) The Secret Club doesn't like meme responses...they'll revoke your membership card!   Cool
(02-13-2018, 08:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Pelosi's exact words...not exactly.  And that leave off the next sentence and provide context?

Carry on....

The question which we are left to ask and use the context of her words to answer is "why was she proud of this?"

She starts the story off by saying that when she hears about someone talking about how they felt different because of their skin color, she's reminded of this story of her grandkid, so one can reasonable assume that the idea of people feeling different because of their skin color is important to this story. 

She mentions her grandson's friend and then says she was proud of this day. She says he grandson said his birthday wish was to have the same skin color and eye color as his friend. 

She then says that the "face of the future for our country is all American. And that has many versions". 

One can then reasonable read that as her saying that America is growing into a place where the typical American doesn't look one way, Americans can be any and all shapes and colors. 

So when she thinks about people who feel bad because they look different, she's reminded of how her 6 year old grandson wants to look like his friend, who has a different skin color than him and that makes her think about how there's no one way to look American. 

So is Tucker's analysis that she thinks it's bad to be white accurate or is it closer to my analysis that she's proud because it reminds her that kids don't care about skin color and the future of America will be one where all colors are valued? I'm not sure, I'm not Nancy Pelosi. I just know that Tucker Carlson is almost definitely wrong in making this a story about shaming white people. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-13-2018, 08:47 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The question which we are left to ask and use the context of her words to answer is "why was she proud of this?"

She starts the story off by saying that when she hears about someone talking about how they felt different because of their skin color, she's reminded of this story of her grandkid, so one can reasonable assume that the idea of people feeling different because of their skin color is important to this story. 

She mentions her grandson's friend and then says she was proud of this day. She says he grandson said his birthday wish was to have the same skin color and eye color as his friend. 

She then says that the "face of the future for our country is all American. And that has many versions". 

One can then reasonable read that as her saying that America is growing into a place where the typical American doesn't look one way, Americans can be any and all shapes and colors. 

So when she thinks about people who feel bad because they look different, she's reminded of how her 6 year old grandson wants to look like his friend, who has a different skin color than him and that makes her think about how there's no one way to look American. 

So is Tucker's analysis that she thinks it's bad to be white accurate or is it closer to my analysis that she's proud because it reminds her that kids don't care about skin color and the future of America will be one where all colors are valued? I'm not sure, I'm not Nancy Pelosi. I just know that Tucker Carlson is almost definitely wrong in making this a story about shaming white people. 
If the point is that kids don't care about skin color then why would the kid wish to be brown?

(02-13-2018, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If the point is that kids don't care about skin color then why would the kid wish to be brown?

If a kid wants to look like his friend, he doesn't view his friends different skin color as a negative thing as the girl in the preceding story had viewed hers as. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-13-2018, 09:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If a kid wants to look like his friend, he doesn't view his friends different skin color as a negative thing as the girl in the preceding story had viewed hers as. 

So the child wants to be in black face?

Children say crazy stuff. Maybe he has low self worth, or living in her family maybe they promote to be shamed if you are white.
(02-13-2018, 09:04 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If a kid wants to look like his friend, he doesn't view his friends different skin color as a negative thing as the girl in the preceding story had viewed hers as. 

Damn context!

Can't we just make it about white people hating white people?!?!   Ninja
(02-13-2018, 09:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: Damn context!

Can't we just make it about white people hating white people?!?!   Ninja

(02-13-2018, 09:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So the child wants to be in black face?  

Children say crazy stuff.  Maybe he has low self worth, or living in her family maybe they promote to be shamed if you are white.

Never mind.... Smirk

Yeah, you're gonna have a hard time explaining why a kid who wished he was a different color doesn't care about skin color; but I have every faith in the fact that you'll try and Dino will agree. 

No matter how noble we think his intentions were or the feeble point Pelosi was trying to make ; his exact words shows that he cares about skin color. The preceding story supports that fact, it does not refute it. 

Let's try that experiment again

Folks can answer yes of no:

If a kid's Birthday wish is to have a different skin color does he care about skin color?