Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this trhe sticking point?
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Tale-of-two-QBs/017ae236-f2c2-4335-82ba-ddd3d4e700d7

That’s what he told head coach Marvin Lewis in his exit interview Monday on a day both were supposed to be exiting. Now, both could be back here if Lewis gets his coaching staff straightened out with management and an arbitrator rules McCarron is a restricted free agent.

Is this what it comes down to, the coaching staff?  Or, more specifically, PA?  Please, please, please.

I do not want Marvin back, but if it meant Fat Boy is gone, it would make it a whole lot easier to swallow.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:24 PM)McC Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Tale-of-two-QBs/017ae236-f2c2-4335-82ba-ddd3d4e700d7

That’s what he told head coach Marvin Lewis in his exit interview Monday on a day both were supposed to be exiting. Now, both could be back here if Lewis gets his coaching staff straightened out with management and an arbitrator rules McCarron is a restricted free agent.

Is this what it comes down to, the coaching staff?  Or, more specifically, PA?  Please, please, please.

I do not want Marvin back, but if it meant Fat Boy is gone, it would make it a whole lot easier to swallow.

Yes, this sounds right. From what I can integrate from all the reports I’ve been monitoring from ESPN and other sources, the sticking point is Marvin’s control over selecting his coordinators and other coaches — including position coaches. Marvin isn’t stupid. He can see as well as anyone else when Andy Dalton is running for his life or when holes don’t open for Joe Mixon. Marvin “inherited” the Piano Man and he has never had the freedom to hire his own “peeps.” The good news is Marvin did have the freedom to fire Ken Zampese so that’s a start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So was the Zampese promotion a Marvin decision or Mike Brown decision?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 02:02 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So was the Zampese promotion a Marvin decision or Mike Brown decision?

Good question.  Sounds more like a Mike.  When Marvin finally canned Brat, he brought in a guy from the Arena league and Zampese was already here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't know whose decision Zampese was. Easy to blame MB, but Marvin was able to pass on him twice, and if it was MB's decision, then why hire him in 2016 and not 2011?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Didn’t he say “Ken didn’t get Kenny fired, we did” after Zamp was let go?...maybe he wants Kenny back lol maybe he lobbied for him to get the promotion and is upset Mike fired him Sick
Reply/Quote
Well if PA is gone, that is something.

Still, this whole coaching staff should be gone besides maybe Simmons and Lazor.

Everyone else was terrible this year, even Urban and Simmons and Lazor weren't very good either this season.

Any other team would of cleaned house after this patheticism.
Reply/Quote
Nothing will change until Dalton threatens to retire before taking another snap for the Bengals. Then we'll see MB scrambling to fire people he should have fired long before it gets/got to that point.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Nothing will change until Dalton threatens to retire before taking another snap for the Bengals. Then we'll see MB scrambling to fire people he should have fired long before it gets/got to that point.

Probably correct. Dalton is too good of a guy to do this though.

He will tough it out.
Reply/Quote
They should be more worried about AJ Green not wanting to re-up his contract.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 04:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They should be more worried about AJ Green not wanting to re-up his contract.

AJ was already really frustrated, this only makes him more so that is for sure.

Maybe if he went and talked to MB he could change his mind? Doubt this even would change his mind.

Just need to not buy any tickets this year, no fans, none.

Cannot believe that with PBS having less fans this year in the stadium than Cleveland didn't wake MB up.
Reply/Quote
I read the article. It sounds like every other Bengals article I've read in the last 10yrs. Broken record.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 04:34 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I read the article. It sounds like every other Bengals article I've read in the last 10yrs. Broken record.

Man, if i was a billionaire this house would be cleaned. Hobspin included.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 04:21 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They should be more worried about AJ Green not wanting to re-up his contract.

If they weren't alarmed by Greens uncharacteristic actions this season and outright frustration and moping, they won't care how he reacts.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well if PA is gone, that is something.

Still, this whole coaching staff should be gone besides maybe Simmons and Lazor.

Everyone else was terrible this year, even Urban and Simmons and Lazor weren't very good either this season.

Any other team would of cleaned house after this patheticism.

I really think you’re onto something. Paul Alexander must have something to do with all these, uh, let’s just call them “negotiations” between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. The biggest question isn’t coming from 2018, it comes from 2003: Why wasn’t Marvin allowed to pick his own staff when he became head coach? Was he so happy to get a head coaching job that he didn’t ask for the responsibility to pick his own coaches or was that a non-negotiable item from Mike Brown?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I really think you’re onto something.  Paul Alexander must have something to do with all these, uh, let’s just call them “negotiations” between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  The biggest question isn’t coming from 2018, it comes from 2003:  Why wasn’t Marvin allowed to pick his own staff when he became head coach?  Was he so happy to get a head coaching job that he didn’t ask for the responsibility to pick his own coaches or was that a non-negotiable item from Mike Brown?

When Marvin was hired in 2003, he hand picked guys like Zampese, Simmons, the Hayes brothers, Frazier, Hunley, Chip Morton. Those were his choices, not Mike's. He also promoted guys like Coyle and Gioffi.

Mike most likely made him keep Brat and Alexander, who was promoted to asst HC, but it's not like Marvin didn't get to bring in his own guys or have any say over the staff.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:53 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When Marvin was hired in 2003, he hand picked guys like Zampese, Simmons, the Hayes brothers, Frazier, Hunley, Chip Morton. Those were his choices, not Mike's. He also promoted guys like Coyle and Gioffi.

Mike most likely made him keep Brat and Alexander, who was promoted to asst HC, but it's not like Marvin didn't get to bring in his own guys as well. 

Exactly my point: Marvin needs total control over this!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I really think you’re onto something.  Paul Alexander must have something to do with all these, uh, let’s just call them “negotiations” between Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  The biggest question isn’t coming from 2018, it comes from 2003:  Why wasn’t Marvin allowed to pick his own staff when he became head coach?  Was he so happy to get a head coaching job that he didn’t ask for the responsibility to pick his own coaches or was that a non-negotiable item from Mike Brown?

Geez, this is some sad stuff.

I mean, i said at one point years back that it was unfair to judge Marv if he doesn't have control and he cannot pick his
coaches but if the O-line coach who is bad at his own job has this much pull, this is just crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 06:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Geez, this is some sad stuff.

I mean, i said at one point years back that it was unfair to judge Marv if he doesn't have control and he cannot pick his
coaches but if the O-line coach who is bad at his own job has this much pull, this is just crazy.

This begs the ultimate question: Why has the Piano Man lasted this long? Does he have something on Mike Brown? Do not forget Paul Alexander has another title: Assistant Head Coach. Let that fester in your gut for awhile. Paul Alexander has been with the Bengals since 1992, the year after Paul Brown died.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 12:24 PM)McC Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Tale-of-two-QBs/017ae236-f2c2-4335-82ba-ddd3d4e700d7

Could you get on board with a scenario where Marvin Lewis was brought back as HC and given total control over coaching staff ? Total control over draft picks and a real active free agency ?

With PA being gone ?
Reply/Quote