Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this guy reading cue cards during an interview?
http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/stephen-miller-immigration-order-steps-options-table-45438898

Just wondered if anyone saw this interview?

I don't watch the Sunday shows much anymore, but it was linked to in an article I was reading...

If you saw it - or if not take a look at it now - did it or does it look like Stephen Miller is reading talking points/cue cards that are being held up in front of him?

I have never seen any guest on this show or any other Sunday talk show look like they were doing that, and maybe it is common practice and even good practice, I just never detected it before and thought it sure looked like he was reading answers to question after question (whether the answers answered the question asked or not).

Does it look like he is reading? Do other guests do that? Is it a good thing?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(02-16-2017, 05:38 PM)xxlt Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/stephen-miller-immigration-order-steps-options-table-45438898

I don't watch the Sunday shows much anymore, but it was linked to in an article I was reading...

If you saw it - or if not take a look at it now - did it or does it look like Stephen Miller is reading talking points/cue cards that are being held up in front of him?

I have never seen any guest on this show or any other Sunday talk show look like they were doing that, and maybe it is common practice and even good practice, I just never detected it before and thought it sure looked like he was reading answers to question after question (whether the answers answered the question asked or not).

I just think he's weird, that's all. He looks like the type you keep an eye on in the neighborhood when pets go missing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
It certainly does look like that when you point it out. I do not think there is anything wrong with someone having prepared talking points before an interview, and if he chose to display them on a monitor of some sort, hey that's his choice.

I enjoyed the little back and forth where he said the evidence of voter fraud is just "everyone knows it happens".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-16-2017, 05:38 PM)xxlt Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/video/stephen-miller-immigration-order-steps-options-table-45438898

While he was on the various shows I was getting messages to turn it on and that he looked like he was reading his answers.

I only watched bits and pieces, but it sure looked like his eyes were moving as if reading.

Either way they weren't really good answers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-16-2017, 05:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I just think he's weird, that's all. He looks like the type you keep an eye on in the neighborhood when pets go missing.

Gail Collins said he sounded like an unpopular sophomore complaining about his grades. So, yeah, definitely a missing pet suspect.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(02-16-2017, 05:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: While he was on the various shows I was getting messages to turn it on and that he looked like he was reading his answers.

I only watched bits and pieces, but it sure looked like his eyes were moving as if reading.

Either way they weren't really good answers.

Well, I am glad to know it was not just me that thought it looked that way.

And I will admit Stephanopoulos is about as tough an interviewer as you will find. So I can understand some trepidation and wanting to be ready with some prepared talking points to cover... Of course, that reminds me of why Clinton was such an effective leader - he surrounded himself with brilliant people like George...

And, Miller was covering a lot of ground in those talking points, I just think reading prepared statements throughout an interview is unusual and likely to be seen as a problem if it continues.