Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this real life?
The uncertainty in summer.

The stress of the first four games

Handily beat buff and SF, as part of a 4 game win streak.

The “lost” season at Baltimore.

The rejuvenation with Jake Browning, who had never attempted a pass before 2023.

I was wrong in wanting to lose out to set ourselves up for next year (while still wanting to see development from young guys). I just thought we wouldn’t be able to win without burrow.

This is fun, exciting, challenging our thinking on Zac as a playcaller.

Just keep having fun and playing well. See how far this can go!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's for real BB. This team has heart! They don't know the meaning of quit. They just find a way to get it done.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The uncertainty in summer.

The rejuvenation with Jake Browning, who had never attempted a pass before 2023.

I was wrong in wanting to lose out to set ourselves up for next year (while still wanting to see development from young guys). I just thought we wouldn’t be able to win without burrow.

What’s real life is under Zac they’ve been very good November thru Jan.

the last 3 years. The team as a whole is playing better.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I can't speak for any of yall but I'm usually happy when the Bengals win...lol... I don't hinge my life on it but it's definitely an added bonus. Our division is clearly the hardest division in football. Any team in this division can make a run at any team in the league and into the playoffs. Keep winning!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The uncertainty in summer.

I thought we could win, but 2, 3 games tops and it would be in spite of Jake and not due to him... Dude's made a believer out of me, still think we should sign and trade him next year though lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 03:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I thought we could win, but 2, 3 games tops and it would be in spite of Jake and not due to him... Dude's made a believer out of me, still think we should sign and trade him next year though lol

Browning has performed far better than I ever dreamed he could. I'm starting to believe.
Reply/Quote
There are teams that can rally around and keep winning without they're QB but it feels rare. But I certainly didn't think the Bengals would be one of those teams and I had a couple of eyes on the draft. But they made the necessary adjustments for Browning and he has excelled. What I love most is its seemed to benefit all involved and enabled our whole team to shine and really feel like come together. Bengals football is exciting to watch and I'm not even thinking about the draft.
Reply/Quote
Remember everyone ranting about the Bengals not signing a legit backup QB?  Well, it seems that they actually did..Jake is giving his middle finger to all the teams that passed on him in the draft..
His real test comes against Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Kansas City. Knock off all of them and the talking heads will never shut up..lol  
It would be scary if the Bengals had a one two punch at QB where both Joe and Jake play depending on the situations in games..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 03:28 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I thought we could win, but 2, 3 games tops and it would be in spite of Jake and not due to him... Dude's made a believer out of me, still think we should sign and trade him next year though lol

Any updates on the severity of the thumb injury that caused him to leave the game?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:16 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Any updates on the severity of the thumb injury that caused him to leave the game?

Cramp in the forearm and thumb. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Cramp in the forearm and thumb. 

Damn, overuse injury in just 3 weeks??  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, overuse injury in just 3 weeks??  Ninja

LoL....he posted something funny about hydration after the game. I think he was a little embarrassed over it. He went in, got an IV, and was good to go after that. I guess the young man learned another valuable lesson about game prep. 

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:14 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I can't speak for any of yall but I'm usually happy when the Bengals win...lol... I don't hinge my life on it but it's definitely an added bonus. Our division is clearly the hardest division in football. Any team in this division can make a run at any team in the league and into the playoffs. Keep winning!

Not only do the Bengals play in the hardest division in the AFC, impacting wins and losses, but a wildcard entry from the AFC North would have to go on the road against a division winner even if the division winner had a poorer record. 

Kansas City has been very fortunate these last several years, being in such a weak division, the way the New England Patriots were always in a weak division. I'd like to see Mahomes have to face the Ravens, Browns, and Steelers defense year in and year out. This year, in yard allowed per game, the top two teams in the NFL are Browns and Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 10:35 AM)grampahol Wrote: Remember everyone ranting about the Bengals not signing a legit backup QB?  Well, it seems that they actually did..Jake is giving his middle finger to all the teams that passed on him in the draft..
His real test comes against Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Kansas City. Knock off all of them and the talking heads will never shut up..lol  
It would be scary if the Bengals had a one two punch at QB where both Joe and Jake play depending on the situations in games..

I think Jake has been a real pleasant surprise. His only weakness seems to be his arm strength. I'm thinking in offseason he should do what Burrow did a couple yrs ago and attend a camp to strengthen his arm....was it with Jordan Palmer?  
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:34 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I think Jake has been a real pleasant surprise. His only weakness seems to be his arm strength. I'm thinking in offseason he should do what Burrow did a couple yrs ago and attend a camp to strengthen his arm....was it with Jordan Palmer?  

Yes, and Browning did work with Jordan this off-season by Joe's recommendation. I bet he does it again this year. 

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:36 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, and Browning did work with Jordan this off-season by Joe's recommendation. I bet he does it again this year. 

Jordan has spoken very highly of Jake's abilities. He was impressed with him even before Jake's recent success.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:50 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Jordan has spoken very highly of Jake's abilities. He was impressed with him even before Jake's recent success.

I saw some of that too. The guy has won everywhere he's played, and set all kinds of high school records. That shoulder injury and his size hurt his draft stock. 

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 11:28 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Damn, overuse injury in just 3 weeks??  Ninja

He may have been overusing that hand since he was 13..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This season shows how fortunate the Bengals were when Burrow took them to the Super Bowl. That team was relatively injury-free throughout most of the season.

Zac has definitely had to weather a challenging season without his star QB, Tee, and other vital players being hurt.
Reply/Quote
Honestly thought we'd go like 1-6 in these games... already won more than that.

Felt like 'no-name' QB + awful running game + not great defence = a really bad formula. But instead, Browning is playing perfectly managed football at QB, and the team are adjusting to the change in QB. Playing the Jags/Colts has helped somewhat, but these are still both teams in playoff contention. Ultimately, these have both been very impressive wins.

Obviously Minny is a 'win or season maybe done' kind of game... they are not good when you consider what their offence is up to currently. I think KC is a really tough ask, but they don't look like they used to. I think being competitive in that game would show us a lot. The Steelers game is huge though, that's a tough defence and how we perform against that will tell us a lot I feel.
Reply/Quote