Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this racist?
(03-27-2019, 02:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I think it's up to individual interpretation.

A racist will look for racist remarks even if there isn't one there, and sometimes it is obviously a racist remark.
And I will admit, I had no issues with BLM when it started, but it went overboard once it started supporting Cop Killers and lost all credibility at that point with me.

Please elaborate or clarify. 
Quote:A racist will look for racist remarks even if there isn't one there, and sometimes it is obviously a racist remark.

I'm at a complete loss attempting to parse this comment.  

People who perceive something as racist are racists themselves?  Racists will interpret innocuous statements as racist?  Then something about overtly racists statements thrown in there at the end...  ???

Try harder please.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
It's less racist than this thing.

[Image: CriminalGlaringAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif]
(03-27-2019, 02:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Please elaborate or clarify. 

I'm at a complete loss attempting to parse this comment.  

People who perceive something as racist are racists themselves?  Racists will interpret innocuous statements as racist?  Then something about overtly racists statements thrown in there at the end...  ???

Try harder please.

It's not complicated.
Typically a racist will perceive almost all borderline remarks as racist regardless if the intent is there or not.
But I don't work in absolutes like some on here. So if the message IS actually racist then it has no bearing on the status of the interpreter.

Got it now?
(03-27-2019, 02:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: A racist will look for racist remarks even if there isn't one there,

This just is not true at all.  From my experience racists are the ones who deny racists remarks are actually racists.

Victims of racism are the ones who see it everywhere, not the racist.  What you are doing (not intentionally I hope) is actually repeating a classic defense mechanism employed by racists.  They try to portray the people speaking out the loudest against racism as being racists themselves.
(03-27-2019, 03:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's not complicated.

For most, this isn't.  You are correct.

Quote:Typically a racist will perceive almost all borderline remarks as racist regardless if the intent is there or not.

But I don't work in absolutes like some on here. So if the message IS actually racist then it has no bearing on the status of the interpreter.

Slightly better.  Thanks for trying.  So, it is your opinion:

Sometimes it takes a racist person to interpret a statement as having a racist intent.
Other times, when the intent of the statement is racist, the interpreter is not a racist.  

you might want to refine your circular logic.

Quote:Got it now?

Yes.  Through unintentional obfuscation you're accurately conveying a vapid position.