Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this realistic?
To trade Tyler Boyd and Cody core for a late second round pick?? Maybe throw in ogbuehi/fisher as well? That way in first 3 rounds, we can go mike mcglichey at left tackle, jamarco Jones at right tackle , Billy price at center and either will hernandez(that would be an insane steal) or martez ivey at right guard. Giving us a line of mcglichey, boling, price, Hernandez, and Jones. don't know if teams would give us a late second for that though.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:14 PM)Jpoore Wrote: To trade Tyler Boyd and Cody core for a late second round pick?? Maybe throw in ogbuehi/fisher as well? That way in first 3 rounds, we can go mike mcglichey at left tackle, jamarco Jones at right tackle , Billy price at center and either will hernandez(that would be an insane steal) or martez ivey at right guard. Giving us a line of mcglichey, boling, price, Hernandez, and Jones. don't know if teams would give us a late second for that though.

No. Boyd, Core, Fisher and Ogbuehi have virtually no value right now. You *might* get a 4th or 5th for Boyd. 
Everyone else is a "conditional pick" or 7th. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:14 PM)Jpoore Wrote: To trade Tyler Boyd and Cody core for a late second round pick?? Maybe throw in ogbuehi/fisher as well? That way in first 3 rounds, we can go mike mcglichey at left tackle, jamarco Jones at right tackle , Billy price at center and either will hernandez(that would be an insane steal) or martez ivey at right guard. Giving us a line of mcglichey, boling, price, Hernandez, and Jones. don't know if teams would give us a late second for that though.

While admirable, Boyd’s and Core’s values are down right now. As Royle said, won’t get much for them if they don’t show some production by the end of the year.

With that said, I like the selections but the Bengals will not start four rookies on OL. They will start two at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While admirable, Boyd’s and Core’s values are down right now. As Royle said, won’t get much for them if they don’t show some production by the end of the year.

With that said, I like the selections but the Bengals will not start four rookies on OL. They will start two at most.

While I normally would agree, I don't agree. We have shown a willingness to play rookies this year, and our oline is so bad I don't see how u wouldn't start these studs 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:35 PM)Jpoore Wrote: While I normally would agree, I don't agree. We have shown a willingness to play rookies this year, and our oline is so bad I don't see how u wouldn't start these studs 

The reason it won't happen is because it's about cohesion. I can't recall a single team who has started four rookie OL together barring being forced due to injury.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 09:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The reason it won't happen is because it's about cohesion. I can't recall a single team who has started four rookie OL together barring being forced due to injury.

This was exactly my point it is about cohesion.... So instead of starting 2 1 year and then 2 the following year just start all 4 at once.... sure there will be some growing pains but by year 2, possibly by late year 1, u will have a dominant oline for the next 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 07:30 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This was exactly my point it is about cohesion.... So instead of starting 2 1 year and then 2 the following year just start all 4 at once.... sure there will be some growing pains but by year 2, possibly by late year 1, u will have a dominant oline for the next 5 years.

That assumes we draft good players and coach them to dominance.  The last dominant o lineman we had was willie Anderson unless I'm forgetting someone.  Was whit dominant?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That assumes we draft good players and coach them to dominance.  The last dominant o lineman we had was willie Anderson unless I'm forgetting someone.  Was whit dominant?

I feel like whit was dominant.... Maybe dominant is too strong a word but the players I mentioned would be a top 10 oline inside of a year imo... Mcglichey and price are both plug and play and forget about it players Hernandez is great inside and Jones Is solid in both run block and pass block. 
Reply/Quote
Fire sales are dangerous.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Fire sales are dangerous.

[Image: It%27s_dangerous_to_go_alone%21_Take_this..png]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Replacing a bunch of O-linemen with rookies is not a good idea. No way in hell I would do it.

You are making a huge assumption that all of these rookies will be good. Guess what? Ogbuehi and Fisher were first and second round picks, they've been bad. There's no guarantee that those guys that you listed will pan out.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I feel like whit was dominant.... Maybe dominant is too strong a word but the players I mentioned would be a top 10 oline inside of a year imo... Mcglichey and price are both plug and play and forget about it players Hernandez is great inside and Jones Is solid in both run block and pass block. 

You haven't done your research on this guy if you think he's plug and play.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You haven't done your research on this guy if you think he's plug and play.

Mcglichey in pass protection is the best prospect in a long time
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 09:17 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Mcglichey in pass protection is the best prospect in a long time

Not even close.  He is a solid guy, but he's not a sure-fire can't miss guy.  He struggles with speed, and that will hurt him in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 08:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: That assumes we draft good players and coach them to dominance.  The last dominant o lineman we had was willie Anderson unless I'm forgetting someone.  Was whit dominant?

Confused

Really?

Does a bear **** in the woods?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 02:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Confused

Really?

Does a bear **** in the woods?

Your post makes no sense. My reply was about the bengals drafting and developing 4 new offensive lineman for next year. Paul Alexander hasn’t shown he can do that over the past several years.

Does that clear it up for you?

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not even close.  He is a solid guy, but he's not a sure-fire can't miss guy.  He struggles with speed, and that will hurt him in the NFL.

No clue what ur seeing. Hes elite in pass protection. Easily one of the best pass protectors of the past 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 02:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Your post makes no sense. My reply was about the bengals drafting and developing 4 new offensive lineman for next year. Paul Alexander hasn’t shown he can do that over the past several years.

Does that clear it up for you?

Makes complete sense.

I'm confused as to why anyone would question that.

Thus, does a bear **** in the woods? lol

It was meant to be lighthearted, no need for the armour.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 04:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: No clue what ur seeing. Hes elite in pass protection. Easily one of the best pass protectors of the past 10 years.

Then why do so many people have him rated as a late 1st rounder?  IF he's that much of a no-brainer, he would be universally heralded as a top 3 pick.  He's not.  He's got limitations.  

Is he better than what we have?  Probably, but he's nowhere near a lock for the top 10.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 12:44 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Then why do so many people have him rated as a late 1st rounder?  IF he's that much of a no-brainer, he would be universally heralded as a top 3 pick.  He's not.  He's got limitations.  

Is he better than what we have?  Probably, but he's nowhere near a lock for the top 10.
Not sure where ur seeing late first rounder. I've never seen him fall past 12. He was ot2 outside of Adams. Now he's ot1. Hell most likely go to giants which means well have to settle for Williams And as I said he has a motor questions in run game but in pass protection he's the best to come out in last 5 years.
Reply/Quote